JSA2422

2017 Vent & Rant Thread

Wow Many of you take the game too serious... talking about like I’m done with this. Well honestly you shouldn’t play if it really depresses you that much to lose. It’s a game, learn to enjoy it.. i bet most people who obsessed so much about winning would win more if they gave less of a s--- lol... over analyzing/ over thinking this game actually leads to poor decision. Setting and forgetting is the way to go

1 minute ago, ShowStopper said:

Wow Many of you take the game too serious... talking about like I’m done with this. Well honestly you shouldn’t play if it really depresses you that much to lose. It’s a game, learn to enjoy it.. i bet most people who obsessed so much about winning would win more if they gave less of a s--- lol... over analyzing/ over thinking this game actually leads to poor decision. Setting and forgetting is the way to go

I wish I didn't care so much. It consumes my Sundays. Is there a Fantasy Football rehab program I can go to? lol

Who writes these after game analysis for rotoworld? It’s hilarious. It literally takes them one week after a player has a good game to be like “so and so will be a solid rb2 going into next week”... after just the week before calling them a mere flex play. These guys are always flip flopping so quickly 

3 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I wish I didn't care so much. It consumes my Sundays. Is there a Fantasy Football rehab program I can go to? lol

Lol! We’ve all been there. Sitting in front of the TV with a laptop and phone refreshing every second hoping for those points to go up. And when they don’t it ruins the entire day. That’s not healthy. 

42 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

It might take me longer than a day to get over this one. My opponent needs 55 points on Monday night and he gets 56? This has got to be some kind of a joke. I already wasn't a fan of Cam Newton and this just solidifies my feelings.

Yeah man that is rough, I had a tough lose like that a few years back that made me go from getting a bye week to playing the first week and my team doing nothing in a first round exit. It was terrible. I lost by less than a point in the game that Antonio Brown went off against the Colts and he decided to have a late punt return for a td and jumped all over the goal post. 

1 hour ago, ShowStopper said:

Lol! We’ve all been there. Sitting in front of the TV with a laptop and phone refreshing every second hoping for those points to go up. And when they don’t it ruins the entire day. That’s not healthy. 

Why are you here?  It’s the Vent and Rant thread.  Not the “make people feel bad about venting and ranting thread.”  You and the person above you who posted about taking things too seriously should just avoid this thread.  It’s because of being to rant and rave in this thread that some semblance of sanity can be had elsewhere.

9 hours ago, emperikal said:

Up against the last place team in my league this season at 1-8 and I run into Demarco and Latavius Murray + Jimmy Graham having career games. On the other side my Fournette and Freeman don't even break 5 points. Unreal stuff really. Leading the league in points scored and points against and unless Parker drops 17+ points tonight I'll be sitting at 5-5

Not sure it was career games for any of those three players, but I feel ya.  Had those D Murray points on my bench while Rawl’s crap night haunted my flex all weekend.

On 11/13/2017 at 1:25 AM, Gryfter said:

Started Mariota over Cousins. Same opponent has Murray too...

Still had a lead with 5 mins left on MNF till that last Landry TD and lost 94-93.

I really hate Head to Head scoring. In 2 leagues, I am in top 3 points scored but I'm 5-5 and 4-6 in those leagues. It's so hard to find leagues that DON'T do HTH though.

3 hours ago, shakennbakee said:

Yeah man that is rough, I had a tough lose like that a few years back that made me go from getting a bye week to playing the first week and my team doing nothing in a first round exit. It was terrible. I lost by less than a point in the game that Antonio Brown went off against the Colts and he decided to have a late punt return for a td and jumped all over the goal post. 

I can imagine -- I beat a guy by 0.15 points and made the playoffs thanks to that same AB game. Those games are fun when it's a guy on your roster who does the impossible.

If it makes you feel any better, I then lost the championship because OBJ got himself suspended Week 16 for wrestling Josh Norman, and AB put up 6 points in the finals.  I'm still bitter about it.

11 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

I can imagine -- I beat a guy by 0.15 points and made the playoffs thanks to that same AB game. Those games are fun when it's a guy on your roster who does the impossible.

If it makes you feel any better, I then lost the championship because OBJ got himself suspended Week 16 for wrestling Josh Norman, and AB put up 6 points in the finals.  I'm still bitter about it.

The worst part is when you see your team go on a tear after its been eliminated and could have won the whole thing. The worst part is I'm a die hard Steelers fan so I couldn't be mad at Brown for doing his thing that game.

7 hours ago, ShowStopper said:

This is absolutely false.

8 hours ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I really wish I didn't care as much as I do. It actually ruins my day when I lose a close game I should have won and my Sunday (or Monday in this case) ends like my entire day as whole was a failure haha.

This is me...i know how i come across..like a sore loser..but it's never the loss that bothers me...its HOW i lose...i'd take a good ol fashioned blowout loss any day of the week over losing the absurd ways I've managed to lose

3-6 now. Lost to guy what set his qb, but left in a WR on bye.

My draft was actually decent; my gameday calls and a few really silly drops (dropped Ingram after week 3) have doomed me.

I didn't do any seasonal last year and i foregetted how to be good.

20 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

GAME

OF

S K I L L

K

I

L

L

UMqLvqE.png

8-2 team in my league has the lowest points scored at 807.6.

Mind blowing how lucky fantasy truly is.

It's really too much about luck, IMO. Especially head to head scoring. I'm getting to where I don't even enjoy it anymore. And an league winnings I may be lucky enough to stumble into are not nearly worth the time and energy I put into it.

2 hours ago, this guy right here said:

Woke up to see I lost by 0.05 points as Gano put up 12 last night

car.png Carolina FGM FGA Pct Long XPM XPA Pts
1 1 100.0 40 6 6

( 3 bonus points for a field goal 40 or more yards ) 

Jeez, we're in a time where more and more leagues are abandoning kickers, meanwhile your league values a 40 yard FG the same as a TD??

the luck factor is hitting me hard this year

money league im at like 1059 points scored, obv have the most points against because WHY NOT

second highest team points scored total is 856, and guess what im 5-5 1 game back of the playoffs, like HOW????

also, my other league, 4-6 with the 2nd highest point total in the league and yet again the most points scored against and have to win out now to make the playoffs

ISNT FANTASY FUN

1 minute ago, kmoore1521 said:

the luck factor is hitting me hard this year

money league im at like 1059 points scored, obv have the most points against because WHY NOT

second highest team points scored total is 856, and guess what im 5-5 1 game back of the playoffs, like HOW????

also, my other league, 4-6 with the 2nd highest point total in the league and yet again the most points scored against and have to win out now to make the playoffs

ISNT FANTASY FUN

Sometimes it doesn't make any sesnse.  Haha!

Does anyone else hate having all your players (or most) playing in the 1PM EST time-slots? I feel like the scoring is always lower in the 1PM games. I always assume my worst weeks are when they all play in those games.

2 hours ago, lolcopter said:

GAME

OF

S K I L L

K

I

L

L

UMqLvqE.png

That's basically me except im 2nd in pts..4-6..and i have almost 100 more pts than the one of the 8-2 teams and 20 more than the other 8-2 team thats first by pts...it really is absurd

35 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

Does anyone else hate having all your players (or most) playing in the 1PM EST time-slots? I feel like the scoring is always lower in the 1PM games. I always assume my worst weeks are when they all play in those games.

Yep i hate seeing all my guys go early especially when your opponent has 4 or 5 late afternoon/sunday night/monday night plays.