Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChasinDatPaper

Is there a real definition of a 'bandwagon fan'

This might seem off, but in YOUR opinion, what is a bandwagon fan?

for example, would you call this individual a bandwagon fan.

A) an elderly Houston citizen grew up idolizing Moon/Campbell -- that played for the Houston Oilers, but their owner Bud Adams decided to move the franchise to a different city due to the city refusing to build them a new stadium. 15-20 years later "that elderly" Houston citizen automatically became a Texan fan and doesnt share any form of interest any longer due to the new team in his city, would that make him a bandwagon fan?

basically, to me, yes beacause I believe majority of sports fans become fans of a "team" beacause of them idolizing a player or a player that looked up watching -- and to me, it doesnt matter if they no longer rep my city or not my loyalty would never vanish beacause of it? So what makes me a realest as to someone that doesnt show any interest any longer?

It's geographic to me as to who you root for.
The only other scenario I respect is if you root for the same teams your parents root for.
Following a player is the definition of a bandwagon fan. I don't even get how Cowboys and Patriots "fans" can even get excited for games. If they lose it doesn't matter, they'll just find another team to root for.

I am considering entering fan free agency if the Browns draft Mitch Turbisky first overall but I may stay in state.

On 2/10/2017 at 11:00 PM, CL3VELANDBR0WNS said:

It's geographic to me as to who you root for.
The only other scenario I respect is if you root for the same teams your parents root for.
Following a player is the definition of a bandwagon fan. I don't even get how Cowboys and Patriots "fans" can even get excited for games. If they lose it doesn't matter, they'll just find another team to root for.

I am considering entering fan free agency if the Browns draft Mitch Turbisky first overall but I may stay in state.

Been a Cowboys fan since the early 80's, through some pretty lean times.  

I think circumstantial change is not necessarily bandwagon, like the elderly couple.  If its local, some fans just root for their local teams good or bad and doesnt necessarily make them bandwagon.  

To me, its when you jump on the popularity train because a team is winning, to where you are of age, and could of been a fan of a team, but that team stunk and now all of a sudden they start winning and you are a fan.  Rocking the gear, going to games (driving up those tix prices) etc.  I think its also the "casual" fan syndrome.  

I am from Idaho, I guess I have to be a bandwagon fan lol. We have nothing here. I am an Atlanta Braves and Hawks fan because the only channel we got with baseball was TBS. Raiders fan because I loved their unis :) been a fan for 40 years