phatrat

2017 Completed Trades Thread

Traded Donaldson and Hendricks for Lester. 

Traded my 7th pick for Longoria and a 10th. 

Traded my 4th, 9th and 17th for deGrom, Kimbrel and Chapman. 

16 hours ago, derekchino said:

I was offered Josh Donaldson, AJ Pollock and Eduardo Rodriquez for Trout... Do I pull the trigger?

This is the wrong thread for this question, but yes, make that trade ASAP.

12-team, 5x5 roto, keep 8.

Traded Bregman and Merrifield, both keepers. Received Blackmon, Bogaerts, Grandal, Strasburg...none can be kept. 

15 hours ago, Big League Choo said:

finally dealt my hometown guy billy hamilton got scherzer in return. 10x10 keeper league. i guess speed kills

Excellent trade.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Excellent trade.

I had received many offers over the years but none really provided the kind of player I would want to get rid of all those steals. Even though he hurts my team in OBP HR and RBI Im a cincy native and so are many of the owners in my league so Reds players carry a little extra value.

Best of the year: Give Harper (non-keeper) and McCarthy for Rich Hill and Bellinger (will keep for 2 more years)

Worst of the year: Give Chase Anderson and Mike Montgomery (deep NL league where both have value) for Carter Capps.

Luckiest of the year: Give Rich Hill (non-keeper) for Arodys Vizcaino (will keep for 2 more years)

Unluckiest of the year: Give Maeda, Galvis, Rendon, Bumgarner post-injury (all non-keepers) for Dahl, Urias, Rosenthal (all would have been keepers)

Do not know where to post this but I'm trying here. :D

Got an offer in our dynasty league. Maikel Franco for Starling Heredia and Christian Pache. Should I keep the prospects or go for the former prospect? The problem is that I do not have any ordininary third baseman next season. 

Dynasty
H2H Categories
14 teams

My MiLB players @ the moment.
1B - Darick Hall, PHI
CF - Cristian Pache, ATL
OF - Dylan Cozens, PHI
OF - Edward Olivares, TOR
OF - Marcus Wilson, ARI
OF - Starling Heredia, LAD
SP - Andrew Suarez, SF
SP - Cody Ponce, MIL
SP - Foster Griffin, KC
SP - Marcos Diplan, MIL
SP - Peter Lambert, COL
SP - Sixto Sanchez, PHI
SP - Tanner Rainey, CIN
SS - Cole Tucker, PIT
SS - Jorge Mateo, OAK
SS - Yu-Cheng Chang, CLE 

16 Team Dynasty, 7x7 categories. I'm in complete rebuild mode. Couple of trades.

Gave: Tyler Skaggs, Nicky Delmonico
Got: Reynaldo Lopez

Gave: Alex Verdugo, Max Fried

Got: Jacob Faria

Gave: Jameson Taillon

Got: Kyle Lewis, Jose De Leon, Jason Groome

On 11/20/2017 at 7:25 PM, KCSteve1160 said:

16 Team Dynasty, 7x7 categories. I'm in complete rebuild mode. Couple of trades.

Gave: Tyler Skaggs, Nicky Delmonico
Got: Reynaldo Lopez

Gave: Alex Verdugo, Max Fried

Got: Jacob Faria

Gave: Jameson Taillon

Got: Kyle Lewis, Jose De Leon, Jason Groome

Couple more I made recently.

Gave: Yuli Gurriel, Boog Powell

Got: Jake Bauers, Franklin Perez

Gave: Kole Calhoun, Brent Honeywell

Got: Willie Calhoun, Amed Rosario

After seeing a Cody Bellinger trade proposal in the bench coach forum, it got me thinking about how I gave him away in a preseason deal to get a deal done with a guy who is a major Dodgers fan in my 18 team, keep 24 league. 

I gave up :
Joey Votto

Cody Bellinger

Josh Hader

I received :

Charlie Blackmon

Welington Castillo

Ian Desmond

Michael Pineda

Nate Jones

We play a LF/CF/RF outfield, so Blackmon has even higher value due to him being CF, when most of the top point scorers are RF. Bellinger was tossed in as the Votto replacement for taking on the aging vet. 

Oof.  It's a defensible trade considering the league depth, the CF aspect, how Desmond seemed like a good bounce-back, and how Pineda seemed as good a bet as any to break out as a fantasy ace, but in dynasty, I never want to be giving up a sure-fire stud who might be getting a little old *and* the consensus best prospect at the same position without a sure-fire top option at the position.  Maybe you had one, but if Desmond was a make--or-break guy to fill in at 1B to replace Votto and Bellinger, that's a lot of risk to be taking on.  I'm also against acquiring Rockies in dynasty due to how much the park inflates their value, but you obviously got the Blackmon part of the deal right, so that worked out.  And I never pay for closers, especially "closers of the future" like Jones, because you hit on maybe one out of every three of them.  I never pay for catchers, either, but I guess in an 18-teamer you have to.

Of all the trades I made in dynasty last year, the only one I want back today is Danny Duffy for Jedd Gyorko.  I knew I was giving up the better player, but I had a lot of SP depth and nothing useful at shortstop, where Gyorko was eligible and had shown a great 2nd half of 2016 and an encouraging beginning to 2017.  I gambled that he could keep that up over the course of a longer season, but he's one of those guys that looks a lot better with a workload of 450-500 PAs, but can't really hack it as an everyday player.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Oof.  It's a defensible trade considering the league depth, the CF aspect, how Desmond seemed like a good bounce-back, and how Pineda seemed as good a bet as any to break out as a fantasy ace, but in dynasty, I never want to be giving up a sure-fire stud who might be getting a little old *and* the consensus best prospect at the same position without a sure-fire top option at the position.  Maybe you had one, but if Desmond was a make--or-break guy to fill in at 1B to replace Votto and Bellinger, that's a lot of risk to be taking on.  I'm also against acquiring Rockies in dynasty due to how much the park inflates their value, but you obviously got the Blackmon part of the deal right, so that worked out.  And I never pay for closers, especially "closers of the future" like Jones, because you hit on maybe one out of every three of them.  I never pay for catchers, either, but I guess in an 18-teamer you have to.

Of all the trades I made in dynasty last year, the only one I want back today is Danny Duffy for Jedd Gyorko.  I knew I was giving up the better player, but I had a lot of SP depth and nothing useful at shortstop, where Gyorko was eligible and had shown a great 2nd half of 2016 and an encouraging beginning to 2017.  I gambled that he could keep that up over the course of a longer season, but he's one of those guys that looks a lot better with a workload of 450-500 PAs, but can't really hack it as an everyday player.

Well, about mine : Yeah, I coulda got it done without Bellinger easily. Desmond was my 1B, but flipped him before the draft also. Kicker is, we don't even score saves (or holds). It's a points league, but the only points pitchers really get are -4 per earned run, and +1 for every K. You have to throw a minimum of 54 IP every week. So high (or moderate ) K closers have value, but it's not appreciated. Castillo was just a guy I needed to get back. I was really high on Pineda though. 

I was OK with trading off Bellinger. I have been playing the prospect flip game forever. 1 out of 4 pan out, but when they do, they REALLY pan out (traded off both Trea Turner and Bellinger last year, Trea was during the season though). For everyone Bellinger/Trea I got too little for at this point, there's a Francis Martes, Yadier Alvarez, or Rowdy Tellez I got too much for. 

But when I saw for Jedd Gyorko, I laughed. I play in a league that's h2h 5x5 scoring. We lose the draft spot we drafted a guy at, and they move up 1 round each year. Free agent additions default to round 16 or 18, I forget which. Anyway, my last keeper spot was 1 of Gyorko, Arenado, or Rizzo. Guess which one I picked? It's hard to even try to defend looking back, but Rizzo had been up and down to that point in his career, just came off a full season with a .233 BA and 23 homers, Nado had a solid debut with 10 homers and batted .267. Gyorko was really average too, but 23 HR in 125 games at second base? So nice. Plus he had been a monster in the minors the two previous seasons (batting .311 and .333 with 30 and 25 HR in 266 total games). I did already have a 1B kept, and 3B kept, and needed a 2B. I clearly remember liking Gyorko the least, but it was close enough I went with the guy at a position I needed. 4 years of regret and counting. 

Always fun to look back and think "what the heck was I thinking?" 

• Like 1

I had some drops I regret.  Travis Shaw, Chris Taylor, a few pitchers.  Comes with the territory of trying to gain roster spots, I guess  

Dynasty. Before the season started. Inherited a team. Twins fan. I traded Aaron judge and Jesse winkler for Jose berrios and Lucas Giolito.

• Sad 1

Once traded Syndergaard and Aaron Sanchez for Homer Bailey.  Definately my worst ever.  I had just drafted Syndergaard that year, he was still in the minors at the time.

A month before the season started last year I traded Dee Gordon for Jason Kipnis and David Dahl

I think mine takes the cake and its not easy to admit it. 20 man 25 keeper league. Traded Jose Altuve for Andrew McCutchen and Ian Desmond. I still regret it, why wouldn't I?!