Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phatrat

2017 Completed Trades Thread

5 hours ago, Khahan said:

I traded Ryan Braun (keeper), Yoan Moncada (wouldn't make list), Chris Davis (wouldn't make keeper list) and his choice of strasburg or degrom (keep whoever he did pick and who he didn't was the pitcher I couldn't keep anyway) for George Spring and Trea Turner.   Kind of really over paid, but since I was going to keep Davis, Moncada or Degrom it worked for me as a keeper upgrade.

dude... this is the exact thing I'm trying to pull off right now. It's the last chance to extract juice from our better 2016 (or prior) draft picks (the ones that won't become keepers, anyway)  

Currently I only have room for either Kluber or Darvish, so I'm trying to target a team with weak keepers to make a 2-for-1 offer. I wonder if Kluber + Darvish is enough for Trea Turner... maybe if I threw Aaron Sanchez in too..

17 hours ago, Khahan said:

Kind of really over paid, but since I was going to keep Davis, Moncada or Degrom it worked for me as a keeper upgrade.

Thought we could edit posts. . . but this should read, "but since I wasn't going to keep . . ."  kind of a makes a big difference in the value of the trade.

Gave: Billy Hamilton, Javier Baez

Got: Carlos Carrasco, Randal Grichuk

Another one for the league in my signature:

Traded Altuve/Daniel Murphy for Betts and 3 1st round picks in this upcoming draft. It's one of the deeper ones we've had since the league started and I've sold my soul to get 6 1st rounders now :lol:

Moved Kyle Freeland(COL) and Mike Soroka(ATL) for

Joe Jimenez(DET) and Eddie Butler(CHC)

12 hours ago, Hasselhoff said:

Traded Altuve/Daniel Murphy for Betts and 3 1st round picks in this upcoming draft. It's one of the deeper ones we've had since the league started and I've sold my soul to get 6 1st rounders now :lol:

who do you foresee as the top 5ish players available at the draft? 

On 2017-02-21 at 10:36 PM, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

H2H 8X8

Harper for

1st overall, 7th overall, 15 overall, and 30th overall

That's way too much providing there's still good players available to draft. 

On 2017-02-23 at 10:48 AM, Hasselhoff said:

From my experience, that's a sure fire way to a league folding. I stay away from leagues with draft pick trading.

14 minutes ago, Call me Red said:

From my experience, that's a sure fire way to a league folding. I stay away from leagues with draft pick trading.

It's a keeper league with 14 kept each year. Not ever had a single issue with draft pick trading. Been going steady since 2011, albeit we all know each other IRL.

Keeper league:

Traded Buster Posey (also had Contreras on my roster)

Received Aroldis Chapman

3 hours ago, Call me Red said:

That's way too much providing there's still good players available to draft. 

8 team league...each team keeps 3 players (1 must be pitcher)

so to say I made big league deal is accurate

I was without draft capital (1-3 last year for Max and a 4th for segura/villar)

I needed to reload

19 minutes ago, Hollywood42 said:

Dynasty points league-

Traded Jake Odorizzi and Byron Buxton, received Jon Lester and Brendan Rodgers

holy cow nice job.

Trade just went down in my keep-5 league:

Clayton Kershaw (1) for

Noah Syndergaard (4), Kyle Schwarber (2), Justin Verlander (12)

also, the team receiving Kershaw will forfeit their 5th and 6th round draft picks in the 2017 draft.

2 hours ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

Clayton Kershaw (1) for

also, the team receiving Kershaw will forfeit their 5th and 6th round draft picks in the 2017 draft.

That's... a lot. wow.

18 hours ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

Clayton Kershaw (1) for

That's an awful trade. 

16 hours ago, jimbo504 said:

That's... a lot. wow.

37 minutes ago, Call me Red said:

That's an awful trade. 

awful for the team receiving Kershaw? 

To clarify, he wasn't going to keep Verlander or Schwarber, so in effect he traded Thor and two picks for Clayton Kershaw. 

He loses the picks, because that's the only way to keep two players from the same round (he also has Bryce Harper as a 1st rounder). Thor is his favorite player, but he is scared of his elbow. Now he begins the year with keepers of Harper/Kershaw/Springer/Hamilton/Moncada. 

45 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

awful for the team receiving Kershaw? 

To clarify, he wasn't going to keep Verlander or Schwarber, so in effect he traded Thor and two picks for Clayton Kershaw. 

He loses the picks, because that's the only way to keep two players from the same round (he also has Bryce Harper as a 1st rounder). Thor is his favorite player, but he is scared of his elbow. Now he begins the year with keepers of Harper/Kershaw/Springer/Hamilton/Moncada. 

I don't play in leagues where you can trade players you're not keeping. That's crazy. 

27 minutes ago, Call me Red said:

I don't play in leagues where you can trade players you're not keeping. That's crazy. 

uh oh. this is our first keeper offseason. did we royally F up the rules?

Team is in sig below.  Can keep up to 3, but cannot keep more than 2 hitters or 2 pitchers.  Keepers are going to be Miggy, Donaldson, then was torn between Syndergaard & Kluber.  Just moved Kluber and my 7th (87th overall) for his 5th (61st overall).

Not an enormous pick upgrade, but not exactly in a position of leverage with a pitcher I essentially couldn't keep.

Looking to possibly do something similar with Daniel Murphy or maybe George Springer, although he's probably just outside keeper level in this league.

1 hour ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

Idk. Depends on how you guys do things. It sounds like you're trading players from your 2016 roster to strengthen your 2017 Keepers. Is that correct?

3 hours ago, Call me Red said:

No it's not.  That's actually ESPN's default setting.  You can trade players up until the keeper deadline, then after the keeper deadline, trading is not allowed until after the draft.

I think that's how most keeper leagues are set up.

3 hours ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

No, you didn't screw anything up.  I think that's how most leagues are set up.  You ever see people suggest packaging up a couple players you may not keep for an upgrade?  That's what they're talking about.

The league in my sig is set up that way.  I just traded Kluber (who I didn't really intend on keeping) for a draft pick upgrade.  I make a trade like that nearly every year.  Usually guys of Kluber's ilk will go for around a 7th or 8th round draft.

You need to be a little careful that one team isn't just unnecessarily overpaying just because the players have no keeper value to them.  

5 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

No it's not.  That's actually ESPN's default setting.  You can trade players up until the keeper deadline, then after the keeper deadline, trading is not allowed until after the draft.

I think that's how most keeper leagues are set up.

That's different. I use Yahoo.