phatrat

2017 Completed Trades Thread

17 minutes ago, Call me Red said:

That's different. I use Yahoo. 

In ESPN, the LM has the option to not allow trading prior to the keeper deadline.  I've always allowed it though.  

Just now, 89Topps said:

In ESPN, the LM has the option to not allow trading prior to the keeper deadline.  I've always allowed it though.  

Interesting. We can keep 2 players but there's no trading before the draft and especially not trading players you don't have a claim to.

Just moved Pujols & Maikel Franco for David Dahl in keeper league.

I wasn't keeping Franco anyway, so it was really Pujols for Dahl in my eyes.

23 hours ago, jimbo504 said:

Gave:

Paxton

Grichuk

Vogt

Got:

Fulmer

Grandal

do you play OBP or batting average? curious because, that totally changes the value of Grichuk and Grandal. 

If it's OBP, Grichuk gets a huge downgrade, Grandal gets a huge upgrade. 

overall it seems fair. I'm out on Grichuk in OBP leagues, but in standard I can get behind him.

Love Fulmer though. more than Paxton or anyone else involved in the trade. 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

3 hours ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

do you play OBP or batting average? curious because, that totally changes the value of Grichuk and Grandal. 

If it's OBP, Grichuk gets a huge downgrade, Grandal gets a huge upgrade. 

overall it seems fair. I'm out on Grichuk in OBP leagues, but in standard I can get behind him.

Love Fulmer though. more than Paxton or anyone else involved in the trade. 

this is a standard BA league. my OBP league doesn't draft until March 26th.

6 hours ago, Low and Away said:

Gave T. Turner

Got: Linder/Bregman

how many keepers? In a nutshell, seems like a nice trade for you. 

Three pffense and three pitchers.

My offense is now Altuve, Linder, Bregman

Didn't really have a third to keep.

Sent : Sano/deGrom

Got:CSeager/Darvish

ADP I win going away. But something makes me feel I got the short end when looking back at it next Oct.

In my 10-team dynasty roto I gave Wil Myers and Rich Hill to get Daniel Murphy and Andrew Miller.  It's a clear win for me by redraft ADP.  A bit closer when counting Myers' dynasty upside, but I still feel good about it going forward.  I needed a 2B, and while Myers and Hill helped me win my league last year, neither is exactly a safe bet.  Murphy should help push my batting average out of the basement and that Nats lineup should be an R/RBI monster in that Nats lineup.  Miller provides elite ratio help to offset the loss of Hill, and probably lucks into some wins and saves, which is good because I don't pay for saves outside of the elite closer tier.

for my league in my signature, moved Realmuto/Osuna/DeGrom for Blackmon/decently high picks. A ton of SP/RP in the draft this year, don't mind Archer as my SP1.

Minor move, but

My Francisco Mejia C CLE

for

His Franklin Perez SP HOU

On 3/7/2017 at 1:18 PM, Hasselhoff said:

for my league in my signature, moved Realmuto/Osuna/DeGrom for Blackmon/decently high picks. A ton of SP/RP in the draft this year, don't mind Archer as my SP1.

how high are you on Blackmon this year?

On 2/27/2017 at 4:33 PM, 89Topps said:

we play if you trade for a player he becomes a keeper. Honestly don't know if it is better pr not.

1 hour ago, Low and Away said:

we play if you trade for a player he becomes a keeper. Honestly don't know if it is better pr not.

Well, yea.  If you acquire a player prior to the keeper deadline, he would count as one of your keepers.  You can't just keep more than the allowable amount just because you traded for one.

That's why it's somewhat difficult to make player for pick trades.  The player has to be worth not only the pick, but also the potential keeper who's spot he takes.

21 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

Well, yea.  If you acquire a player prior to the keeper deadline, he would count as one of your keepers.  You can't just keep more than the allowable amount just because you traded for one.

That's why it's somewhat difficult to make player for pick trades.  The player has to be worth not only the pick, but also the potential keeper who's spot he takes.

Well in the case of I already traded for three offensive players so then they become my keepers. I am effectively barred from trading those three where maybe I coild package one of them along with a pitcher for another upgrade I am blocked from trading. 

1 minute ago, Low and Away said:

Well in the case of I already traded for three offensive players so then they become my keepers. I am effectively barred from trading those three where maybe I coild package one of them along with a pitcher for another upgrade I am blocked from trading. 

What?

You caught me mid edit. Read it again. laughing.

We keep three bats, three pitchers. If I trade for three bats those three bats are now my three offensive keepers and I can't use them for any other upgrades

Edited by Low and Away

7 hours ago, Low and Away said:

Are you asking if that's how it is in my league/on ESPN, or telling me that's how it is in your league?

My post you quoted was just assuming you'd be keeping a player you traded for.  But, you could then turn around and trade him away, or otherwise decide not to keep him if you'd prefer.

You could make 100 trades involving every player on your roster, you just have to have 3 guys selected as keepers by the keeper deadline.