FlashGordon401

Melvin Gordon 2017 Season Outlook

Who you guys targeting if you wanted to trade Gordon? 

Was just offered TY Hilton straight up for him but I can't do it because it would leave me with Abdullah Mixon, Gore, Aaron Jones at RB. 

Any help appreciated.

3 minutes ago, Kerbs said:

Was just offered TY Hilton straight up for him but I can't do it because it would leave me with Abdullah Mixon, Gore, Aaron Jones at RB. 

Any help appreciated.

Julio.

1 minute ago, Mikeboy said:

I guess we have to hold him and pray?

Better than praying is to grab Austin Ekeler, he had an outstanding preseason and I think would actually be more valuable than Gordon if Gordon were to go down.

Then u can sleep safe at night.

Relax guys. The Chargers are 0-4.  Lynn said changes were going to be made. He has been praised as a RB-friendly coach.  Gordon is frustrated with lack of touches & has practiced in full all week after dealing with a bone bruise (nothing structurally wrong). All that adds up to a change in offensive philosophy, meaning the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Rivers can’t carry this team behind a lousy o-line, no mobility & a weak arm. I think you’ll see Gordon get 20 touches & a TD this week

8 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Relax guys. The Chargers are 0-4.  Lynn said changes were going to be made. He has been praised as a RB-friendly coach.  Gordon is frustrated with lack of touches & has practiced in full all week after dealing with a bone bruise (nothing structurally wrong). All that adds up to a change in offensive philosophy, meaning the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Rivers can’t carry this team behind a lousy o-line, no mobility & a weak arm. I think you’ll see Gordon get 20 touches & a TD this week

I have no doubt that Lynn always wants to get Gordon the ball.. Here is the #1 thing working against Melvin... The Chargers defense. They aren't stopping anyone.. Anytime Chargers get down ten points they abandon the run and Gordon's touches go bye bye. Even the Giants at 0-4 can still score points.. Best thing we can hope for is Gordon scores on the opening drive. 

Edited by Brettg57

1 hour ago, Kerbs said:

Any help appreciated.

I just traded him, Landry and Watkins for Ajayi and Jordy.

• Haha 1

So will some of you guys listen to me now about Ekeler??

• Thanks 1

Man, I'll gladly eat crow. I was not optomistic about Gordon today. The dude was a absolute stud today. 

• Haha 1

I lost Clay & Parker today, but I still have a shot because the Chargers wised up & centered the game plan on getting Gordon the rock. Offense looked good with the balance & gave the defense some rest. Hopefully they keep this going

Didn't get to see any of the game but he had 20 carries. Love seeing that stat, anybody have snap percentage?

9 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

Didn't get to see any of the game but he had 20 carries. Love seeing that stat, anybody have snap percentage?

Watched most of it. I wouldn’t be surprised if his snap count was 75%. He was very involved from the start. Also had a couple plays called back by penalty, one of which was a 26 yd run

30 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

RB4 on the season after yesterday's big game.

Gotta feel pretty good about drafting him considering the other landmines that were available in the mid-late 1st. 

21 hours ago, NYR Fan 116894 said:

85% snap count for Gordon...very nice!  The commitment to the running game gave the Chargers almost 32 minutes time of possession.  The defense looked fresher than usual at the end of the game too, although the Giants injuries helped.  I hope Lynn sees this & keeps it going 

Gordon is now the centerpiece of this offense. Everything goes through him. RB1 ROS

Got a bit turbulent a few weeks ago but this man is a workhorse and his passing game involvement keeps his floor so high. The Philly game is just an outlier. This beast is on pace for 72 catches and that is while having 1 total reception between week 3 and 4. I'll take 50-60 and call it even B)

All the haters cracked me up.  He's one of the best receiving backs in the league and can actually handle the heavy workload.