ponza88

Josh Gordon 2017 Season Outlook

10 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He outscored Baldwin yesterday. 

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He tripled Julios production.

Outproduced Mike Evans and Jarvis Landry.

... but not DeDe Westbrook 🍗

:lol:

enjoy this ride, Flashinators ... can't believe i missed out in all three leagues - this is gonna be one hell of a run for y'all 👳

• Like 1

He has the ability to help you win your league.  We all saw Flash's greatness in this last game.  He had chances to score a TD on a number of plays. That is all you can ask for in fantasy.  You need the targets and the opportunity and he had both.  Add in his skill, size and freak athleticism and you have someone that can put up big numbers each week.

Enjoy the ride everyone.

16 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He outscored Baldwin yesterday. 

and Diggs

[ Assistant coach questions and responses removed. @Fried Pork Grind and @WillyG, your questions about starting a player over specific alternatives need to go in the Assistant Coach forum.  Everyone else, if you see obvious AC questions, please report them to us instead of responding to them.  Responding just creates more work for us as moderators. ]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good to hear this from Kizer:

"With time, I will understand the way he wants the ball," Kizer said of his 11 targets to Gordon. "The opportunities were that if he was separating from a corner and when I need to throw back shoulder. Today was a good test of understanding how many times to get it to him. Once again putting the ball into the position where he can make a play."

But yeah...how about you just don't totally under/over throw it? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MBarbarian said:

Good to hear this from Kizer:

But yeah...how about you just don't totally under/over throw it? 

Definitely makes sense what Kizer said. Hopefully another week of working with him in practice will help with the timing.

• Like 2

So I need to ask you all...is the time NOW to start Gordon without any worries? Especially after what we all witnessed this last weekend?

Just now, lavaman said:

So I need to ask you all...is the time NOW to start Gordon without any worries? Especially after what we all witnessed this last weekend?

No, that time was last week

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, lavaman said:

I would keep him on the bench and wait until the offseason so you can do a deep analysis and evaluate the opportunities you missed not starting him  :P

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, lavaman said:

I’d wait until week 18.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He was getting open and looked good. I really didn't expect that after the long layoff. Kizer, on the other hand,  looked terrible and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn when it came to targeting Gordon. But Gordon will get volume, so eventually Kizer has to connect with him for a long TD right?

Let's say Gordon hits his expected numbers (expected numbers for non-believers, of course) and goes something like 7/90/1 for the remainder of the season each game.

Realistically, where do you think his ADP will fall? I'm looking to draft Gordon next year and again, if he were to hit those numbers, I would think maybe around rounds 2-3 (depending on if you have fellow believers in your league).

Edited by phizzics
Profanity removed.

18 minutes ago, mvttchew said:

Let's say Gordon hits his expected numbers (expected numbers for non-believers, of course) and goes something like 7/90/1 for the remainder of the season each game.

Realistically, where do you think his ADP will fall? I'm looking to draft Gordon next year and again, if he were to hit those numbers, I would think maybe around rounds 2-3 (depending on if you have fellow believers in your league).

The hype machine will be strong and given the how poorly stud wrs performed this year I can see him going 2nd round easy. AB-hopkins then a grab bag of who would be next up to fill in the 3-7 wr spots

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, mvttchew said:

4 minutes ago, dashoe said:

The hype machine will be strong and given the how poorly stud wrs performed this year I can see him going 2nd round easy. AB-hopkins then a grab bag of who would be next up to fill in the 3-7 wr spots

I agree with this. Right now as of December 4th, I would say round 2 easily next year. That late 1st round/early second round pick is what I'm seeing. As long as he stays clean and remains committed in the off-season and Cleveland continues to make the upgrades necessary on offense, the sky is the limit.

2 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

I agree with this. Right now as of December 4th, I would say round 2 easily next year. That late 1st round/early second round pick is what I'm seeing. As long as he stays clean and remains committed in the off-season and Cleveland continues to make the upgrades necessary on offense, the sky is the limit.

There are going to be so many QB developments in the offseason that will affect wr values. Kizer doubt he keeps the starting job. Cousins-Eli-Deshaun-jamesis-rodgers-Vikings QB-Tyrod-Luck-Miami-Goff and Wentz  leveling up -cardinals-Bortles?

Imagine if browns traded Josh or brought in a seasoned vet with a big arm?

59 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Great info.  Definitely looking forward to closing out the season with Flash in my lineup.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

There are going to be so many QB developments in the offseason that will affect wr values. Kizer doubt he keeps the starting job. Cousins-Eli-Deshaun-jamesis-rodgers-Vikings QB-Tyrod-Luck-Miami-Goff and Wentz  leveling up -cardinals-Bortles?

I think I’d almost prefer a better QB to a whole new team.  I like that he is the focal point of this offense, still has enough talent around him, and won’t have to learn a new system.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Good points but I think Gordon's value is fluid as long as he stays in Cleveland under this regime. He has proven that he can produce with different QBs so I wouldn't worry about the QB situation as much with Cleveland. Now, Gordon being traded could be scary and could be a cause for concern with a new coach and system. Now, if they get a different legitimate QB that only enhances his value even more.

As for other QBs changing the market for WRs...most of the teams that need a QB upgrade are teams like Jax, Buffalo, Washington (If Cousins leaves), Jets and Miami. None of those teams has a receiver that could challenge Gordon in value even in the best case QB scenario. Hopkins and Evans get a bump back to elite with healthy QBs.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Good points but I think Gordon's value is fluid as long as he stays in Cleveland under this regime. He has proven that he can produce with different QBs so I wouldn't worry about the QB situation as much with Cleveland. Now, Gordon being traded could be scary with a new coach and system. Now, if they get a different legitimate QB that only enhances his value even more.

As for other QBs changing the market for WRs...most of the teams that need a QB upgrade are teams like Jax, Buffalo, Washington (If Cousins leaves), Jets and Miami. None of those teams has a receiver that could challenge Gordon in value even in the best case QB scenario. Hopkins and Evans get a bump back to elite with healthy QBs.

Now, stop saying now. And stop over analyzing.

8 minutes ago, phizzics said:

I haven't seen this mentioned, but isn't Gordon a FA next year?

2018 Josh becomes a ERFA:

Exclusive Rights Free Agent (ERFA). Such a player has no more than two accrued seasons in the NFL and may only sign with his prior team, provided, of course, that the team extends a minimum qualifying offer to the player.

Per NFL rules, the Browns can tag Gordon as an Exclusive Rights Free Agent (ERFA) in 2018. This designation applies to players who have less than three accrued seasons in the NFL and could be around $790,000 for a one-year deal, per Joel Corry of CBS Sports. If the Browns make an offer to an ERFA, no other team would be able to sign the player.

Assuming that Gordon plays in 2018, then he would be set to be a Restricted Free Agent (RFA) in 2019. The Browns could try to work a long-term deal out with Gordon, but let’s say that Gordon kind of wants to get to free agency as soon as possible. At the same time, if the Browns don’t want to risk losing Gordon (especially with no compensation) just yet, they would slap a 1st- or 2nd-round tender on him. The numbers will jump by 2019, but a 1st-round tender seems likely, which could be a 1-year deal around $5 million. If no team coughs up a first round pick for Gordon, he’d stay with the Browns through 2019.

Then, finally, Gordon would be an unrestricted free agent in 2020 — eight years after he was first drafted!

• Like 2