ponza88

Josh Gordon 2017 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, dschddny said:

Ummm, 10% chance of snow/rain means there's a 90% chance that it's NOT going to snow or rain!

Yeah, I am not too concerned about the weather. I mean, if you are looking at two guys and are 50/50 on who to choose, pick the guy in better weather. But a little snow is not enough for me to bench Gordon for lesser options. And it only takes a defender losing his footing once for Josh to make your day. Good luck pressing, bumping this guy without good footing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me or are the WR3 types clustered tighter than usual this week?  Or maybe it's just the finals stress.  I've got Gordon, Shepard, and Diggs and they all seem like a coin flip.  After the top 15ish guys I don't see any firm hierarchy.  It seems like everyone either has matchup (Shepard, Goodwin), QB (anyone from GB, Gordon), or injury concerns (Allen) in that WR 3 range.  Gonna be an interesting week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Baur10 said:

Is it just me or are the WR3 types clustered tighter than usual this week?  Or maybe it's just the finals stress.  I've got Gordon, Shepard, and Diggs and they all seem like a coin flip.  After the top 15ish guys I don't see any firm hierarchy.  It seems like everyone either has matchup (Shepard, Goodwin), QB (anyone from GB, Gordon), or injury concerns (Allen) in that WR 3 range.  Gonna be an interesting week.

 

 

They are all in the same tier for me  so ur eather picking hr eone withe the relaible floor or teh highest upside to produce wr1 numbers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2017 at 10:17 AM, dschddny said:

Ummm, 10% chance of snow/rain means there's a 90% chance that it's NOT going to snow or rain!

This. And even if it does snow, I doubt it will be significant enough to make a difference. I mean, they were still throwing and catching in the ridiculous snow at the Buffalo game a couple weeks ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pancake$tacks said:

This. And even if it does snow, I doubt it will be significant enough to make a difference. I mean, they were still throwing and catching in the ridiculous snow at the Buffalo game a couple weeks ago. 

What kind of logic is this. They threw like 15 passes combined. Is that what you wana rely on 

 

3 kizer targets in the snow in an already tough matchup. Lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems to be some dysfunction going on in CLE. Do the players take it upon themselves to make some plays and get a W or keep playing bad and get this coach fired. Or it doesn’t mean anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Seems to be some dysfunction going on in CLE. Do the players take it upon themselves to make some plays and get a W or keep playing bad and get this coach fired. Or it doesn’t mean anything

This happened in Houston after their idiot owner made the comments about the inmates (i.e. football players) running the asylum and they went out and put up huge numbers in a competitive game. JG should be fine regardless of Hue Jackson. He's just happy to be back playing football. good luck in championship week.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, webster slaughter said:

Just read, from Hue Jackson, that Gordon gets double covered 60% of the time. Kizer + Sleet + 60% double coverage... yeah I'm out this week.

Sleet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need a miracle and to swing for the fences so Josh Gordon it is.

 

If the weather is just absolutely horrible I'll consider benching him but this is the time for him to shine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HTXMade said:

Now it seems that there’s a 30% chance of snow.  May have to bench Josh

 

But...doesnt that mean that it's a 70% chance of no snow.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just south of Chicago and it has been snowing heavy all morning.  Hopefully it wont matter that much, I think Kieser played at ND so hopefully he can handle it.  Picked up Keelan Cole (yikes) in case I change my mind last minute.  Concerned Bears will just run the ball (and clock) all afternoon 

Edited by Jordan23
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's there to lose? He has a high ceiling because he's clearly still Josh Gordon and he has a low floor because Kizer. It's 50/50. YOLO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Abandoning ship.  

 

I don't like Hyde's match up necessarily (JAX), but the prospects of a monster game from Gordon to offset his risky floor seems to have evaporated with the weather.

 

Good luck to all those who are riding the train all the way to the station.

 

Edited by Rolling Thunder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I'm gonna go for it, they have nobody else they can throw to really.

Edited by MrPositive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

having learned my lesson with the Ravens def playing in the rain yesterday, if it is snowing I will have to sit Josh and play. .  .it  hurts. . Golden Tate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dashoe said:

having learned my lesson with the Ravens def playing in the rain yesterday, if it is snowing I will have to sit Josh and play. .  .it  hurts. . Golden Tate

Oh it's snowing

http://abc7chicago.com/weather/cams/

 

Edited by Jordan23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How the mighty have fallen. 

 

Four weeks ago Josh was the Ship ... now we are benching him. lol

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.