Sign in to follow this  
19cbb

Help - Last Keeper

Hi guys, need some help here...

3 Keepers

12 Team H2H Mixed 

$260 Budget

Some things changed since I posted back in January... 

Ended up trading for these guys who per league rules I must keep after offseason transactions:

Xander Bogaerts ($23)

Jonathan Villar ($5)

Now I need to pick one from this group:

Joey Votto ($25)

Kendrys Morales ($4)

Most of the big bats (Trout, Arenado, Goldy, etc) are going back into the players pool, so I'm thinking of going with Morales and saving $21 more to my buying power.

Any ideas? 

Keep XBog from the first list, and Votto from the last. Also who are you're other keepers? 

I must keep, per league rules, both Bogaerts ($23) and Villar ($5)

Question is, should I keep Votto ($25) or Morales ($4) and save $21 for draft day?

Quick question....does Morales have 1B eligibility in your league?  If so, I think I would seriously consider keeping him over Votto for $25.

The $25 value on Votto is going to be about the going rate (or slightly below) what he's going for on average.  If Morales is a U only player for you...then Votto may be the call...but I still think Morales is worthy of serious consideration at $4.  I know I'm keeping him at $1 in a 5x5 weekly league.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damn Yankee said:

Quick question....does Morales have 1B eligibility in your league?  If so, I think I would seriously consider keeping him over Votto for $25.

The $25 value on Votto is going to be about the going rate (or slightly below) what he's going for on average.  If Morales is a U only player for you...then Votto may be the call...but I still think Morales is worthy of serious consideration at $4.  I know I'm keeping him at $1 in a 5x5 weekly league.  

Yes, Yahoo has Morales eligible as 1B and OF. 

Morales but plan on where to spend that extra $25.   When the auction is over you want to look at your roster and say, "Yep, morales + X expensive player sure looks better than Votto + Y cheaper player would have looked."

If you don't feel that way after the auction, then you made some mistakes along the way.

• Like 2