FlashGordon401

T.Y. Hilton 2017 Season Outlook

2 minutes ago, jimithing11 said:

Good point. He's my WR2, but my other options (Bryant, Hogan) aren't lighting it up either, so kind of have to hope for the best at this point. 

I look at it this way....Hilton led the league in receiving last year and was probably an early second round pick before all the Luck drama happened. If Luck misses 4 games, it's almost like grabbing an elite WR in rounds 2/3 knowing he will be suspended for 4 games, then getting him at full go for next 12 weeks. That's how I view it.

Got to be somebody better on the waiver wire than Hilton. They were getting creamed from the start and he still only walks away with 7 targets for 57 yards.....playing the Cardinals next week. No thanks.

1 hour ago, Szer0 said:

O.K?

LOL? so Julio Jones owners should panic and sell him for like TY Hilton? great going week 1

Huh? Where did anyone write that "Julio Jones owners should panic and sell"?

24 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

Got to be somebody better on the waiver wire than Hilton.

I really hope there a lot of people in my leagues who think like you. I would love to get Hilton on the cheap.

1 minute ago, KennyWoo said:

I really hope there a lot of people in my leagues who think like you. I would love to get Hilton on the cheap.

I didn't say I would drop him....he's a bench stash until Luck comes back.

My point was that there is waiver wire talent that would be a better fill in then him next week.

3 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

If Brissett is under center does it give TY an upgrade?

Yes, I think so. And I think TY goes from the bench (with Tolzien) to the field, at least if you don't have another alternative. TY's a great talent, and it looks like the Colts are becoming a variation of the Jets: they will always be playing from behind, forced to toss it up. A lot. I like Brissett, and because of his feet would even consider starting him in two-QB leagues, if need be. I'm starting TY in the Flex this week over Brandon Marshall. I love Marshall, but after last week's clusterf%*#, I'm wondering if the Giants' D will put up more points than Eli this week.

Anyone worried about Peterson following him around? It seemed like the Rams had 2 guys on him the entire game last week.

22 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Anyone worried about Peterson following him around? It seemed like the Rams had 2 guys on him the entire game last week.

It feels like sacrilege saying this but Peterson may be losing a step. Not a great game for him last week and 2016 he looked to be slipping. I do still think he could get bracket coverage though, which in addition to PP clearly limits his upside. 

For those of you optimistic about Brissett, I had a first-hand view of this guy for his four years at NC State. I'm honestly surprised he has made it this far, and wonder if part of his glow isn't just the Patriots effect. He has some mobility but won't blow you away there, career 60% completion rate...he is pretty ho-hum. Anyone is better than Tolzien and I hope he succeeds, but I don't feel any better about starting TY this week than I did last week. I might need a show me game before inserting him back into the lineup, but it all depends as always on what your other options are. I consider him at best right now a boom-bust WR3/flex. 

1 hour ago, AnchorDown said:

It feels like sacrilege saying this but Peterson may be losing a step. Not a great game for him last week and 2016 he looked to be slipping. I do still think he could get bracket coverage though, which in addition to PP clearly limits his upside. 

For those of you optimistic about Brissett, I had a first-hand view of this guy for his four years at NC State. I'm honestly surprised he has made it this far, and wonder if part of his glow isn't just the Patriots effect. He has some mobility but won't blow you away there, career 60% completion rate...he is pretty ho-hum. Anyone is better than Tolzien and I hope he succeeds, but I don't feel any better about starting TY this week than I did last week. I might need a show me game before inserting him back into the lineup, but it all depends as always on what your other options are. I consider him at best right now a boom-bust WR3/flex. 

Thanks for the insight on Brissett. The only thing that may be a saving grace for TY is it seems Brissett has the willingness and the ability to throw the ball deep, something Tolzien does not have. 

Honestly, I'm starting to sweat a bit regarding TY hearing all this talk about Luck likely being out another month at least, if not longer. I didn't even really want to draft him but he fell to the fourth and I felt I couldn't pass that up... but now I'm starting to regret it. Hilton is so pedestrian without Luck, and his trade value is at it's nadir, so no choice but to ride it out. Here's hoping Brissett can hook up with him on some deep balls. 

25 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Who are some of the lowest tier WRs owners would trade him for right now?

I wouldn't even consider trading him. His value is at an all time low. If you drafted him you had to know going in that Luck being out several weeks--and thus Hilton being significantly less valuable--was a real possibility. So far this is going pretty much exactly as I expected when Hilton fell to me in the draft. Talk to me again in week 6 or 8 if Luck isn't back and maybe I'll feel differently. 

8 minutes ago, AnchorDown said:

I wouldn't even consider trading him. His value is at an all time low. If you drafted him you had to know going in that Luck being out several weeks--and thus Hilton being significantly less valuable--was a real possibility. So far this is going pretty much exactly as I expected when Hilton fell to me in the draft. Talk to me again in week 6 or 8 if Luck isn't back and maybe I'll feel differently. 

The DJ owner offered him to me for Diggs bc he feels like he can't wait around.  I'm considering taking it but I'm just not all that confident Luck is gonna be right.

1 hour ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Who are some of the lowest tier WRs owners would trade him for right now?

I think a TY Hilton and Golden Tate trade would be pretty reasonable.  Hilton imo has the higher ceiling and Tate the higher floor.

16 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

The DJ owner offered him to me for Diggs bc he feels like he can't wait around.  I'm considering taking it but I'm just not all that confident Luck is gonna be right.

If someone offered me Diggs for Hilton I would take it, but I'm also high on Diggs as a breakout this year.

6 hours ago, Steelers0087 said:

So Hilton has a better QB throwing him the ball today. We starting him?

I'm gonna fire him up. Everyone is betting on Indi - they're getting 7 points (!) so something has to go right today. 

Luck out again and seems he's not practicing any time soon. Best case is Luck gets back maybe 5 weeks from now. So we're basically looking at HALF the season with TY on the bench because he's not startable now. Brutal. Can't believe we all wasted a pick.