elite

Le'Veon Bell 2017 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

Can't blame one of the best players in football for asking to be paid. About the only problem I have with this is the timing. Save these comments for the off-season and don't be a distraction for your team during the playoffs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dashoe said:

 

yeah times may be changing but evidently the way teams are valuing players seems to be very consistent position wise. So should get is irrelevant if the mkt is unwilling to reprice the position

 

That's his whole point.  He wants to change the market value for players like himself. 

 

”I don’t necessarily care about the money aspect of it. I just want to be valued where I’m at. If I am playing this game, I want to set standards for all the other running backs behind me, like Todd Gurley and Ezekiel Elliott, Melvin Gordon, guys like that. I’m a guy they can kind of look at. I feel I can do that. I’m in a position where I can do that, and I’m going to do it.”

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Can't blame one of the best players in football for asking to be paid. About the only problem I have with this is the timing. Save these comments for the off-season and don't be a distraction for your team during the playoffs.

 

Agreed about the timing aspect but reporters are savvy enough to know where the story is. This won't be the last we hear of this if they make Super Bowl.

 

At the end of the day, for his talent, workload and production, he should be paid. Point blank with the period at the end.

Edited by nonstopfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

 

That's his whole point.  He wants to change the market value for players like himself. 

 

”I don’t necessarily care about the money aspect of it. I just want to be valued where I’m at. If I am playing this game, I want to set standards for all the other running backs behind me, like Todd Gurley and Ezekiel Elliott, Melvin Gordon, guys like that. I’m a guy they can kind of look at. I feel I can do that. I’m in a position where I can do that, and I’m going to do it.”

 

 

 

Unfortunately that's not going to happen.  If anyone deserves it its him but most owners, especially the Rooneys are not going to overpay a RB.  There is to much risk at the position and they are to easily replaced.  The Lers already have Conner lined up if Bell decides to sit, they hedged his attitude last year.

 

RB is the easiest position to replace on offense, a team doesn't need a "stud" to be successful or win a SB.  Look at the Patriots, plug and play.

Edited by Flynfiesta6
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to be the 1st to call it, this guy is a 49er next season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

 

Unfortunately that's not going to happen.  If anyone deserves it its him but most owners, especially the Rooneys are not going to overpay a RB.  There is to much risk at the position and they are to easily replaced.  The Lers already have Conner lined up if Bell decides to sit, they hedged his attitude last year.

 

RB is the easiest position to replace on offense, a team doesn't need a "stud" to be successful or win a SB.  Look at the Patriots, plug and play.

 

While I agree for the most part that RBs are easily replaced, there are a few in the league that are worth paying paying top dollar for and are irreplaceable.  Look what happened to Dallas once Zeke was suspended. I mean Tavon Austin and Allen Hurns both got 4yr 40 million contracts.  Receivers are routinely getting over 10 mill, when backs who are effective in the passing game and running game are barely reaching 8 million.

I can understand Bell's frustration with the franchise tag since the top salaries of the backs are so low.

This may be a case like Jimmy Graham, when a player kind of breaks the mold of his position.  And it might end up the same way with him either getting traded or released.

But I think he's right.  He should get paid his worth and not just what other top backs are getting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RustyMiller said:

 

That's his whole point.  He wants to change the market value for players like himself. 

 

”I don’t necessarily care about the money aspect of it. I just want to be valued where I’m at. If I am playing this game, I want to set standards for all the other running backs behind me, like Todd Gurley and Ezekiel Elliott, Melvin Gordon, guys like that. I’m a guy they can kind of look at. I feel I can do that. I’m in a position where I can do that, and I’m going to do it.”

 

 

 

 

he is talking out of the side of his mouth because it is about the money. His point is irrelevant because he is not in a position to change the current pay structure and the fact is he proved ownership that he is not committed to defend his point because he showed up on day 1 and collected his check of what he believed to be unfair compensation. He shouldnt  play and collect a check if he doesnt believe he is getting what he is worth. All he is saying is a bunch of words and sentiments since he was franchised but no meaningful action. 

Edited by dashoe
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my favorite players ever as a Steeler fan, but honestly not sure what he really wants. He is already making way more than any other RB and we offered him a great deal already and he turned it down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:10 PM, RMJ_12 said:

I want to be the 1st to call it, this guy is a 49er next season.

 

PLEASE BE RIGHT, PLEASE BE RIGHT, PLEASE BE RIGHT!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2018 at 7:10 PM, RMJ_12 said:

I want to be the 1st to call it, this guy is a 49er next season.

 

Crazy thing is the Pitt mgmt has a history of letting a star player walk away if he doesnt take the contract offered. they never look back or regret it, they just groom the next man up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now