Sign in to follow this  
jnormy

Dynasty: Butler/Monroe for Ingram/Embiid? Will help you 2

jnormy    286

16-team H2H dynasty league, currently in 3rd place but feel I need to power up a bit to match the top 2. Guy near the bottom of the standings offered me:

His Jimmy Butler and Greg Monroe for my Brandon Ingram and Joel Embiid

I love Embiid as a dynasty piece, and while Ingram has struggled with his shot, he's still got a ton of upside once he develops more. But I'm all about competing to win in the here and now if I can. Does bringing in stud Butler and solid Monroe make me better for the rest of this year?

My roster: Bledsoe, Giannis, Gobert, Vucevic, Horford, Draymond, Belinelli, Mills, Rivers, Roberson, Oubre, Ingram, Embiid. I could definitely use the scoring boost, and I'm pretty deep up front with Gobert, Vuc, Horford, and Dray who's PF-eligible. I'm a little nervous about the upcoming trade deadline with Butler and Monroe though. And the guys I'd be giving up are both good dynasty pieces, although Ingram's slow-developing this year and The Process is an ongoing injury risk, although he's one of my favorite players right now in the NBA.

Thoughts on Butler/Monroe for Ingram/Embiid? Thanks!

Edited by jnormy

jnormy    286
12 minutes ago, Basketboss21 said:

well obviously it does ;)

So you're saying make the trade, even in a dynasty? Thanks.

tifaes    27

Never played a dynasty before, so i'm not too sure about this. This being said, i think i'd make the trade. Youre team is already pretty good for the coming years (with giannis etc) and butler will remain a beast for many years to come. I love embiid as much as the next guy, but his health scares me a bit going forward. I think butler is the safe bet here, and if monroe gets traded of Kidd gets fired, he will have some value also and he's not that old yet also.

So, if it were me, i'd do the trade and be better this year and probably also the next 3-4 years at the least. Just my two cents.

Edited by tifaes

Basketboss21    202
25 minutes ago, jnormy said:

So you're saying make the trade, even in a dynasty? Thanks.

I answered your question: "Does bringing in stud Butler and solid Monroe make me better for the rest of this year? "

jnormy    286
9 minutes ago, Basketboss21 said:

I answered your question: "Does bringing in stud Butler and solid Monroe make me better for the rest of this year? "

Gotcha. Guess I should've rephrased that to, "Is getting better the rest of this year worth giving up two valuable dynasty pieces?" Appreciate the response, thanks again.

willkoo    34

Nah I wouldn't give em up. I love embiid but he sees like a giraffe. His legs are always having problems and his career just started. He's amazing and I think he would be worth late first to early second round value if it wasn't for those dnps and no b2b. Help with mine please 

jnormy    286
2 minutes ago, willkoo said:

Nah I wouldn't give em up. I love embiid but he sees like a giraffe. His legs are always having problems and his career just started. He's amazing and I think he would be worth late first to early second round value if it wasn't for those dnps and no b2b. Help with mine please 

I'll def. answer yours, but not sure I understand your response to mine. You said you wouldn't give up Embiid and Ingram, but then seemed to make a case for why I shouldn't keep Embiid. Could you clarify please? Embiid/Ingram or Butler/Monroe? 

willkoo    34

Oh I meant I wouldn't want embiid. What good is a player if he's always injured yah kno? And what I meant was that if he didn't get injured frequently or philly makin him sit back to backs then I would definitely keep embiid/Ingram. But to be more detailed I don't like Ingram at all. He has all the chances in the world this year and he's still not putting it together. I haven't even really saw a glimmer of hope from him. Usually if a player is given a chance and in this case plenty of chances, u could spot it. And also ingrams shot is broken, maybe if he worked real hard on his jumper in the summer, he could improve. But I see him as a really poor Otto with a broken shot

ak427    183

I've never done dynasty, but I'd make the trade. Jimmy is a young stud and Monroe is solid. I'm not high on Ingram, and Embiid's injury issues would both frustrate and scare the hell out of me. I'd do it 

Trade Monster    313

It's not a terrible trade. As a Bulls fan, Butler won't be going anywhere unless we get Boston's Brooklyn's picks for the next 2 years. In other words, he is staying put, just remember, he is 27 I believe. As far as Monroe goes, he needs a change of team or coach. He can be real good. Not sure his age, but could be a decent asset for at least the next 3 years. 

Now I love Embid, but his injuries scare me more than AD's. He is a shutdown candidate as long as the 76ers are not in the p.o. hunt.      Cont...

Trade Monster    313

As far as Ingram goes, I'm not a fan imo. Yes he is young, but I would just be frustrated with him. Maybe I'm wrong.  

I would do this trade on 1 condition. Can you definitely beat the other teams if you did? Will it put you up on top of the others by a,significant margin.

If you do it, don't worry.  You have plenty of young studs to get you for years to come. And if you win this year, you can trade Butler for similar package in 2 years.

If u want to win this year I'd do it.  Butler is still young and embiid might be the next Greg oden even though he's putting up monster numbers when he plays.  I'm not too high on ingram ROS or in dynasty.  Feels like the lakers might make a run for PG13 over the summer if the pacers don't do well post season which might inhibit ingrams growth

Mookie84    2

This trade won't necessarily make you better now but it will in the future. I get Jimmy is Jimmy but I feel Embiid is a must have and he may compete for the valuation of Jimmy next year. So if we cancel those two out lets look at the next level of the trade. Ingram will be better than Monroe once he develops. I would personally make this move.

Please help, link below.