Slamsox27

Last Keeper help....whir

Slamsox27    4

I'm in a 7x7 H2H 12 team keeper, we start the typical hitting lineup along with 5SP and 5RP.  We keep 10 players.

Assuming I can't make a deal to upgrade keepers which ten among the following would you keep.

Here are my keepers.  Really debating if I roll the dice and hope Sano cuts down on the K's and improves his BA or keep Lucroy at C?

2B Jose Altuve

SS Francisco Lindor

2B/SS/3B Jonathan Villar

OF Charlie Blackmon

OF JD Martinez

OF Starling Marte

SP Jake Arrieta

SP Madison Bumgarner

RP Aroldis Chapman (since we start 5 rp, I think his value goes up as a keeper who can help in multiple pitching categories).

any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

• Like 1

Dark Kn19ht    189

Are there any catchers that you think will be available? Sanchez? Contreras? Gattis?

I'm not a big believer of Sano figuring it out, but I'm not high on keeping any catchers (unless its posey or sanchez). If you think there is a solid chance of getting a decent catcher then keep the higher upside guy in Sano and try to get that C slot filled through the draft. If you know Lucroy is the best you'll have then keep him. 

Slamsox27    4

thanks for the response.  We have a minor league farm system (less than 400ab) so all of the top prospects are gone.  Lucroy will certainly be the best available in the draft.

I keep going back and forth between the two.

89Topps    1,181

I'm not big on keeping catchers, nor am I big on positional scarcity drafting.  But, in this case, Lucroy is likely quite a bit superior than whomever you're going to replace him with and 3B is so deep, Sano is borderline startable in a 12 team league.  I assume you could dump Sano and replace him with a Justin Turner or Maikel Franco type guy and be no worse for wear.

Rush2112    1,860

Keep LuCroy, then deal Arrieta/Bum/Chapman for three elite bats. You can get just about anyone for them. 

TheBoatmen    235
1 hour ago, Rush2112 said:

Keep LuCroy, then deal Arrieta/Bum/Chapman for three elite bats. You can get just about anyone for them. 

Why can you get anybody for them....because they are valuable?  You can say it, come on.

Slamsox27    4
1 hour ago, Rush2112 said:

Not sure as to why I'd trade my 3 pitchers?  My only need would be 1B along with the rest of my pitching staff.  I'm assuming I'm missing the sarcasm or something.

RHooper    2
17 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Yea, I wouldnt do that at all. He has enough elite bats. Why give up the elite pitching?

Magoo    59
On 2/17/2017 at 8:16 AM, Slamsox27 said:

I'm in a 7x7 H2H 12 team keeper, we start the typical hitting lineup along with 5SP and 5RP.  We keep 10 players.

Assuming I can't make a deal to upgrade keepers which ten among the following would you keep.

Here are my keepers.  Really debating if I roll the dice and hope Sano cuts down on the K's and improves his BA or keep Lucroy at C?

2B Jose Altuve

SS Francisco Lindor

2B/SS/3B Jonathan Villar

OF Charlie Blackmon

OF JD Martinez

OF Starling Marte

SP Jake Arrieta

SP Madison Bumgarner

RP Aroldis Chapman (since we start 5 rp, I think his value goes up as a keeper who can help in multiple pitching categories).

any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

If one of those 7 hitting categories is OBP then definitely Sano.  The only thing your team is light on is power.  

Slamsox27    4
12 minutes ago, Magoo said:

If one of those 7 hitting categories is OBP then definitely Sano.  The only thing your team is light on is power.  

not sure with his high k rate his OBP would be any better than Lucroys.  Better power for sure but takes a dip in BA and RBI.

didnt mention this but I've got Schwarber in my minors (still under 400ab) so I will have his power at the UTL and Villar will play 3B.  If I keep Sano, someone will have to sit and I'll need to draft a C.

jfazz23    902
23 minutes ago, RHooper said:

Yea, I wouldnt do that at all. He has enough elite bats. Why give up the elite pitching?

you must be new here.  Rush is a troll and its best to ignore him

Magoo    59
Just now, Slamsox27 said:

not sure with his high k rate his OBP would be any better than Lucroys.  Better power for sure but takes a dip in BA and RBI.

didnt mention this but I've got Schwarber in my minors (still under 400ab) so I will have his power at the UTL and Villar will play 3B.  If I keep Sano, someone will have to sit and I'll need to draft a C.

His K rate doesn't really influence his OBP enough to be a concern there imho. 

If Sano hits between .240-250 he's already close in OBP to Lucroy.  It's a keeper league.  Always invest in guys with top 20 potential.  

I don't think filling C is that important in a HTH league with extra categories.  

• Like 1

svdude    108
17 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

you must be new here.  Rush is a troll and its best to ignore him

And the site has a great feature that allows you to ignore certain users so you don't have to see their posts.  Highly recommend using it.

• Like 1