Ben Edelman

Ian Anderson - SP ATL

pure speculation here but he did take the hill saturday which could line him up for a possible spot start @Chc this thursday

Wander Franco has 0 Ks in 9 games in High A

Ian Anderson struck him out in the first PA of the bottom of the first.

• Like 2

While it is still doubtful he is up any time this year, the guys ahead of him have been doing their best to crap the bed and leave the door ever so slightly ajar.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 4catztoomany said:

He's gotta be near the top of the wish list of any team the Braves want to trade with.

He's untouchable in any trade offers. Pache as well, but I worried about the Braves complacency in not moving a couple of their young SP's to fill huge holes... and as expected, the stars are no longer burning as bright. Tuki, Nuke, Wright, Wilson, Gohara, Allard... EACH and every one of those kids could have fetched a handsome return if AA and the brass had timed it right to make a move. Unfortunately, while they all still have varying degrees of desirability, the current returns would be diminished due to lackluster performances this year. That fact alone, makes Anderson (who's on fire but still has some BB concerns) a no brainer to remain w/ the Braves. Period.  

ATL knows these kids better than scouting organizations, and knows they can't count on 2/3's of the listed players to become foundational rotation guys like they'd once hoped. Like the stock market, top GM's know when to make deals. AA, considering the talent on offense, has failed mightily IMHO to move a few SP's that are so desirable in the current wasteland of available MLB pitchers. The glaring issues @ the back of the rotation along w/ the BP's nightly fiascos, the lack of a true closer... are inexcusable when you have the ammo to fix them instantly, AND STILL have one of the most stacked MiLB systems in baseball. Braves could win it all, start a damn dynasty... yet they continue to think and behave like a small/mid market team and disappoint the fanbase who deserves better. SMH. :(

Edited by LarryChip10

1 hour ago, LarryChip10 said:

He's untouchable in any trade offers. Pache as well, but I worried about the Braves complacency in not moving a couple of their young SP's to fill huge holes... and as expected, the stars are no longer burning as bright. Tuki, Nuke, Wright, Wilson, Gohara, Allard... EACH and every one of those kids could have fetched a handsome return if AA and the brass had timed it right to make a move. Unfortunately, while they all still have varying degrees of desirability, the current returns would be diminished due to lackluster performances this year. That fact alone, makes Anderson (who's on fire but still has some BB concerns) a no brainer to remain w/ the Braves. Period.  

ATL knows these kids better than scouting organizations, and knows they can't count on 2/3's of the listed players to become foundational rotation guys like they'd once hoped. Like the stock market, top GM's know when to make deals. AA, considering the talent on offense, has failed mightily IMHO to move a few SP's that are so desirable in the current wasteland of available MLB pitchers. The glaring issues @ the back of the rotation along w/ the BP's nightly fiascos, the lack of a true closer... are inexcusable when you have the ammo to fix them instantly, AND STILL have one of the most stacked MiLB systems in baseball. Braves could win it all, start a damn dynasty... yet they continue to think and behave like a small/mid market team and disappoint the fanbase who deserves better. SMH. :(

Some might consider it crazy, but I have to agree with you for the most part, and I would actually move Anderson.  Not saying he's not eventually going to figure it out, and you can't discount the K's completely, but his command has been awful as a whole throughout his minor league career.

His eye-popping K totals would likely allow the Braves to get quite a return, but I have a hard time getting all excited about pitchers like Anderson who walk people left and right.  44 BB in basically 100 innings is pretty bad, and it goes to show he hasn't made any strides in that area since debuting in 2016.

• Like 1

Anderson has the same problems as the other guys mentioned. All those Braves prospects are wild w/ high K totals. (Like you, I would trade Anderson...) I just don't think ATL will. He has been excellent of late w/ eye popping K totals, I'd like to see him up and see what we have, but if he's somehow traded... NOW or never! His stock is sky high, one of the top SP prospects around. He'd fetch a kings ransom. 

• Like 1

looks like they may be willing to move Ian.  If they do I sure hope its to a NL team as I have him in a NL dynasty league

R.J. Anderson of CBS Sports reports that the Braves are willing to include RHP prospect Ian Anderson in trade discussions.

Anderson is one of the top pitching prospects in baseball, but because the Braves have so many talented young hurlers, it appears that Atlanta is willing to at least discuss moving the 21-year-old in the right deal. The 2016 first-round pick has fanned 129 hitters in 99 2/3 innings with Double-A Mississippi, and he owns a 2.80 ERA in that time frame. Put simply, this could put the Braves over the top in trade discussions, as there aren't many arms -- or bats -- that would better or equal this compensation.

SOURCE: CBS Sports
Jul 23, 2019, 11:01 AM ET

As a Braves an, I really hope Anderson stays put.  Another dominant outing last night, 6IP 6 hits, 2er, 1bb and 9 ks.  He's now leading MiLB in strikeouts.  Over his last 11 starts (minus a shortened start before the futures game) he hs 69 2/3 IP with 95 strikeouts to just 19 walks. This kid has found another gear and it has stuck.  With the trade of Allard, I hope they move him to AAA.