JenksDodger

Kyle Tucker, OF HOU

He's ready without a doubt.  

GMs loath replacing a veteran with a rookie unless it is due to injury or atrocious play.  Astros do not have that issue right now.  Reddick has been bad not embarrassing and is coming off a good season.  Kemp has been good.

I am sure Luhnow knows Tucker is the best option in one of the outfield spots.  I predict Tucker is recalled before the all star break due to an injury.

7 hours ago, B&F said:

He's ready without a doubt.  

GMs loath replacing a veteran with a rookie unless it is due to injury or atrocious play.  Astros do not have that issue right now.  Reddick has been bad not embarrassing and is coming off a good season.  Kemp has been good.

I am sure Luhnow knows Tucker is the best option in one of the outfield spots.  I predict Tucker is recalled before the all star break due to an injury.

The Astros deserve to lose every game that Tucker is not up.  Marwin is a black hole, Marisnick is a black hole, Reddick is a black hole.  Luhnow is a joke.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DemOrioles said:

The Astros deserve to lose every game that Tucker is not up.  Marwin is a black hole, Marisnick is a black hole, Reddick is a black hole.  Luhnow is a joke.

Eesh, why the hostility man? We're talking about guys who hit in the bottom third of the order on a team leading the majors in scoring. Why should they feel like they need to just throw Tucker into the lineup? No, Marwin/Reddick/Marisnick haven't been setting the world on fire, but they also haven't been a huge liability either. 

Marwin is batting .286/.384/.492 the last 28 days. Not bad for a black hole. 

Reddick is batting .348/.380/.348 the last 28. No extra base hits but it's hard to complain when a guy is getting on base at a .380 clip. 

Reddick and Marwin have both been successful in the past. I do fully expect Tucker to be a better ballplayer than either of them ever were or will be, but why bench solid production now for potential production? I love Tucker, but you're acting like he's a shoe-in to be better than what they have now, and that's simply not the case. 

Tucker is going to get his shot soon enough. But they can't bench a competent ballplayer just to give him a shot, not when they are already the best offensive team in the majors. If they were fighting for contention, I could see going for that jolt, but they really don't need to do that right now. Why not wait to see if the offense goes stagnant before a call up. 

Why make changes to a team who is 7-3 their last 10, 16-6 this month. Why in the world would they want to go make a significant change to the team and offense when there is no reason whatsoever? 

Let him get his consistent at bats in the minors. These things have a tendency to work themselves out. 

• Like 6

I am somewhere between last 2 posts (more with @sngehl01). I think Luhnow has done a magnificent job and pushed buttons at the right time--esp in regards to bringing up high end prospects. But...there really isn't a worthy reason to waste Tucker's hot bat right now.  It's old school thinking to not promote due to things running well, there is always ways to improve and keep momentum. Tucker is the exact kind of elite level prospect that makes his OWN timeline. You really think a championship locker room--a younger one at that--is gonna lose it over letting a masher, who has proven he's ready, make his way to the bigs?? No way. It would be easier if there was an injury, but with the DH these other guys can still get a good amount of ab's yet.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I am somewhere between last 2 posts (more with @sngehl01). I think Luhnow has done a magnificent job and pushed buttons at the right time--esp in regards to bringing up high end prospects. But...there really isn't a worthy reason to waste Tucker's hot bat right now.  It's old school thinking to not promote due to things running well, there is always ways to improve and keep momentum. Tucker is the exact kind of elite level prospect that makes his OWN timeline. You really think a championship locker room--a younger one at that--is gonna lose it over letting a masher, who has proven he's ready, make his way to the bigs?? No way. It would be easier if there was an injury, but with the DH these other guys can still get a good amount of ab's yet.

My only beef is we don't know how well he hits in the majors. I don't think he should be coming up until it's to stay. I don't think Houston can write off Reddick or Marwin right now. Bregman came up and played like dooty, and he lit the majors on fire. Difference there was there wasn't a feasible option to go to during that stretch. 

Not that I love the guy, but Kemp has been great in his showing in the majors this year also. 

Yeah, he's been mashing, but no harm in waiting it out more. 

He should be called up right now, just wasting away in AAA. Not gonna say black hole but being so-so isn't gonna cut it. The mediocre vets can platoon DH and LF.

Correa, Altuve, Springer and Bregman are all under 30 and want to continue building this legacy, they'll welcome Tucker with open arms

13 minutes ago, Ecofolux said:

He should be called up right now, just wasting away in AAA. Not gonna say black hole but being so-so isn't gonna cut it. The mediocre vets can platoon DH and LF.

Correa, Altuve, Springer and Bregman are all under 30 and want to continue building this legacy, they'll welcome Tucker with open arms

I'm sure they will, but he's not wasting away. Again, the need isn't high. The people who are paid to make these decisions have a good track record so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt, as much as I'd like to see Tucker up today. 

• Like 3

What are they waiting for? I never understand why competitive organizations play the waiting game with their proven prospects. Look at Soto, just bring them up if your trying to win. I look at it as you either have it or you don't. If a guy comes up and can't seize the moment like a stud like Soto has shown then he isn't the "guy". I know the stros know what they are doing but it's frustrating seeing prospects get babied. 

10 hours ago, Steelers72 said:

He is batting .508 the past 14 games. What more do you have to do

Bat .600?

Lunhow has to seeing what Juan Soto is doing and thinking Tucker can provide the same impact. 

Although circumstances in WAS were a little different with the number of injuries they had.  

They will want him starting in the playoffs so give him a few months to acclimate himself to MLB pitching.  

This was tweeted before last night's game (1-for-5, 1 HR, 1 RBI, 1 K)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, JimmyJohnIII said:

Does Correa going to the DL affect his call-up at all? 

To an extent absolutely.  One less impact bat in the lineup.  It needs to be replaced.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JimmyJohnIII said:

Does Correa going to the DL affect his call-up at all? 

Seems like a perfect opportunity to give him a shot but it looks like JD Davis is getting the call.  Give the kid a shot, Jeff!