JenksDodger

Kyle Tucker, OF HOU

Reddick and Kemp are decent on-base threats, but neither has Tucker's slugging potential.  Is there a legitimate chance if those two continue to get on base at a quality rate that Houston would consider holding off Tucker's big league promotion until September 1st?

I would think it would behoove Houston to get Tucker as many big league at bats as possible to see if he is worthy of playoff starts.  Kemp and Reddick wont be October difference makers.  Tucker could be.  If we don't see a Tucker promotion until early August, or even later, I'll be mighty frustrated.

3 hours ago, Magnus88 said:

Reddick and Kemp are decent on-base threats, but neither has Tucker's slugging potential.  Is there a legitimate chance if those two continue to get on base at a quality rate that Houston would consider holding off Tucker's big league promotion until September 1st?

I would think it would behoove Houston to get Tucker as many big league at bats as possible to see if he is worthy of playoff starts.  Kemp and Reddick wont be October difference makers.  Tucker could be.  If we don't see a Tucker promotion until early August, or even later, I'll be mighty frustrated.

These guys like Kemp are really valuable spark plug , energy types who when hitting and getting on base  keep the offense rolling from the bottom of the order.  When not they are best suited as fourth outfielder or utility types of players.  However, since he has been doing the job I can't really see the Astros messing with him too much.   Reddick is sort of up and down but has batted in some prime spots in the Astros lineup from time to time this year.   His numbers aren't that good but I think they think highly of him. 

I am sure there's no doubt in anyone's mind over there that Tucker would be better than either of those guys but I think (given no outfield injuries) you won't see him until at least after the All-Star break.  

1 for his last 20 with 5 k’s and no walks. It felt like he was knocking on the door a week ago and now I’m thinking of tossing him back to the wire in redrafts.

In a deep league I would hold.  Otherwise I might send him to the wire.

If Kemp, Reddick, or Springer have a long term injury he will be recalled.  That could happen today.  That could happen never.  

9 hours ago, meh2 said:

1 for his last 20 with 5 k’s and no walks. It felt like he was knocking on the door a week ago and now I’m thinking of tossing him back to the wire in redrafts.

His current cold streak has no bearing. He was on a scorching hot streak (as in, can’t get any hotter type of run) and didn’t get the call. It’s only a matter of time really. One small losing streak (or a streak of 1 run performances) from the big club is all we need. 

Edited by Sonny_D

It is crazy to think Tucker is probably a better option at three spots with the Astros (DH, LF, RF) and he won't be recalled.

In addition to being left off of the Futures Game roster, the Astros just opened another spot on the 40 man roster:

Edited by neverrelaxed
  • Like 1

It does look like the stars are lining up...especially with Alvarez being called up to AAA...hmmmmmm

• Like 1

On 6/28/2018 at 4:31 PM, TheBigBambino said:

Heard word from a local Stros native that he’s getting called up in one week 

What did I tell you?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phisouza33 said:

Pick up even in 10 team leagues?

Been holding for 2 weeks now in a 10-teamer (5 OF).. Do it!

Just got picked up in my 10 teamer (onlyv3 OF and UTIL) in last night's waiver claims.  Kid looks like a Benintendi with perhaps a better in game power tool.

Thanks to everyone keeping tabs on this guy. I picked him up two weeks ago due to all of the discussion in this thread. All aboard the hype train! 

• Like 1