JenksDodger

Kyle Tucker, OF HOU

Fisher and Marisnick a combined 1-5 with 3Ks today. Astros winning, and the offense is exploding with zero help from those two. 

I still think it’s a matter of Tucker getting hot and forcing the issue. The opportunity is there. 

I know this is beating a dead horse.. but holy $@#$ how long is this going to continue.. 

Marisnick has 55 ABs and hasn't walked ONE time. He has struck out 29 times! He's rocking a -.3 WAR as is Derek Fisher.. They are awful. Marisnick has an OBP of .127 and an OPS of .364.. He literally looks like a guy that has absolutely no business being in the MLB. I understand some guys go in slumps and what not, but this is on another level.. 

Tucker was 1-4 with a 2B today.. 1BB and 3Ks and is batting .270  I was really hoping he'd have a huge day at the plate and start putting some pressure on Lunhow to make a move.. Marisnick is doing more than his fair share to make it happen.. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JenksDodger said:

I know this is beating a dead horse.. but holy $@#$ how long is this going to continue.. 

Marisnick has 55 ABs and hasn't walked ONE time. He has struck out 29 times! He's rocking a -.3 WAR as is Derek Fisher.. They are awful. Marisnick has an OBP of .127 and an OPS of .364.. He literally looks like a guy that has absolutely no business being in the MLB. I understand some guys go in slumps and what not, but this is on another level.. 

Tucker was 1-4 with a 2B today.. 1BB and 3Ks and is batting .270  I was really hoping he'd have a huge day at the plate and start putting some pressure on Lunhow to make a move.. Marisnick is doing more than his fair share to make it happen.. 

Lost to the Angels today.  The whole lineup struggled for the most part but Marisnick did his thing by going 0-2 with another K. 

I'm a Stros fan and I know we're gonna be okay, but getting swept by LAA would be a real kick in the nuts.  Hopefully Tucker gets the call soon.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, floppy said:

what do you think the ETA is on call up?

I hope today but expect Super 2.

Edited by ragrag
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, floppy said:

what do you think the ETA is on call up?

I don't have anything concrete to base this on, but I think he's up soon.  Like within two weeks.  Angels are legit and the Astros will have to work to win the division.  Now that the Braves and Yankees have popped the cherry with Acuna and Torres, I think others follow soon.  Just a hunch

• Like 1

fisher/marisnick update..

fisher - 2/4, HR, BB, 2K (raised his WAR to -0.1!)

marisnick - no AB

Marisnick with the solo shot 

Tucker has a modest 6 game hitting streak, going 8-for-23 with 3 doubles. 

I think flashing a little more power/speed would help hasten his arrival. 

Curious that he's not in the lineup tonight seeing as Fresno had a day off on the 24th. 

Stros are off today too & have a 7 game home stretch starting tomorrow. Really hope today is a travel day for Tucker...

Edited by ragrag

Nothing to see here, Fisher hit a home run the other night.. He's locked in the lineup until Mid-July. 

I'm sadly starting to get discouraged on a Pre-June call up. Fisher and Marisnick have been as bad as it gets and are still being inserted into the lineup almost every night. I was convinced they'd pull the plug on one of those guys (mainly Fisher) and just use Marisnick as a 4th OF and only let him play 1 or 2 times a week. Like others have suggested, if Tucker had been mashing then he would've been more likely to come up. 

It just boggles my mind that Fisher is still getting starts after how bad he's been since last year. Even if they gave Tony Kemp a shot, Fisher has just been awful. Don't get complacent and look for ways to improve, because if you sit on your hands, there's a good chance someone else is getting better.  We are 26 games in and the Angels aren't going anywhere unless they have a rash of injuries. 

Any hooters, I'm still crossing my fingers we get Tucker shortly..

1 minute ago, JenksDodger said:

I'm sadly starting to get discouraged on a Pre-June call up.

Ah yes, another reverse convert. Embrace your anger!

I think step number 1 is that  Tucker need to string a couple good weeks together. That will mount the pressure for a call-up.

2 minutes ago, oswald737 said:

Ah yes, another reverse convert. Embrace your anger!

I think step number 1 is that  Tucker need to string a couple good weeks together. That will mount the pressure for a call-up.

You are right, that's gotta happen.. It's apparent Fisher/Marisnick struggles aren't going to be enough to get him up. 

17 hours ago, Sterling Archer said:

Has anyone else noticed that Fresno is playing J.D. Davis in LF a couple times a week and he's hitting .383?

It may mean nothing or...

Maybe. My gut feeling is if Astros decide to make a change anytime soon it might not be Tucker to get the first crack at it.  That is just based on what Tucker has been doing in Triple A thus far. Perhaps they even go the trade route (McHugh??) if they feel Tucker isn't ready. 

Now if Tucker gets extremely hot and goes on a tear for awhile then I think he gets the shot. I think it's in his own hands here but not sure he's ready yet.

Edited by knuckleheads

All this talk of Tucker not being "ready" is nonsense. He was ready at Spring Training. He tore it up and easily would have made the Opening Day lineup if it were based purely on tools and talent, rather than the usual delaying of the service time clock. He's off to a slow start, but he's ready for the Bigs.

30 minutes ago, Baseball Batman said:

All this talk of Tucker not being "ready" is nonsense. He was ready at Spring Training. He tore it up and easily would have made the Opening Day lineup if it were based purely on tools and talent, rather than the usual delaying of the service time clock. He's off to a slow start, but he's ready for the Bigs.

Nothing is proven until he actually gets to the bigs and shows whether or not he is ready. We all know spring training results are difficult to decipher. All I will say is it's his job to earn his way up now.  Nothing is guaranteed with most prospects.

Edited by knuckleheads

Great to see, but bad timing.. Jake Marisnick has been raking as of late. 

*Jake Marisnick raking is 3 hits within the last 7 games. If Houston liked what they saw before, they are surely drooling at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 doubles today, 3-4 with a walk

slash line has quickly moved to 293/371/457 as a 21 year old  (barely) in AAA. 

Stud. 

• Like 1

If the Houston front office is reading this thread I REALLY need a replacement for Adam Eaton.  Yesterday.

• Haha 1