Ffguy0087

Doug Baldwin 2017 Season Outlook

Any thoughs after the last game? i'm looking for him at the wr2 range...

Edited by phatrat
Assistant coach content removed

24 minutes ago, gadio171 said:

Any thoughs after the last game? i'm looking for him at the wr2 range...

If you can get him for a dime on the dollar like that, then go for it, although that wouldn't be enough for me to let go of him personally. He looked very good to me yesterday and had a couple tough, contested catches. SEA's OL is still pretty bad and didn't do RW or the entire offense any favors. I'd expect him to bounce back big time next week vs. SF, and his ROS prospects are still bright considering he has one of the easiest SoS for WRs.

5 minutes ago, FlashGordon401 said:

If you can get him for a dime on the dollar like that, then go for it, although that wouldn't be enough for me to let go of him personally. He looked very good to me yesterday and had a couple tough, contested catches. SEA's OL is still pretty bad and didn't do RW or the entire offense any favors. I'd expect him to bounce back big time next week vs. SF, and his ROS prospects are still bright considering he has one of the easiest SoS for WRs.

Is that really dime on the dollar? I understand the Saints added AD, but Ingram was a top 10 back just last season, I think you should at least wait to see how the Saints backfield plays out tonight.

Absolutely nothing has changed from last year. There will be more of these terrible games. The offensive line is pathetic as is the play calling. 

4 targets is very low considering the 4th round pick I invested in standard.

The offensive line is truly offensive.

20 minutes ago, Newtown said:

4 targets is very low considering the 4th round pick I invested in standard.

The offensive line is truly offensive.

4th round? I was forced to take him im the 2nd.

10 man league?

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

4th round? I was forced to take him im the 2nd.

10 man league?

12 team, standard redraft league.

Apparently, guys in my league weren't high on him.

Probably because he'll likely give you only 3-4 big games a season.

20 minutes ago, Newtown said:

Yeah dont pretend like you got the norm there because you didn't. I paid 35 for him in my 12 man auction so thats about late 2nd-early 3rd value which no one argued with. He's not a 4th round pick..

21 minutes ago, Newtown said:

I got Baldwin in the 4th in a high level, redraft league as well. He basically fell to me and I've never owned him before, so I hope the hype is real.

15 minutes ago, Corey In Da House said:

Yeah dont pretend like you got the norm there because you didn't. I paid 35 for him in my 12 man auction so thats about late 2nd-early 3rd value which no one argued with. He's not a 4th round pick..

I know he's valued higher than the 4th round. I was merely relating what I paid for him. A 4th rounder is a reliable fantasy starter so I was hoping to get more targets for my investment. 

30 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

I got Baldwin in the 4th in a high level, redraft league as well. He basically fell to me and I've never owned him before, so I hope the hype is real.

First time owner as well. Expecting good, not great things from Baldwin. Hoping Parker or Coleman can get more targets and production.

On 9/15/2017 at 11:53 PM, Newtown said:

First time owner as well. Expecting good, not great things from Baldwin. Hoping Parker or Coleman can get more targets and production.

Sat Baldwin for Parker. Not much better, but it seems like Parker has more upside. Coleman may have broken his hand.

Not enjoying my first rodeo with baldwin. He's lookin exactly like the waiver wire fodder I have always said he was for the most part of his career

Seattle's offense is just awful generally. Only good news is they'll probably need Baldwin if they're going to turn it around.

1 hour ago, LongBalls said:

Seattle's offense is just awful generally. Only good news is they'll probably need Baldwin if they're going to turn it around.

Yeah, barely beating the 49ers is embarrassing, I still have hope for Baldwin but its rapidly diminishing.

6 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

Not enjoying my first rodeo with baldwin. He's lookin exactly like the waiver wire fodder I have always said he was for the most part of his career

Agreed. I only drafted him because of what I perceived as value. But after checking his game logs the last 2 years, this is pretty much who he is. Now in the real life playoffs he seems to step it up for sure.

4 hours ago, pdog109 said:

Yeah, barely beating the 49ers is embarrassing, I still have hope for Baldwin but its rapidly diminishing.

His track record suggests he will have a couple of good games sprinkled in the season. You will just have to wait patiently for them.

Some people got baldwin in the 4th round? What platform? Yahoo?

In Yahoo he consistently went in the late 2nd round.. smh...I picked this guy ahead of the likes of Gronk, Cooper, Cooks

Um around the league it's been pretty low scoring thus far with a lot of WRs getting off to slow starts. Stop the complaining after two weeks. Seattle does this yearly as in starting off horrid offensivly than turning it on. 

I got him in the 3rd round(12 team league). This is my first and last time owning Wilson or Baldwin. It's a nightmare owning both. 

36 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Um around the league it's been pretty low scoring thus far with a lot of WRs getting off to slow starts. Stop the complaining after two weeks. Seattle does this yearly as in starting off horrid offensivly than turning it on. 

This guy has it spot on. Seattle always starts off taking the dump in the first half of the season.

17 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Anyone know how serious Graham's injury is?

As a Wilson owner, I wouldn't be upset if they rested him a couple of weeks. He has been absolute trash since coming over from the Saints. Dropped an easy touchdown yesterday.

Seattle offense is terrible, They made Green Bay and the 49er's look like Denver's defense, Russell is running for his life,  Carson should help since it looks like he is the most effective RB.  But Baldwin has never been a WR1 consistently he puts up WR1 numbers usually at the end of the year and Wilson gets tons of hype and they both get over drafted too early.