Homerj24

Aaron Judge 2017 Outlook

2 minutes ago, scoh123 said:

Because of a stupid manager named Scioscia. Who doesn't walk the guy with first open????

I was surprised he didn't intentionally walk him. It is a no brainer.

1 minute ago, rich22 said:

Holliday is yanks best hitter with RISP, plus their most clutch.  I wouldn't have walked him, either

lmao

when judge gets up there is always a RISP

37 minutes ago, lassetjus said:

I was surprised he didn't intentionally walk him. It is a no brainer.

Especially when he fell behind in the count 2-0. 

Edited by absknicks

And I'm surprised his 495 foot shot wasn't posted. It deserves its own pin until it's dethroned. The sound off the CRACK is unreal.

Best part of Judge's breakout/ascension to greatness is that nobody saw it coming. Nobody here knew he was going to be the best player in baseball ( with Trout out ) and not one fantasy "expert" predicted it. Everyone was 100% wrong and it is 100% luck that you got this guy on your team as he was just a roll of the dice.

I will say it again...if you own this guy and you are not in first place, you should quit fantasy baseball because you were given a free #1 overall player.

Judge on last night:

“I wasn’t really swinging at my pitch early in the game,’’ Judge said of striking out in his first two times up against starter Alex Meyer. “Just simplified my mechanics a little bit and my approach, just pick one out and go after it.’’

In-Game adjustments. Love it.

3 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Best part of Judge's breakout/ascension to greatness is that nobody saw it coming. Nobody here knew he was going to be the best player in baseball ( with Trout out ) and not one fantasy "expert" predicted it. Everyone was 100% wrong and it is 100% luck that you got this guy on your team as he was just a roll of the dice.

I will say it again...if you own this guy and you are not in first place, you should quit fantasy baseball because you were given a free #1 overall player.

As a Yankee fan, I was hopeful that Judge would improve but never in my wildest dreams did I see this coming. I honestly would have thought Bird would be the guy that hit 35 HR's this year.

So just a quick reminder/breakdown of Mr. Judge's month by months stats.. 

April - .303 average, 10 hrs, 20 rbi, 23 runs scored in 22 games.. 

May - .347 average, 7 hrs, 17 rbi, 17 runs scored in 26 games...

June - .429 average, 5 hrs, 12 rbi, 17 runs scored in 11 games... (In progress)...

Looks like he is easily going 2 have his best month 2 date...

MLB cute smile smiling yankees GIF

MLB judge celebrates chambers aaron judge GIF

Edited by chud12

On 6/12/2017 at 11:57 AM, crazybob60 said:

Was it just me, or when he had that last at bat (where he hit the 2nd homer) it was almost as if he was just waiting for 2 strikes to be on him before he started swinging his bat.  I know it was a huge lead, but from watching the the at bat, it was almost like he was not going to swing til that 2nd strike was on him....again, I could have been looking too far into the at bat.

This article touches on this a bit:

http://nypost.com/2017/06/12/the-other-side-of-aaron-judges-legend-the-pitches-he-spits-on/

Doesn't say he waits for 2 strikes but his success 0-2 and 1-2 is impressive. 

"This season, Judge is hitting .298 after the count reaches 0-2 with a .906 OPS, the fourth-highest in the majors (minimum 150 total plate appearances). He was .291 after 1-2 with nine homers and a 1.007 OPS, second in the majors."

A few other anecdotal nuggets: 

"Holliday likened “the super efficiency” of Judge to the best he has seen, Barry Bonds, also noting the balance, the length of time the swing stays in the zone, the ability to hit in all quadrants of the strike zone, the shift-busting ability to hit to all fields and – of course – the power."

“His at-bats are so consistent now,” said Brett Gardner, who long had been the Yankees’ most patient hitter. “What is amazing is his strike zone is so huge because of his size, and I actually think he has strikes called low down against him because they are strikes for everyone else, but they really aren’t strikes for him. It is impressive how many pitches he lays off of that just miss that big zone.”

He's also on pace to set a Yankee record in strikeouts amazingly. 

Edited by DannyMcPot

I cringe every time he goes but his athleticism always surprises me. Gotta be good for 10 by seasons end. 

Robbed of a couple hits tonight. Scorched a ball to LF that would've been an RBI single but Eric Young Jr. made a great play. 

1 minute ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

left the little league stadium and it isn't treating him too kindly

15-7 home/road homers

He's hitting 400+ foot homers consistently. I don't think the stadium matters for him.

5 hours ago, soxfan94 said:

He's hitting 400+ foot homers consistently. I don't think the stadium matters for him.

5 hours ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

15-7

According to ESPN Homerun Tracker, his HR's pretty much would have gone out in most stadiums. Not that I really needed to tell you that. To suggest that he is some kind of creation of Yankee Stadium is ridiculous. Here is the breakdown.

Of the 15 HR's hit at home:

9 would be out in all 30 stadiums

1 in 28, 25, 23, 19, 11, 2 stadiums

So 13 of the 15 HR's hit at home would have gone out in over roughly 2/3 of the stadiums in the MLB.

Edited by lassetjus

Anyone catch quite possibly the worst send I've ever seen in a MLB game last night by Yankees 3B coach Joe Espada... take a look: 

5 hours ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

left the little league stadium and it isn't treating him too kindly

15-7 home/road homers

Great. As a Yankee fan, this makes me glad hes going to be hitting in that stadium for the next decade. Your subtle saltiness doesnt detract from anything Judge is doing, in my mind.