Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JenksDodger

Breakout Prospects - 2017 MLB Impact

24 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:

shelby miller injury could potentially open a rotation spot for anthony banda if the spot doesn't go to archie bradley.

banda is a #3/#4 type pitcher probably. Not super impressed with his stuff from the futures game but that is only one game. Could be deep league relevant.

Oh good call. I just picked up Bradley.

Can someone give me an idea of some minor leaguers to keep an eye on with an expected call-up this year that will have an impact in the stolen base department? I'm looking for some players that look like a strong bet to get called up before the all star break that are also a strong bet to steal 10 or more bags. Thanks!

34 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Can someone give me an idea of some minor leaguers to keep an eye on with an expected call-up this year that will have an impact in the stolen base department? I'm looking for some players that look like a strong bet to get called up before the all star break that are also a strong bet to steal 10 or more bags. Thanks!

Sure thing.  Peruse this MiLB forum.  Tons of great info and insight.

2 hours ago, meh2 said:

SB are hard because impact SB players are often so reliant on their wheels that one cold streak will sink them.  Two obvious ones: Ozzie Albies (STL) and Lewis Brinson (MIL).  The only thing keeping them in the minors is service time.  Brinson is more power and Albies more speed, but then can both run.

I'd also keep an eye on Roman Quinn.  The Phillies OF stinks, and he can fly, even if he is duplicative of Cesar Hernandez. 

On 3/23/2017 at 7:38 PM, deuce4off said:

There's zero chance Giolito is up that early. 

On 3/24/2017 at 2:33 PM, azeri98 said:

I think he's a bust in the making, 

I watched him about half a dozen times in AA Harrisburg last year. Totally unimpressed. His control, delivery, approach, etc. left something to be desired. Young and has all the raw talent in the world, but something is "off" with him. Might be a guy who will be better off a year or two down the road than 2017.

Not focusing this toward anyone in particular, but I think Bellinger has silenced the doubts about his prospect rankings and whether he could handle the position flexibility requirements.