Savatage79

Sterling Shepard 2017 Season Outlook

Holy f--- ... everyone calm down. He was riding a bike most of practice which indicates it's minor. He's probably just tight. These guys are like high end cars, it's all gotta be in synch. I'm obviously monitoring the situation but If he checks out, I'm rolling this for Manning's last home game vs Dallas. It's gonna be lit in that place and that's when special things tend to happen. 

Engram and Shep are the two main guns in the WR corps, and Eli is gonna be chucking it all over the lot on unofficial Eli Day. 

• Like 3

Shep practicing (full) today is what I heard on sports radio just now.  

• Thanks 1

"Giants interim coach Steve Spagnuolo is "hopeful" Sterling Shepard (hamstring) will play against the Cowboys after returning to limited practice on Thursday."

Uhhhh I don't like that tone.

Guys its happening.  This guy is going to see 10+ targets if he plays.  Yes please.

3 hours ago, griffin727 said:

"Giants interim coach Steve Spagnuolo is "hopeful" Sterling Shepard (hamstring) will play against the Cowboys after returning to limited practice on Thursday."

Hmm....even if he plays, can he be trusted?  One tweak and it's all she wrote.  

3 hours ago, griffin727 said:

can't get through a single week without something happening to this guy

All of my injuries occur in the first quarter.  So, I expect SS will play and get injured in 1st q and then leave.  

I keep telling you guys...you can’t trust Giants or Bronco players.  They have mailed it in and have no backbone. 

On 12/8/2017 at 11:47 AM, TennisMenace said:

All of my injuries occur in the first quarter.  So, I expect SS will play and get injured in 1st q and then leave.  

I keep telling you guys...you can’t trust Giants or Bronco players.  They have mailed it in and have no backbone. 

Eli wants to prove he is still a top NFL QB despite the teams meltdown and Sterling needs to prove he can be a wr1 on an offense even when OBJ returns. o-line is playing for their jobs in the offseason. No mailing it in for these guys  as they know the new coach wlll review all of the film. Everyone is auditioning for next season

II have no problem betting on them end of season.

Missed this one yesterday:

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- New York Giants wide receiver Sterling Shepardand defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul are both listed as questionable for this Sunday’s game against the Dallas Cowboys. Both expect to play.

Shepard said he didn’t even feel the hamstring while practicing on Friday when he was running at full speed.

“He looked all right,” coach Steve Spagnuolo said. “He looked pretty good.”

Week 14 and 15 were the match-ups I held this guy for during the back half sooo ... let's go!

Edited by LongBalls

21 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Missed this one yesterday:

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- New York Giants wide receiver Sterling Shepardand defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul are both listed as questionable for this Sunday’s game against the Dallas Cowboys. Both expect to play.

Shepard said he didn’t even feel the hamstring while practicing on Friday when he was running at full speed.

“He looked all right,” coach Steve Spagnuolo said. “He looked pretty good.”

Week 14 and 15 were the match-ups I held this guy for during the back half sooo ... let's go!

Not to be a downer, but I expect he will reinjure his hammy in the first quarter and not return tomorrow. I say this because that has been the story of my year this year.....guys getting injured in the first quarter.  I’m so used to it, I now expect it.  

Edited by TennisMenace
  • Haha 1

The Cowboys' best pass rusher Davis Irving has been ruled out.  This is huge.

The Giants are going to have a huge emotional victory over the Cowboys Sunday, then have a letdown next week against the Eagles.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

The Cowboys' best pass rusher Davis Irving has been ruled out.  This is huge.

The Giants are going to have a huge emotional victory over the Cowboys Sunday, then have a letdown next week against the Eagles.

The Gmen don’t have a chance against the mighty Eagles. 

1 hour ago, TennisMenace said:

The Gmen don’t have a chance against the mighty Eagles. 

They might.  Eagles are so overrated.  Easiest schedule in the NFL up to last week and just lucky the rest of the NFC is terrible.  They will be 1 and done in the playoffs with the possibility of winning 1 game.

1 hour ago, TennisMenace said:

Not to be a downer, but I expect he will reinjure his hammy in the first quarter and not return tomorrow. I say this because that has been the story of my year this year.....guys getting injured in the first quarter.  I’m so used to it, I now expect it.  

There's a simple solution.  Just don't play Shepard so the rest of us can and get a full game out of him.  Oh, and you are being a downer no matter what you say... ;)

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, KuNiT21 said:

They might.  Eagles are so overrated.  Easiest schedule in the NFL up to last week and just lucky the rest of the NFC is terrible.  They will be 1 and done in the playoffs with the possibility of winning 1 game.

Eagles deserve more respect from you than this.  Maybe after tomorrow, you will have your eyes opened to the Beast of the East. 

11 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Just got an update saying good chance he doesn't suit up in this one

What a waste. Had this guy since week 6 or whatever and he's basically helped in only 1 week since then.  If it's not one thing, it's the other. Ankle, migraines, hamstring.....

6 minutes ago, ukdesi said:

What a waste. Had this guy since week 6 or whatever and he's basically helped in only 1 week since then.  If it's not one thing, it's the other. Ankle, migraines, hamstring.....

Its been such a shuffle in the wr dept this year. Looked like we had a sure fire wr1 for volume alone after the 11 catch game.

Seriously why is this guy so unreliable EVERY SINGLE WEEK when he has the opportunity to prove to the NFL he is a WR1?  

He will have zero chance to showcase his talent as a primary wr when obj is back next season :huh:

This was a throwaway line in an nfl.com article. Most indications are he's expected to play.