Savatage79

Rob Gronkowski 2017 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

Why are people panicking so hard..never played fantasy football before lol..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

 

I missed the game. can you elaborate? 

 

He was targeted on a play action near the goal line, he was targeted near/in the endzone and drew a penalty flag, and that one TD that was ruled not a catch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, calibar said:

alright, lets keep them coming then, we'll be able to discuss how slower he looked throughout 10pages and argue if your opinion of slow is different than the other guy's "slow", should be fun. we're already at 5pages of slow comments

Bro it's just a discussion, don't be such a control freak 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Game was looking a little rough.  Can't say I was please, also seems like the Chiefs were grabbing jerseys a surprising amount that weren't flagged.  Gronk I think thought he was gonna get a PI call a few times and it didn't happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Willing to buy low but my league's gronk owner aren't like the antsy ones here... how I wish...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

Willing to buy low but my league's gronk owner aren't like the antsy ones here... how I wish...

 

I'd be trying the same if I didn't already own him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

Willing to buy low but my league's gronk owner aren't like the antsy ones here... how I wish...

I think it's just peoples perception that any complaint at all = they're ready to trade him. This board and people in general love to dramatize everything to make others look stupid or inferior to them when it's not the case. I'm sure only a slight handful actually went and traded him away, and If they did shame on them as it's only one game. The whole buy low thing doesn't work in actual competitive leagues imho 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is just what week one boards look like.  People patting themselves on the back for not drafting someone that did bad or assuring themselves they are geniuses for drafting someone that did good.  Not even really worth reading most of the content here after week one unless you see some waiver wire guy thread pop up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gronk never had a training camp so he is prob behind, hence the huffing and puffing all game and lack of seperation. Coming off back surgery and an offseason full of rehab I am really not sure why people are so surprised with how he looked.  Regardless If that td call stands no one is saying a damn word. I'd expect Gronk to start eating next week regardless of how good of ffootball shape he might be or not be In.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has lost his explosiveness. I would trade him while he still holds value.

 

He is about TE5 this year but you can still trade him and get TE1 value in return. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Georgemjs said:

He has lost his explosiveness. I would trade him while he still holds value.

 

He is about TE5 this year but you can still trade him and get TE1 value in return. 

We the buyers are not that stupid too... it's called buying low or lowballing for a reason lol...

 

That's why in theory week 1 is the hardest time to make a deal on these highly drafted players.

 

Both managers have to feel that they had just raped the other party off in the trade to make it work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Szer0 said:

We the buyers are not that stupid too... it's called buying low or lowballing for a reason lol...

 

That's why in theory week 1 is the hardest time to make a deal on these highly drafted players.

 

Both managers have to feel that they had just raped the other party off in the trade to make it work

 

Yeah but you should have some owners who are not as clued in on Gronk or feel it is an aberration. Just need to find those owners and trade away. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Georgemjs said:

He is about TE5 this year

 

On a per game basis this year it's insane to rank him as anything except TE1. Of course the big question with him is injury history, but four of the top 5 tight ends have injury history. It is sort of the nature of the position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Georgemjs said:

Kelce

Olsen

Graham

Reed

Gronk

 

Based on Gronk lost explosiveness, we just witnessed it ourselves. 

 

Can't wait to revisit this foolish opinion in a few weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When he was coming back from the ACL tear in 2014, he started off very slow the first 4 games.  It takes time for him to get back in playing shape after coming off of rehab.  I would suspect by week 5 or so we see the same Gronk that we have come to expect.

 

And ya, as stated above, if they don't over turn that TD nobody is saying a word.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, The Dirtdog said:

When he was coming back from the ACL tear in 2014, he started off very slow the first 4 games.  It takes time for him to get back in playing shape after coming off of rehab.  I would suspect by week 5 or so we see the same Gronk that we have come to expect.

 

And ya, as stated above, if they don't over turn that TD nobody is saying a word.

 

Gronk wasn't angry enough-----Someone needed to tell Gronk what was going on here----he looks confused

 

 

 

W1-Hunt-TD2b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cohenstantinople said:

 

Gronk wasn't angry enough-----Someone needed to tell Gronk what was going on here----he looks confused

 

 

 

W1-Hunt-TD2b.jpg

 

Actually, he looks blurry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Gronk lacked explosiveness"....oh how that sounds like many Jordy Nelson haters  after he had 1 catch vs CHI last year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Georgemjs said:

Kelce

Olsen

Graham

Reed

Gronk

 

Based on Gronk lost explosiveness, we just witnessed it ourselves. 

Yep. Every guy that matches up with Eric Berry just fumbles away that explosiveness. Funny how it works

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn, they should just release him. Too much explosiveness has been lost.

Edited by RafiBomb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gronk has had 3 spinal surgeries the last one being just a little over 8 months ago. In addition to the multiple surgeries on his knees, forearm and other various injuries. He's only 28 and a man child but that's a lot of wear and tear for any beast to overcome even for Gronk. 

 

I wouldn't write him off yet since it was his first real action since week 12 last year but the concerns can't be ignored. Herniated discs are no joke. He'll likely be playing in pain all season and although he said he's fully recovered...that thing can flare up at anytime. 

 

Fantasy aside, I love watching the guy play and dominate so I hope he's not damaged goods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Georgemjs said:

Kelce

Olsen

Graham

Reed

Gronk

 

Based on Gronk lost explosiveness, we just witnessed it ourselves. 

 

As long as he has Brady throwing to him and still playing on an incentive laden contract that will double his salary (He'll receive an extra $5.5 million if he plays in 90% of the team's snaps or reaches the following plateaus: 80 receptions, 14 touchdowns or 1,200 receiving yards), I'll go with Gronk as TE #1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

 

As long as he has Brady throwing to him and still playing on an incentive laden contract that will double his salary (He'll receive an extra $5.5 million if he plays in 90% of the team's snaps or reaches the following plateaus: 80 receptions, 14 touchdowns or 1,200 receiving yards), I'll go with Gronk as TE #1.

 

He's met or exceeded those numbers once. His second season in 2011. He came close in 14 and 15. Other years nowhere close due to injury. Pats GM ain't no dummy that 5.5M bonus is 99% centered around him being healthy and playing all 16 games. I'd be happy with a $3M bonus after week 1. 

 

  • 2017 Incentives (all NLTBE)
    70% snaps OR 60 rec/800 yards OR 10 TD: $1M
    80% snaps OR 70 rec OR 1,000 yards OR 12 TD: $3M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.