Savatage79

Rob Gronkowski 2017 Season Outlook

Big week coming for Gronk, Steelers clinch home field with a win. 15 targets, 11/150/2 this Sunday.

5 minutes ago, Tax77 said:

Big week coming for Gronk, Steelers clinch home field with a win. 15 targets, 11/150/2 this Sunday.

it will be a big week for one of the pass catchers that for sure,  i can't see NE putting up anything short of a monster after being embarrassed in prime time.  can only hope that Gronk is the primary beneficiary. 

17 minutes ago, Panthor said:

it will be a big week for one of the pass catchers that for sure,  i can't see NE putting up anything short of a monster after being embarrassed in prime time.  can only hope that Gronk is the primary beneficiary. 

Possible bad weather game in Pitt. Chance on rain/sleet/snow..

2 hours ago, Tax77 said:

Unlikely. That stat line is about 32 PPR points, factor in the weather and the fact that Steelers have allowed the lowest amount of points to TE, I don't see him getting anywhere near that.

I'm thinking he'll get 5 for 60. TD would be a bonus, but not guaranteed. 

Edited by TheLegacy

45 minutes ago, TheLegacy said:

Unlikely. That stat line is about 32 PPR points, factor in the weather and the fact that Steelers have allowed the lowest amount of points to TE, I don't see him getting anywhere near that.

I'm thinking he'll get 5 for 60. TD would be a bonus, but not guaranteed. 

In a game of this magnitude, I'd wager he ends up closer to 150-2 than 60-0. The Steelers defense was less than impressive last week. 

2 hours ago, mjb said:

Possible bad weather game in Pitt. Chance on rain/sleet/snow..

I don't see any chance of sleet or snow.  The overnight low Sunday night will be 37.

17 minutes ago, Tax77 said:

In a game of this magnitude, I'd wager he ends up closer to 150-2 than 60-0. The Steelers defense was less than impressive last week. 

I just don't see Gronk having his best game of the year in possible snow/sleet/rain conditions against a secondary that has been generally good. (7th best vs receivers). No Shazier means ground and pound, where they obviously struggled last week against. 

Gronk has only had 100 receiving yards twice this year (both against suspect defenses). I'll take under 60 with no TD over Gronk having the best game of the season under questionable weather conditions.

Guess we'll have to wait until Sunday to see who's closer.

EDIT: Looks like the weather updated. Snow/rain on Monday, but should be clear on Sunday if nothing changes. Still doubt Gronk goes for 30+ PPR points, but not as unlikely as before.

Edited by TheLegacy

9 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

I don't see any chance of sleet or snow.  The overnight low Sunday night will be 37.

Thanks, the forecast must have changed.

17 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

70% chance of precip on Sunday.  Low from the night before is 23.  We'll have to give it a few days to see how the weather really shakes out but the potential is there.

19 minutes ago, TheLegacy said:

I just don't see Gronk having his best game of the year in possible snow/sleet/rain conditions against a secondary that has been generally good. (7th best vs receivers). No Shazier means ground and pound, where they obviously struggled last week against. 

Gronk has only had 100 receiving yards twice this year (both against suspect defenses). I'll take under 60 with no TD over Gronk having the best game of the season under questionable weather conditions.

Guess we'll have to wait until Sunday to see who's closer.

EDIT: Looks like the weather updated. Snow/rain on Monday, but should be clear on Sunday if nothing changes. Still doubt Gronk goes for 30+ PPR points, but not as unlikely as before.

Shazier was one of the best coverage guys they had for TEs.  I believe now SS Sean Davis will fill that role and he did a great job last week, but Gronk is a mismatch for anyone.  The real question is how much pressure can PIT get on Brady?  If PIT can mix up their blitz schemes and keep V.Williams/Watt and others coming while covering TB's hot reads then they could replicate what Miami did to NE on Monday.  All signs point to a shootout though. 

3 hours ago, ragrag said:

70% chance of precip on Sunday.  Low from the night before is 23.  We'll have to give it a few days to see how the weather really shakes out but the potential is there.

Who cares what the low is the night before?  The game starts at 4:30.  The high of the day will be 42 and should occur around kickoff.

3 minutes ago, Tax77 said:

Career vs. the Steelers. 

4/93/1    

5/94/3

9/143/1

7/94/0

5/72/3

giphy.gif

My opponent has a really good team along with Gronk... 

4 minutes ago, Watitdookie said:

No Shazier with his 4.3 speed to cover the TE... bring on watt/Dupree to cover better yet get a dB to... Gronkowski is going to eat

even with Shazier, they still couldnt stop Gronk

3 hours ago, Chippa said:

even with Shazier, they still couldnt stop Gronk

to be fair, those NE teams were better than today's version.   & they don't have to stop Gronk, they have to hit TB early and often. 

On 14/12/2017 at 1:23 PM, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

You guys should just be thankful you have a healthy and rested gronk heading into semi finals...

Yah I'm really thankful that I had to start Stephanie Andersen in week 1 of playoffs. 

17 minutes ago, banana said:

Yah I'm really thankful that I had to start Stephanie Andersen in week 1 of playoffs. 

you started your GF in the TE spot? 

21 minutes ago, banana said:

4 minutes ago, calibar said:

you started your GF in the TE spot? 

Pics?

4 hours ago, Tax77 said:

Career vs. the Steelers. 

4/93/1    

5/94/3

9/143/1

7/94/0

5/72/3

Exactly.  Plus he’s rested, pissed off at the league and feeling guilty for letting team down.  No Shazier.  

5 for 60??  GTFOH.  

6 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Image result for stephanie anderson

In that case.. It did suck you had to start her. She would no doubt be on my bench, even with my slight thing for reds.