elite

A.J. Green 2017 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, Chippa said:

it's really only been like that this year. 

Well I guess I didn't mean it literally "always" as every game they have ever played and was just referring to this season. Sorry that was not clear.

32 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Nobody is worried about this week. Everyone is worried about Xavier Rhodes in week 15 shutting down other top receivers.

Bingo.  

last time he faced a truly elite corner was vs Jax ... and before him and Ramsey got booted for their chicanery, he was 1/6/0, on 2 targets, through pretty much the whole first half. 

Deion has said Rhodes is the premier corner in the league - bar none. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

32 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Bingo.  

last time he faced a truly elite corner was vs Jax ... and before him and Ramsey got booted for their chicanery, he was 1/6/0, on 2 targets, through pretty much the whole first half. 

Deion has said Rhodes is the premier corner in the league - bar none. 

As a Vikings fan it's a real treat to be able to watch him, or even not even notice him but go into a matchup knowing there's no need to worry about the other teams #1.

Marvin Jones did have a big game against him, but if I recall correctly,  that was the game after he had a calf injury, so I'm guessing that may be at least part of the reason. I did not get to watch the lions game though so that's just a guess. 

At any rate, I am sitting AJG week 15. I have no confidence he will do well and I hate playing players going against my real life team. Only thing worse than that is playing them any way and being doubly grumpy that they didn't do anything. 

4 minutes ago, nromn said:

As a Vikings fan it's a real treat to be able to watch him, or even not even notice him but go into a matchup knowing there's no need to worry about the other teams #1.

Marvin Jones did have a big game against him, but if I recall correctly,  that was the game after he had a calf injury, so I'm guessing that may be at least part of the reason. I did not get to watch the lions game though so that's just a guess. 

At any rate, I am sitting AJG week 15. I have no confidence he will do well and I hate playing players going against my real life team. Only thing worse than that is playing them any way and being doubly grumpy that they didn't do anything. 

first i became aware of him was last season ... i had OBJ, and the Jints were heading into Minny for a Monday night tilt.   i recall reading about how Rhodes was so pumped to take on the challenge on the National stage - and i was all like "pfffft, who is this punk? i need 8 points ppr from OBJ to win my game, he'll prolly get that on the first drive, shutting this blowhard right the eff up!!1!" 

3 and 1/2 hours later, and OBJ bagged me a 5 spot - think it was 3/22.  over and out. done. ouch.   

yeah, this Rhodes guy is not joke.  

8 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

first i became aware of him was last season ... i had OBJ, and the Jints were heading into Minny for a Monday night tilt.   i recall reading about how Rhodes was so pumped to take on the challenge on the National stage - and i was all like "pfffft, who is this punk? i need 8 points ppr from OBJ to win my game, he'll prolly get that on the first drive, shutting this blowhard right the eff up!!1!" 

3 and 1/2 hours later, and OBJ bagged me a 5 spot - think it was 3/22.  over and out. done. ouch.   

yeah, this Rhodes guy is not joke.  

Yeah, that was a fun game, before the implosion. What I remember from that game is there must have been about 10 times Eli just threw the ball at his linemans feet. The rush was ferocious at that point and anytime Eli even thought a defender was close, he just took the loss of down instead of a potential sack/hit.

Another thoroughly uninspiring outing - keep it up AJ! Worst game he's played all year - drops, having the ball ripped out of his hands, the whining. 

It was great. If I survive this going Watkins over him for the remainder.

1 minute ago, SuperJoint said:

Another thoroughly uninspiring outing - keep it up AJ! Worst game he's played all year - drops, having the ball ripped out of his hands, the whining. 

Looks like the Bungals quit today.  Probably starting Josh G over him next week.

21 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Looks like the Bungals quit today.  Probably starting Josh G over him next week.

Can't believe I'm considering Gordon over him too rest of way.

25 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Hahaha as both a Green and Watkins owner, that’s stupid... I mean, I get next weekend, maybe, but not really... but week 16. That would be flat out irresponsible. If you had better options than Watkins, I could easily get it, but Watkins doesn’t get targets or yards.

Edited by hangin n wangin

Ramsey on AJ - starts at 1:20, lasts 'til 2:15 ... roughly one minute of hearing how "soft"  (Charmin soft) Green is, both Ramsey and Woodson seem to be in the know on this - chuckles abound :unsure:

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=21724888&sf175894248=1

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

This guy is consistently one of the most unreliable first round picks. Primed for a big game and he dials it in.

I have to deal with Hopkins, Thielen, Hill and Jordy (maybe Rodgers?) next week. And this guy is going to be dealing with Rhodes all day. Wish I could bench him but don't think I can. 

Maybe he does as well as Funchess. 

2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I have to deal with Hopkins, Thielen, Hill and Jordy (maybe Rodgers?) next week. And this guy is going to be dealing with Rhodes all day. Wish I could bench him but don't think I can. 

Maybe he does as well as Funchess. 

the Panthers actually have some f'ng balls as a team, have a ton to play for, and a one time MVP behind center (though not a great Cam show yesterday in the air) ... the Bangles are a gutless bunch of quitters, who mailed it the frig in yesterday - now they get a pissed off Minny D, who are now in a must win situation, in the Vikes house? 

yeah, gl on all that w/AJ  

benching him this week... 

anyone who has owned aj knows this is not him, seems like a different dude this year. now out of the playoffs, i doubt he gives a crap.. add in rhodes? no thanks.

I cannot believe I am planning on benching him this week, but... Xavier Rhodes is a legit "shutdown" CB. Here are some numbers of some other WR1s this year when up against Rhodes.

Michael Thomas: 2 rec. / 22 yards
Antonio Brown: 3 rec. / 28 yards 
Mike Evans: 5 rec. / 53 yards
Julio Jones: 1 rec. / 13 yards

I hear what you guys are saying, but you HAVE to start your studs.  Guys like AJG literally only need one play to have a decent-good fantasy day.  You could argue that he had a worse matchup in week 13 vs. PITT, and he went 7/77/2.  The last thing I am going to have happen is start someone over AJG and have him go off.  

2 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

That's why I can't do it. And some of the guys mentioned to start over him are insane. Sanu? Dear God. I would rather go down with the ******** ship with AJ, rather than him getting a big play TD on my pine.

AJ has a track record unlike most people that have ever played the game.  He is as steady of a fantasy WR not named Antonio Brown over the last 5 years.  Has he burned me over the years in big spots? Sure.  But he has also won me games.  I will roll the dice with AJ everyday of the week, against opponent.

10 minutes ago, abrunn11 said:

I hear what you guys are saying, but you HAVE to start your studs.  Guys like AJG literally only need one play to have a decent-good fantasy day.  You could argue that he had a worse matchup in week 13 vs. PITT, and he went 7/77/2.  The last thing I am going to have happen is start someone over AJG and have him go off.  

PIT has no one close to being as good as Rhodes. 

The most predictable and annoying thing every FFL playoffs is the analyst community saying "start your studs" as if that cures everything. That didn't work if you stubbornly started Mike Evans last week despite him producing like garbage for two months and counting.

I will be starting Green this week in three leagues where a total of at least $900 will be on the line, but I don't feel good about it. It is VERY reasonable to bench him if you have a WR2 on your bench who has a good matchup (i.e. Funchess). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joshua18 said:

PIT has no one close to being as good as Rhodes. 

The most predictable and annoying thing every FFL playoffs is the analyst community saying "start your studs" as if that cures everything. That didn't work if you stubbornly started Mike Evans last week despite him producing like garbage for two months and counting.

I will be starting Green this week in three leagues where a total of at least $900 will be on the line, but I don't feel good about it. It is VERY reasonable to bench him if you have a WR2 on your bench who has a good matchup (i.e. Funchess). 

I don't feel good about AJ Green this week either but some of the options mentioned to start over him are poop dick. I have Sammy Watkins, which is comparable to Sanu or Hogan, I am not even thinking about throwing that turd out there.

Just now, Fried Pork Grind said:

PPR league - He always has that knock out punch but Cincy just appears to be a mess to me. He is going against a really good corner this week. 

Rhodes is good, but he has a ways to go before anyone is going to confuse him with Deion.   I think the Vikes will be up big most of this game.  A lot of opportunity for AJG.