Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beauso79

Jay Bruce

Could Bruce be getting called to the BIGS or is it just a routine day off?

I just stashed him today in the afternoon, I get this feelings with players when they are going to get called-up, same thing happened with Salty about 1 1/2 week ago.

Maybe he's getting the call.

This probably could have gone in the regular Jay Bruce thread, but anyway...

That would be sweet. He's been tearing up AAA (5 HR, 15 Runs, 17 RBI, .326 BA, .924 OPS), and the rumors of his callup have been circling since the Reds took on a new GM. Can't wait until the day he is a yearly fixture in my keeper/dynasty lineup.

anyone know ?

No RotoWorld Blurb.

Edit: I've been looking at several sources and I'm not seeing anything, yet.

No RotoWorld Blurb.

Edit: I've been looking at several sources and I'm not seeing anything, yet.

thanks

I heard he went to Memphis so he could watch Colby Rasmus go 2-3 with two homers and a walk.

I heard he went to Memphis so he could watch Colby Rasmus go 2-3 with two homers and a walk.

go lay down somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've watched alot of tonights cards-reds game and no mention of him being brought up or anything. I think Corey Patterson is the big factor of him not being called up right now, thats why im constantly rooting for him to suck it up. If he doesnt im afraid we might have to wait for Jocketty to unload one of those outfielders in a trade.

I've watched alot of tonights cards-reds game and no mention of him being brought up or anything. I think Corey Patterson is the big factor of him not being called up right now, thats why im constantly rooting for him to suck it up. If he doesnt im afraid we might have to wait for Jocketty to unload one of those outfielders in a trade.

As a Bruce & Dunn (whoa, country music flashing through my brain...get out!) owner, I hope it's Griffey or Patterson. Griffey could have extra trade value right now for a team wanting to capitalize on his HR milestone for putting butts in the seats. But, it would also be somewhat of a PR suicide for Cincy, unless Bruce makes them forget all about Griffey.

Bruce actually has made a pinch hit appearance tonight and made an out....

Pinch hit appearance where??? You said you were watching the Cards/Reds game. You can't mean that game as someone would have said something sooner, right? Had to have been for Louisville. He's not on the Gameday roster.

Pinch hit appearance where??? You said you were watching the Cards/Reds game. You can't mean that game as someone would have said something sooner, right?

lol sry he made a pinch hit appearance in the AAA Louisville game tonight. Post was about him not starting tonight but he made a pinch hit appearance later so no call up today.

lol sry he made a pinch hit appearance in the AAA Louisville game tonight. Post was about him not starting tonight but he made a pinch hit appearance later so no call up today.

Okay, thanks for clearing that up.

With the Reds offense struggling mightily, any chance Bruce will be called up relatively soon? He is starting to get hot in the minors and the Reds are struggling to score Runs.

Anyone close to the team or city have any inside info? Thanks

Jay needs to be called up soon. Bailey does as well. Cincy needs a spark.

Jay needs to be called up soon. Bailey does as well. Cincy needs a spark.

That logic sounds good to me. B)

I think after the nasty sweep they took from the Braves the Reds organization has to make a move to show their fans something and call up Bruce and Bailey.

I'd be schoked if at least Bruce isn't called up this next week.

It would excite me, but he is striking out like crazy in AAA.

27 Ks in 119 PAs. Striking out in almost 25% of his PAs.

Premature Jay Elation.

Rumors have been swirling, particularly in these forums, about Jay Bruce getting called up. We've seen discussion as to who would be out in the Reds OF. All three of Patterson, Dunn, and Griffey have been speculated upon. Now the Reds have Walt Jocketty as their general manager. He has already caused a buzz, and now many are excited that he could shake up the organization and forge a path for top prospects Homer Bailey and Jay Bruce to make it to the major league club. However, many are still skeptical...but Bruce's time may be coming.

Aaron Gleeman of Rotoworld posted this in today's version of "The Daily Dose:"

"New Reds general manager Walt Jocketty responded that "it's a little bit premature" when asked Tuesday about possibly trading Ken Griffey Jr., but also made it clear that he's open for business. "I've had no trade discussions with him," Jocketty said. "I'm not saying that couldn't happen, but it just hasn't at this point." The Reds hold a $16.5 million option on Griffey for next season or could choose to buy him out for $4 million, so Jocketty may try to cash him in before then."

Below is a link to an ESPN article covering the Jocketty/Griffey story:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3384586

I'm not saying it will happen, but the Reds have $millions$ of reasons to make a move, or two.

With the Reds in last place and Corey Patterson's batting average hovering around the Mendoza line, is there any chance that Jay Bruce comes up before the All-Star break? Are there any Reds fans out there that can provide us with any additional insight?

Thanks!

bruce was 4-5 tonight, now batting .320. Time to bring him up.

But they have to make room. Didn't they sign Patterson to a minor league contract? B)