Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beauso79

Jay Bruce

Wow -- and rotoworld just wrote that Rasmus went 0-5 and is in the middle of another slump. Looks like Bruce is even more solidified as the one to have?

I'm not new to Rotoworld or fantasy baseball, but you guys are pretty amazing with your minor league info. How do you guys know so much? Are there TV packages where you can watch minor league games?

But they have to make room. Didn't they sign Patterson to a minor league contract? B)

Right. But they purchased that minor league contract when he made the 25 man roster, hence making it a big league contract. Seriously, the easy way to make room is to just dump Patterson. But for reasons no one knows, he was given 3 million dollars this year. That's a lot of money to throw away. Itd be easier just trade of DL someone. Freel or Griffey are bound to hurt themselves pretty soon.

Wow -- and rotoworld just wrote that Rasmus went 0-5 and is in the middle of another slump. Looks like Bruce is even more solidified as the one to have?

I'm not new to Rotoworld or fantasy baseball, but you guys are pretty amazing with your minor league info. How do you guys know so much? Are there TV packages where you can watch minor league games?

no we are just a bunch of very sick people that will do anything to win!!!!!!

BA blog touting Bruce's current blaze. Also talks about some other hot prospects such as Chase Headley and Ian Stewart:<a href="http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/?p=1000" target="_blank">

</a>

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/?p=1000

Oh if the Reds would bring up Bruce, the Brewers would bring up LaPorta, the Rockies would bring up Stewart, and the Dodgers would bring up Kershaw...(check the sig and you'll see the reasons for my wishful thinking.) B)

Any chance he gets the call today? Its May 9th and they can add a year. Maybe Bailey and Bruce together?

Doubtful, check out the below quote---

Jocketty would like to get to Triple-A Louisville to see the young guys - notably Homer Bailey and Jay Bruce - in person. He's looking at doing that next week.

Cinci Paper

Waitiing til May 9 to callup Bailey would be useless. He's already debuted.

Waitiing til May 9 to callup Bailey would be useless. He's already debuted.

It's about service time, not when was their debut.

Yea, but he already has service time is what i was trying to say...

Regardless, the more they delay bringing him up again, the more it delays his arbitration clock.

I dion't undestand why they stuck with Votto (and it worked) but they are afraid to put Bruce in the OF and leave him there? Let him strike out a billion times, he'll learn!

The Reds fans deserve their best players on the field!

I dion't undestand why they stuck with Votto (and it worked) but they are afraid to put Bruce in the OF and leave him there? Let him strike out a billion times, he'll learn!

The Reds fans deserve their best players on the field!

Don't they know there are millions of fantasy baseballers that are waiting very patiently for his callup?? Cmon Reds...get on board with everyone else.

Bruce's current stat line:

.328 BA, 6 HR, 27 RBI, 22 Runs, 7 SB, .924 OPS, 9/34 BB/K

Everything continues to look good except for his BB/K ratio, but we all knew that would be the case. Get this guy up to learn from Adam Dunn about how to take a walk. And maybe he can teach Adam how to hit for average. B)

JAY, NOT LENNY

The biggest reason 21-year-old Jay Bruce (below left) is still in Louisville is that the Reds brass - including the development people - want him to get his on-base average closer to 65-70 points above his batting average to show he has the discipline to hit in the majors. Right now, Bruce's on-base average (.343) is only 23 points higher than his batting average (.320). This isn't to say Bruce has to get his OBA into that plus-65-70 range to get called up, but he has to be moving in the right direction.

He's drawn only seven walks compared to 30 strikeouts. Roughly 5 percent of his plate appearances go for walks.

The NL average walk rate for a non-pitcher this season is 9.7 percent. If Bruce can't match that rate in Triple-A, he's going to have a hard time against quality major-league pitchers.

By the way, Brandon Phillips ' career OBA is only 44 points above his career BA. That's tolerable if you're blasting a lot of long balls, but if you're not ...

Reds Notebook

Not great news for those of us who are impatient, but they're really doing right by Bruce here.

he will be up soon enough, it is getting close to june, so that means griffey should be tweaking an ankle or something any day now

one thing about the reds thought, they never seem to be short of OF talent (Dunn, Kearns, Hamilton, Freel)

In the first game of today's double header he's 4 for 4 with a homer and 2 doubles, 9 total bases 2 runs and 2 RBI's. It's only the 7th inning so he'll probably still get another at bat in the first game. Unfortunately he didn't draw any walks. I hope the Reds aren't dissapointed with him hitting everything in sight instead of drawing walks B) . Hopefully this is the game the GM is attending.

I picked him up in 3 out of my 4 leagues (the other he is already owned - Dynasty) and stashing him. I'm not missing out the JAY BRUCE!

In the first game of today's double header he's 4 for 4 with a homer and 2 doubles, 9 total bases 2 runs and 2 RBI's. It's only the 7th inning so he'll probably still get another at bat in the first game. Unfortunately he didn't draw any walks. I hope the Reds aren't dissapointed with him hitting everything in sight instead of drawing walks B) . Hopefully this is the game the GM is attending.

Sounds like he's having a decent day. :) Hope they let him play the second game as well. It'd be nice to see a line for 2 games of something like: 6/8 or 7/9, 2 HR, 4 or 5 RBI, 4 or 5 Runs.

May 12 - Hal McCoy, of the Dayton Daily News, reports Cincinnati Reds manager Dusty Baker said OF Jay Bruce will be recalled soon.

KFFL

well, that is exciting.

Hal McCoy, of the Dayton Daily News, reports Cincinnati Reds manager Dusty Baker said OF Jay Bruce will be recalled soon.

Hal McCoy, of the Dayton Daily News, reports Cincinnati Reds manager Dusty Baker said OF Jay Bruce will be recalled soon.

considering his game today (4 for 4 with a HR and 2 2B's in the first game of a double dip) that "soon" could be later this week