Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beauso79

Jay Bruce

considering his game today (4 for 4 with a HR and 2 2B's in the first game of a double dip) that "soon" could be later this week

Will he start? I am assuming yes, right?

considering his game today (4 for 4 with a HR and 2 2B's in the first game of a double dip) that "soon" could be later this week

Nice. I have him in my minors on my dynasty team. Good news.

Will he start? I am assuming yes, right?

reds would be crazy to bring him up and not give him at least 6 starts a week, regardless of production - so the answer is possibly, considering the baker angle........he should replace patterson now

AAA line stood at .348/.376/.615 after game 1 of the double-header (he went 1 for 3 in the 2nd game)

He was taken out in the 7th before the rains came. Maybe someone placed a call and told them to make sure he didn't hurt himself.

B)

OF Jay Bruce: 12 hits in last 22ab to lift batting average to .328 (3rd in International League)...his 43 hits rank T1st in the IL. If friggin' Griffey would hit his 600 hr's, he'd be shipped to Seattle and Bruce would be in RF everyday. Cannot wait.

I trust Dusty on this way after the way he handled Votto.

Right. Dusty has a rep for running young guys into the ground. So he'll play. And play. And play. Even if he's hurt.

I trust Dusty on this way after the way he handled Votto.

105 AB's for votto vs. 44 AB's for hatty - that is still too many for hatty

if he does a similar split with bruce/patterson it's a waste to call him up

His rep was for killing young pitchers and not giving young hitters a shot.

Looks like he's rectifying both with the Reds so far.

Please hurry - I am dying for a big bat in my OF - will he get steady PT though is the question...........

What kind of numbers would you project for Bruce granted he remains in the majors for the season.

Is 20HR, 75 RBI reasonable?

What kind of numbers would you project for Bruce granted he remains in the majors for the season.

*2*(4/5)

I suppose a lot depends on where Baker sticks him in the lineup. I think 25 HRs is a possibility.

I suppose a lot depends on where Baker sticks him in the lineup. I think 25 HRs is a possibility.

if he hits those numbers from May to the end of the season I would be thrilled!

Hidden

Provided he bats in a decent spot for most of the season, who would you rather have from here on out: Bruce or Aaron Rowand?

For all of you guys that use Yahoo!, Bruce is available in the free agent pool already. You won't have to wait for him to be put on waivers like Scherzer and soon to be Kershaw.

Yeah, Bruce swipes a few bags. (minor league stats) 19 in 2006, 8 in 2007, and 7 so far this year. Don't know why the big drop off last year, but it could be that he played at 3 levels.

I think you could see possible numbers around 20 HR, 10 SB this year, assuming he is called up by the end of May.

Just picked him up and dropped Butler, in that park he should do more than OK B)

Ha! Same add/drop as I did.

I hope he does better than just 25 HR - I'm just saying, I wouldn't be heartbroken if he did the '07 Ryan Braun impression.

I just added him in two leagues...Hopefully he'll live up to the hype surrounding him.