Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beauso79

Jay Bruce

Checl out RotoTimes. Probable pitchers for Thursday. They have him listed as starting against the Marlins at home

Do they have Jay Bruce as a probable OF? B)

calm yourself.....each year there is a BIG rookie that comes up that helps you way more than any other rookie. Its fair to ask is he "the one" vs the rest of a deep and talented rookie class to be the biggest difference maker.

By years end I think Bruce will have better numbers than any other rookie that started in the minors....

longoria, headley, rasmus, clement

A "braun type" impact will certainly happen again..

Look at all the rookies for the last few years: Ryan Braun of 2007, Hanley Ramirez of 2006, Ryan Howard of 2005, Miguel Cabrera of 2003, Albert Pujols of 2001

Think again!

when will he arrive?? hate waiting for rookies, they're my favorite part of fantasy

Look at all the rookies for the last few years: Ryan Braun of 2007, Hanley Ramirez of 2006, Ryan Howard of 2005, Miguel Cabrera of 2003, Albert Pujols of 2001

Think again!

2008 already has more than it's share of young players breaking out.......Josh Hamilton, Justin Upton, Edinson Volquez.........Why does Bruce automatically get anointed as the savior of baseball for Cincinatti? He'll probably be good, but to expect, or even hope for the numbers like the names posted above is optimistic to the point of being unrealistic.

the best things that come from these and other forums is that they hype these guys so much to the point everyone thinks they are getting a first rounder 2 months into the season off the wire. then when the guy going 0-10 they drop him and waste their waiver spot for them, but in this case no waiver spot since bruce is already in most leagues

2008 already has more than it's share of young players breaking out.......Josh Hamilton, Justin Upton, Edinson Volquez.........Why does Bruce automatically get anointed as the savior of baseball for Cincinatti? He'll probably be good, but to expect, or even hope for the numbers like the names posted above is optimistic to the point of being unrealistic.

Yes, but I don't believe any of those three you mentioned are rookies. I'm not going to say Bruce will be those other guys that had dominating rookie seasons, but he was tabbed as the #1 prospect by nearly every major source that ranks prospects. Why can't he be that guy?

The kid has inmense talent and plays in a joke of a ball park so the power numbers will be there at the end of the year.

Dusty said he is coming up soon, could he be a little more specific?

Wouldn't that be nice?

Anybody that pays attention to Baseball Prospectus would know that they are very pessimistic with their numbers. Their 75th percentile projection for Bruce this year (adjusted for full year) is: 32 HRs/ 103 RBIs/ 11 SBs/ .280 BA. Compare that to Chase Utley's 75th percentile projection (30/94/9/.314).

Even their 50th percentile projection is 26/86/10/.265 for Bruce.

per rotoworld...

Triple-A Louisville's Jay Bruce went 4-for-4 with a homer and two doubles in the first game of Monday's doubleheader.

He went 1-for-3 in the second game. Bruce is 17-for-29 in his last eight games, pushing his season line up to .348/.375/.609. The 34/9 K/BB ratio in 138 at-bats is a problem and he doesn't recover well once he's behind in the count, but it wouldn't hurt to give him his first look in the near future. Based on a conversation he had with Dusty Baker a couple of weeks ago, Hal McCoy of the Dayton Daily News believes it could happen in early June.

per rotoworld...

Triple-A Louisville's Jay Bruce went 4-for-4 with a homer and two doubles in the first game of Monday's doubleheader.

He went 1-for-3 in the second game. Bruce is 17-for-29 in his last eight games, pushing his season line up to .348/.375/.609. The 34/9 K/BB ratio in 138 at-bats is a problem and he doesn't recover well once he's behind in the count, but it wouldn't hurt to give him his first look in the near future. Based on a conversation he had with Dusty Baker a couple of weeks ago, Hal McCoy of the Dayton Daily News believes it could happen in early June.

early June? Wow - that should keep this thread down off the front page

SOON = JUNE - that sucks I picked him up only to have him sit on my bench for at least 2 weeks

SOON = JUNE - that sucks I picked him up only to have him sit on my bench for at least 2 weeks

Trust me...if you didn't somebody else would have. Make do until then, and hold onto him. Count yourself as one of the lucky ones. He was drafted in every one of my 5 leagues, and dropped in every one of them upon his demotion. But the important thing is...HE WAS DRAFTED. Why? Because:

A.) People are very high on him, so he wouldn't have eben sitting out there on the WW for very long upon this news of his impending callup.

B.) Because he is the real deal.

You'll be tankful soon enough.

All this chatter about Bruce forced me to pick him up from the WW earlier than I would've liked. It's now all over yahoo as well, so the rest of my league would know sooner or later. But it's all good, now i'm just excited to watch him play when he's finally called up.

Trust me...if you didn't somebody else would have. Make do until then, and hold onto him. Count yourself as one of the lucky ones. He was drafted in every one of my 5 leagues, and dropped in every one of them upon his demotion. But the important thing is...HE WAS DRAFTED. Why? Because:

A.) People are very high on him, so he wouldn't have eben sitting out there on the WW for very long upon this news of his impending callup.

B.) Because he is the real deal.

You'll be tankful soon enough.

+1

if you play in a competitive league, there should have been rumblings for him already and a few people should be on the verge of picking him up...if no on has already...

its anyones guess how he will pan out, but the scouts all gush about his 30/30 potential and he is rated as being the number 1 minor league ball player in the country right now...

I knew he would get the call sooner rather then later - I picked him up in 3 leagues last week!

Now im reaping the benifits.

I knew he would get the call sooner rather then later - I picked him up in 3 leagues last week!

Now im reaping the benifits.

What benefits? This guy hasn't had a major league appearance this season. For all we know, he could just be another bust. Or he could be this year's Braun. The point is, lets see if he can translate minor league success to major league success, which many players struggle to do.

What benefits? This guy hasn't had a major league appearance this season. For all we know, he could just be another bust. Or he could be this year's Braun. The point is, lets see if he can translate minor league success to major league success, which many players struggle to do.

Benifits of having 3 offers in 2 days for him. I'll be selling HIGH and getting a great value before he gets a single AB.

Benifits of having 3 offers in 2 days for him. I'll be selling HIGH and getting a great value before he gets a single AB.

Such as?

Hard to tell if you're even selling high on him if you dont reveal the players you've been offered. I'm curious B)

Such as?

Hard to tell if you're even selling high on him if you dont reveal the players you've been offered. I'm curious B)

Me too. If its some WW trash that any owner could grab, then not necessarily a "benefit", especially considering Bruce could put up monster numbers.

Also it must be a large league if someone is chomping at Bruce before he's even laced up a cleat in the bigs.

I picked up Bruce 2 or 3 days after Krivskey was fired and Jocketty stated he wouldn't have signed Patterson and he would have given Bruce a chance. I think the Reds will make a move soon - they will trade Griffey or trade/release Paterson and Bruce will come up. They will try to get some value, so it may take a couple weeks to make it happen. I also see the Reds waiting until Griffey hits #600 before seriously considering moving him.

I think he will be up by the end of May, no later than the first or second week of June.

+1

if you play in a competitive league, there should have been rumblings for him already and a few people should be on the verge of picking him up...if no on has already...

its anyones guess how he will pan out, but the scouts all gush about his 30/30 potential and he is rated as being the number 1 minor league ball player in the country right now...

when did bruce become a 30/30 guy?

i hope you guys arent dropping anyone good for him

pence, hart, quentin, bradly, francoueur, hermida are all going to have better years then him

i hope you guys arent dropping anyone good for him

pence, hart, quentin, bradly, francoueur, hermida are all going to have better years then him

Don't know about Hermida or Bradly. I dropped Headley for him, just going from one craze to another.