Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beauso79

Jay Bruce

i hope you guys arent dropping anyone good for him

pence, hart, quentin, bradly, francoueur, hermida are all going to have better years then him

Pence, Hart yes

Quentin, Bradley (lol), Francoueur, Herminda no

I'd take the cleanup hitter in texas who has a .975 OPS over a guy who hasnt even been called up yet thank you.

Francoueur is as consistant as they come and Hermida and Quentin are having their breakout season.

Hermida's having a break out year? Avg OF numbers is a breakout? And what about Bradley?

what about bradley? His OPS is higher then Hamilton's who everyone drools over. Yes hes injury prone but when healthy hes a huge asset.

Here's what Rotowire says about him:

If Bradley played for your fantasy lawn chair team where his only responsibility was to sit still and help you in the "Athletes Whose Names Are a Board Game Company" category, he'd hurt his arm waving to the floats coming down the street in the league parade. He's always good while he's in there, but his lack of reliability always seems to cancel that out. (He's only played more than 101 games once in his career.) Frank Catalanotto replaced Bradley as the Rangers' designated hitter.

But his recent production has slipped by me. I would trade him right now to someone who didn't know better. Except then they'd read the "recent news" on him and see he's injured his shoulder.

"its anyones guess how he will pan out, but the scouts all gush about his 30/30 potential and he is rated as being the number 1 minor league ball player in the country right now..."

when did bruce become a 30/30 guy?

My sentiments exactly. And what about this rated as the #1 minor league ballplayer in the country right now? He's been great, but I think there are some guys who have been much better this year (see LaPorta, Gamel, Wieters, etc.). He was rated as the #1 minor league prospect before the season began.

"its anyones guess how he will pan out, but the scouts all gush about his 30/30 potential and he is rated as being the number 1 minor league ball player in the country right now..."

My sentiments exactly. And what about this rated as the #1 minor league ballplayer in the country right now? He's been great, but I think there are some guys who have been much better this year (see LaPorta, Gamel, Wieters, etc.). He was rated as the #1 minor league prospect before the season began.

Forget Bruce, Pick up Freddie Bynum!!

Bruce is available in my league. I am thinking about dropping Tulowitzki from my DL to make room for him. My league requires a 2B, SS & MI spots. For those I currently have Weeks, Jeter, Theriot (both 2B&SS elig) and Furcal (DL). Worried I may hold Tulo and maybe only get two months at best from him. Drop Tulo for next big thing?

Pence, Hart yes

Quentin, Bradley (lol), Francoueur, Herminda no

Quentin and Francour will have better year thant Bruce even if he plays all games from the time he is called up. As for Bradley only if he stays healthy.

what's the latest on when this guy is going to even be called up? If it's not going to be until mid June I wonder if I should really have him on my bench this early

Not sure when he will be called up, but my league likes to try and find the "next big thing," so I took him and stashed him a couple weeks ago. I also live near Cincy, so I had to or someone else would have by now.

Here is a local news article about Bruce & Bailey.

It doesn't speculate about when though. The recent rumors I heard were late May/early June.

The announcers were also talking about him during the game last night and seemed positive about him coming up, but didn't have an estimate.

IMO, Bruce is worth stashing if you can spare the roster spot for a couple weeks. If you don't, someone else will.

Quentin and Francour will have better year thant Bruce even if he plays all games from the time he is called up. As for Bradley only if he stays healthy.

Because they have a month head start? I'm obviously talking about from here on out, otherwise the debate makes no sense.

If you are in a keeper league just grab him, he's worth it. The worst he can do is be a semi-star in the league and if he becomes a superstar then pat yourself on the back.

Not to mention that if you're in a keeper and he has a great first couple of weeks you can probably get massive value back for him...

Not to mention if you are in a keeper league and he is still available there are other issues at hand...

So far today...

3 for 3 with 2 runs scored, 3 RBI and 2 walks -- now batting .366

Bring 'im up!

Bring 'im up!

if you really have time on your hands, you can watch the gamecast of the Louisville Bats game at batsbaseball.com.

Sure, lots of guys rake in the minors (i.e., Denard Span, who the Twins sent back down, hits over 350 and has 13 sbs at AAA, and nobody is starting threads about him), but Bruce is having one of those real "get noticed" weeks -- it has to build pressure in the organization to get him up fast. First he mashes in a double header the other day, now he is a single away from a 5 point cycle (all 4 hits plus a couple walks) and reaching base 6 times in a game. Cincy needs to clear their logjam, they've obviously soured on dunn and are just hanging in limbo with griffey's milestone pursuit, not to mention the baseless faith they seem to have in Patterson.

So far today...

3 for 3 with 2 runs scored, 3 RBI and 2 walks -- now batting .366

One of those hits was his 8th HR as well

this is exciting news B)

One of those hits was his 8th HR as well

Gotta love those numbers. I apologize for not fully expressing his ridiculous stats today.

In his last 10 games, he is 22 for 36 (batting .611) with 6 BBs and only 7 Ks.