Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beauso79

Jay Bruce

UPDATE:

Tonight he went 3-3 with 2 walks, a double, a triple, a homer and 3 RBI.

What...the...hell...are...the....Reds...waiting....for?

At this point you have to start wondering what they are thinking.....the guy is clearly ready

i think

if there is no trade involving dunn or griffey...

then bruce takes the place of corey patterson and his 200 BA

I think the whole point of this is for sharing information. And it seems to have generated some quality info - thanks for your additions everyone. Plus with the lack of offense this year (especially HR's) it's pretty exciting to think that a future stud is not far off.

And since when was there a panel mediator? I didn't realize talking about a minor leaguer under this forum would get me a slap on the wrist. Nines is like Debbie Downer.

Well...just answer this simple question: Why would you start a new Jay Bruce thread when there is a lengthy and extensive Jay Bruce thread directly under yours on the main page? What's the point?

I like reading all of them, but it is just pointless to create another one. I'm not a mod, obviously, but I am just explaining why Debbie Downer is necessary here.

BUT, I suppose I am not helping my responding on your post. Oh well.

anyone in the local area have any inside information on his potential callup

GET HIM IN THERE!

My biggest concern is waiting too long and letting this hype get higher and higher, untill he does get called up and can't really live up to it. Braun was mashing but got moved up pretty quick. Longoria got the call pretty quick as well.

My biggest concern is waiting too long and letting this hype get higher and higher, untill he does get called up and can't really live up to it. Braun was mashing but got moved up pretty quick. Longoria got the call pretty quick as well.

This is a good point. If the Reds continue to struggle, Bruce's hype will only continue to soar. I think they are hoping that the Reds W-L will inflate to .500 and then bring him up to alleviate the pressure (don't continue the analogy with inflate, it ends at inflate) but this is a risk they are taking. Boy oh boy.

Well...just answer this simple question: Why would you start a new Jay Bruce thread when there is a lengthy and extensive Jay Bruce thread directly under yours on the main page? What's the point?

I like reading all of them, but it is just pointless to create another one. I'm not a mod, obviously, but I am just explaining why Debbie Downer is necessary here.

BUT, I suppose I am not helping my responding on your post. Oh well.

I didn't see a thread directly under mine. Sorry for the overkill. Just trying to get the hype going. I mean you see the guy just misses hitting for the cycle AND draws two walks - how do you not get excited??

June 1 is often mentioned, because it's a relatively safe date in avoiding super-2 status. The normal cut-off for Super starts to fall around this point (about in a week or so), but since the date changes each year based on the players, there's no certainty.

The Reds can recall Bruce, have him play CF, move Freel to the IF (2b?) and have Phillips at SS. I know they don't want Phillips' glove at SS, but it's an option. Or they can just bench Freel, which is fine since he's just a utility guy anyway. I don't see any trades happening soon.

Braun came up in late May, so it's not like Bruce can't match that. Besides, I think it's obvious that Cincinatti is just trying to avoid Super 2 status. If they wait 10 more days, they'd likely be fine. 14-20 more days and they'd really be okay.

I may be an idiot for asking... but what's super 2 status?

Jay Bruce could be a nice pickup and if when Griffey JR gets traded.

<h3 class="post-title"> Jocketty on Bruce, Griffey </h3>

Jay Bruce might be the hottest hitter on the planet. He went 3-for-3 with a double, triple and home run for Triple-A Lousville in an 11-6 win over Scranton today. He's hitting .667 with three home runs and nine RBI over his last five games. He's hitting .611 over his last 10 games.

Does it get the point where the Reds need to bring him up?

"The main thing is you've got to make sure you've got enough playing time," GM Walt Jocketty said. "I don't think we feel comfortable that we have the adequate playing time. At some point, we just have to do it. Believe me, it hasn't gone unnoticed. We have so many good left-handed hitting outfielders, we have to see what would be the best time to bring him up."

"At some point, you just do it."

An opening would obviously be created if the Reds traded Ken Griffey Jr. But for all the talk about that, nothing is even remotely close to happening.

"I've had no trade discussions," Jocketty said.

Jocketty has talked to Griffey about the situation. As a player with 10 years experience and five years tenure with his current club, Griffey must approve any trade.

"I've talked with him," Jocketty said. "Not knowing Junior that well, I wanted to make sure we had a line of communication open. He assured me that he'd like to play here and hopefully win a championship."

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/redsinsider/

Theres the link, just thought everyone might want an update about him.

Jay Bruce-OF- Reds May. 15 - 3:52 am et right_corner_player_news.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gif

Jay Bruce missed the cycle by a single Wednesday for Triple-A Louisville.

Bruce went 3-for-3 with two walks. The homer, his eighth of the year, came in his final at-bat. He's gone four straight games without striking out after whiffing 34 times in his first 35 games of the year.

Another Jay Bruce thread, please use the 'Search' function there are like 15-threads on him, plus this should be in the minor league forum.

Hidden
Another Jay Bruce thread, please use the 'Search' function there are like 15-threads on him, plus this should be in the minor league forum.

ROFL... ohh wow, yes, please make ever so sure to do a topic search, the appropriately string your comments to the old thread/s. Also please make sure to put comments on Jay Bruce in the minor league forum because he clearly has no relevance to the major leagues. Gotta be kidding me hall monitor.

I just checked this guys minor league stats, nice average, average power, almost nothing in stolen bases. With all the fuss over this guy I figured he must be a wicked power/speed combo guy. Then I find out he's just an "average" guy, lol, Big Whoop!

Yeah .300+ 30 HR hitters are worthless to both real life and fantasy teams.

Note, sarcasm.

Also, he stole 16 bases last yr in the minors I believe.

Hidden
ROFL... ohh wow, yes, please make ever so sure to do a topic search, the appropriately string your comments to the old thread/s. Also please make sure to put comments on Jay Bruce in the minor league forum because he clearly has no relevance to the major leagues. Gotta be kidding me hall monitor.

yes yes yes... the hall monitor took me down earlier this morning. what is the big deal with re-posting threads?? if the topic is fantasy relevant who cares how many times it's brought up or in what forum..

it's like unlucky nines has no control of his life and feels he can regain some of that control by telling people how to conduct themselves in an internet thread. cmon dude.. ease up

Lucky Nines is not an Administrator or a Moderator. He can comment quite correctly on Forum Protocol but cannot correct them.

Imminent Minor League Call-Up Threads do belong in this Forum. Obviously the Mod who moved the Big Thread- if it is moved, I didn't look- does not feel there is enough proof that Bruce's call-up is imminent and made the call to move it.

There ARE Rules about/against posting multiple Threads about the same athlete and upon the proper Forums in which to post them. There's no reason to disrespect a Member of these boards that points that out.

Lucky Nines is not an Administrator or a Moderator. He can comment quite correctly on Forum Protocol but cannot correct them.

Imminent Minor League Call-Up Threads do belong in this Forum. Obviously the Mod who moved the Big Thread- if it is moved, I didn't look- does not feel there is enough proof that Bruce's call-up is imminent and made the call to move it.

There ARE Rules about/against posting multiple Threads about the same athlete and upon the proper Forums in which to post them. There's no reason to disrespect a Member of these boards that points that out.

Thanks dude, appreciate it. I'm not trying to be a 'downer' just know that it can be quite tedious for the MODS to have to move/regulate numerous threads. The veteran members on this board have an understanding of this rule and a mutual respect for one another despite our differences in opinions on certain subjects.

amen to that tritonj9394

FYI, for the posters who replied to Nines - he was 100 percent correct, and trying to be constructive. All members, new & old, are welcome to the RW Forums. But, being a member also means you are agreeing to the Forum rules & CoC, and violating the CoC is not OK, whether you're new or old. As there is no clear callup time for Bruce listed, and it is only speculative, posts/threads are moved to the Minors Forum. Once a clear ETA is set forth, and is imminent (for example, Kershaw is listed by several sources as being considered for May 27, a firm date), topics are left in the main forum.

All of the above has been listed in the Forum Posting Rules FAQ; Nines was being constructive in his comments and trying to be helpful. For those who attacked Nines, warnings are being issued, and the offending posts have been rendered invisible - if you can't see your original reply, then you know who you are.

Please refer to the Code Of Conduct (CoC) & Forum Posting Rules FAQ to avoid similar episodes, as the Forums are meant to be enjoyed by all members, new & old, so long as they follow the CoC and Forum rules.

Carry on,

FYI, for the posters who replied to Nines - he was 100 percent correct, and trying to be constructive. All members, new & old, are welcome to the RW Forums. But, being a member also means you are agreeing to the Forum rules & CoC, and violating the CoC is not OK, whether you're new or old. As there is no clear callup time for Bruce listed, and it is only speculative, posts/threads are moved to the Minors Forum. Once a clear ETA is set forth, and is imminent (for example, Kershaw is listed by several sources as being considered for May 27, a firm date), topics are left in the main forum.

All of the above has been listed in the Forum Posting Rules FAQ; Nines was being constructive in his comments and trying to be helpful. For those who attacked Nines, warnings are being issued, and the offending posts have been rendered invisible - if you can't see your original reply, then you know who you are.

Please refer to the Code Of Conduct (CoC) & Forum Posting Rules FAQ to avoid similar episodes, as the Forums are meant to be enjoyed by all members, new & old, so long as they follow the CoC and Forum rules.

Carry on,

I was trying to say something like this. Somehow, in the transfer of the thread, I got screwed up and only got the quote in. Anyway, what RotoBronco said! B)

I just checked this guys minor league stats, nice average, average power, almost nothing in stolen bases. With all the fuss over this guy I figured he must be a wicked power/speed combo guy. Then I find out he's just an "average" guy, lol, Big Whoop!

Umm.. He's already got 7 SB's this season. Along with his 8 HR's, that's pretty impressive.