Impreza178

CJ Anderson 2017 season outlook

6 hours ago, Jaw1 said:

Both. It was a terrible game for the entire Broncos team. Siemien dug a hole for the team early with general struggles, and two first half picks (one when Denver was close to the red zone and the other was returned for a pick six). Thanks to this and a big 47yd run for Darkwa that led to a Engram score Giants were able to jump out to an early lead 17-0 lead in second quarter which forced Broncos to abandon the run and Siemien throw it 50 times (not a recipe for success). A majority of Darkwa's runs went for little to no gain but he cracked off multiple 10+ yarders which enabled Giants to really run the clock (time of possession was pretty even though). Broncos kicker missed two FG which didn't help keep the game closer.

Anderson played less than half the snaps with Booker and Charles splitting the rest. After throwing the first 3 downs on a 1st in goal from the Giant's 8 Anderson got a GL carry on a 4th and 1 but couldn't convert (it was close and Broncos challenged but ruling on field was upheld). Things should be better going forward but it looks like Anderson will take a major hit in games Broncos get behind in early (shouldn't happen often with their defense but the Giants would've been the last team you would've expected to do so). Sanders did suffer an ankle injury that will probably keep him out several weeks and Thomas missed some plays but came back later (he finally had a big game). The biggest concern I see going forward is teams stacking the box and forcing Siemien to beat them and that Anderson's snap count have gone down since Booker has been back (Anderson still gets the majority but it presents less opportunities for him). Not sure why they don't play Anderson more on 3rd downs (not sure what type of blocker he is) but he has decent hands.

Baking up what you said, it should be noted they had TWO 1st and goals that they chose to throw on 7 out of 8 plays. All plays, other than the run, were out of shotgun. 

Timeout #1 by DEN at 04:38.

1-10-NYG 10 (4:38) (Shotgun) 13-T.Siemian pass incomplete short left to 88-D. Thomas (57-K.Robinson).

2-10-NYG 10 (4:34) (Shotgun) 13-T.Siemian pass incomplete short left to 16-B.Fowler (24-E.Apple).

3-10-NYG 10 (4:29) (Shotgun) 13-T.Siemian pass incomplete short middle to 16-B.Fowler (93-B.Goodson).

4-10-NYG 10 (4:25) 8-B.McManus 28 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-42-C.Kreiter, Holder-9-R.Dixon.

NYG 10    DEN 3    Plays: 9    Possession: 3:06

1-8-NYG 8 (10:00) (Shotgun) 13-T.Siemian pass short middle to 88-D. Thomas to NYG 5 for 3 yards (93-B.Goodson).

2-5-NYG 5 (9:19) (Shotgun) 13-T.Siemian pass incomplete short middle to 87-J.Taylor (37-R.Cockrell).

3-5-NYG 5 (9:14) (Shotgun) 13-T.Siemian pass short middle to 16-B.Fowler to NYG 1 for 4 yards (37-R.Cockrell).

4-1-NYG 1 (8:30) 73-A.Barbre reported in as eligible. 22-C.Anderson right guard to NYG 1 for no gain (91-A.Moss). Denver challenged the short of the line to gain ruling, and the play was Upheld. The ruling on the field stands. (Timeout #1 at 08:23.)

and that catch the announcers were jizzing over by Booker reminded me of this one last year....

Edited by Sternes

4 minutes ago, hype said:

I cant lie, I'm hesitant to start him his week.

I'll give the entire team a pass from the Giants game, but if he falls flat on his face again this week, then I will be hesitant with him going forward.

I was super psyched to start him but now not so sure...OC said they're going to "go with the flow" at RB....I think he's a good start and all but there is some risk he loses touches and he is apparently super gamevscript dependent...it sucks, he should have a good game but there is a risk baked in which makes me consider starting other Alot of other players over him.   Do you think he's a must start over players leaving like idk:

Doug Martin 

davante adams 

thielin 

?? For example... I personally have some other options in a big matchup not sure I want to assume this new risky RB committee might fade to see what it looks like...am I overthinking a great matchup?

If you don't start him against this terrible run defense today then what's the point of rostering him?

9 minutes ago, mdw5048 said:

If you don't start him against this terrible run defense today then what's the point of rostering him?

Idk it depends what u need he plays at 4:25 so you could flex him out for someone 

24 minutes ago, mdw5048 said:

Denver O line appears to be banged up and the threat of booker & charles sharing snaps makes me wonder if my doug martin wouldn't be a better choice for my rb2.

Edited by egolam

If he doesn't get a heavy workload, I don't know what to say.  His one bad game was out of the bye where they seemed to phase him out for some unknown reason.  He has been very good as a starter this season so far.  This is a guy they DIDN'T let walk just a year ago to the Dolphins.

Last game was his first game with no receptions; it was also the first time he was below 4.0 YPC.   His snap count has been consistent until last week, hovering around 70%.

Week 1 69.6%

Week 2 72.7%

Week 3 70.0%

Week 4  68.8%

Week 5 Bye

Week 6 46.9%

CJ is also 26.  Booker is 25.  Charles turns 31 this season. 

In two losses this season, Anderson has averaged 9.5 touches per game and 30 total yards. In three wins, he's averaged 24.3 touches per game and 118 total yards.

7 minutes ago, Sternes said:

If he doesn't get a heavy workload, I don't know what to say.  His one bad game was out of the bye where they seemed to phase him out for some unknown reason.  He has been very good as a starter this season so far.  This is a guy they DIDN'T let walk just a year ago to the Dolphins.

Last game was his first game with no receptions; it was also the first time he was below 4.0 YPC.   His snap count has been consistent until last week, hovering around 70%.

Week 1 69.6%

Week 2 72.7%

Week 3 70.0%

Week 4  68.8%

Week 5 Bye

Week 6 46.9%

CJ is also 26.  Booker is 25.  Charles turns 31 this season. 

In two losses this season, Anderson has averaged 9.5 touches per game and 30 total yards. In three wins, he's averaged 24.3 touches per game and 118 total yards.

Good breakdown.   Some concern over the line injuries and the coaches wanting to get JC ramped up.   But overall I agree.  If Denver plays well CJ is likely to have a nice game. 

Got the majority like he should have.  Play calling and QB play is awful.  Seems to be his job still, so there is that.  Has a nice schedule, but a wasted game.

Siemian is such a s---y QB, a cancer on this team. With such a joke of a QB, this team is a dumpster fire.

Pretty crappy but seems like they realized he ain’t that bad on the last two drives 

I don't disagree he is the problem (Siemian).  Would rather make the risky throw than the easy one.  Playing well beyond himself.  I also don't understand the play calling.  Used to be a heavy play action team to keep them guessing.  Now, an awful lot of spread O for some reason.  A disturbing lack of screens as well.   They just lost to a team they had down in week 1 by what, 3 TDs at one point?  They had Siemian throw it 35 times. 

Edited by Sternes

At least it's not a problem with him losing carries, more like the entire offense is awful.

CJ ran the ball 5 times in the first half, twice on the first two plays.  He touched the ball twice in the first minute of the game, and three times in the next 29.

Once again I don't think his bad performance was his fault again but it is worrisome since Siemien's poor play and questionable play calling is becoming a pattern. How long before Paxton Lynch is healthy? Heck I may take Brock Osweiler over Siemien just to get a different look since I haven't liked what I've seen. DT needs to help him out some too that was a weak day for him. 

14 hours ago, Chwf3rd said:

At least it's not a problem with him losing carries, more like the entire offense is awful.

How has no one mentioned the offensive line?   Siemian couldn’t set his feet and make a pass once all day.   Not even on 3 step drops.   It killed the offense.   Hats off to Bosa, Ingram, and Co- they wreaked the game.  

Siemian is not the guy who can make a bad line look decent.    If you protect him he can make all the throws, if not- he won’t magically turn into Aaron Rodgers. 

Something has to be done about the line.   

10 hours ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

this performance is on simien. he's pretty pretty bad...

This. The o-line has its issues, but Siemian is pure garbage out there. Even the announcers were commenting about him holding onto the ball way too long. Played like a deer in the headlights

15 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

This. The o-line has its issues, but Siemian is pure garbage out there. Even the announcers were commenting about him holding onto the ball way too long. Played like a deer in the headlights

So it’s Brock time?  :blink:

doesnt matter who u put back there (short of a Rodgers) if you cant look downfield without gettting planted.    Would love to think Siemian could get something done but in these conditions it’s asking too much.   He’s mediocre

it was a speedway to the qb yesterday.  

Edited by Impreza178

14 hours ago, SamPayton said:

I'm done drafting RB's on bad teams. 

Wish you'd told me that when I drafted Mixon :(