elite

DeAndre Hopkins 2017 Season Outlook

13 hours ago, dashoe said:

The only criticism I have with his game is he pushes off too much to create separation when he doesnt need to. I 'm surprised the refs don't call that on him more than they do. 

My only thing with that is, if a defender puts his hands on him/grabs him, he should have the right to shed the defender. If the defender isn't putting hands on him, that's different.

13 hours ago, dashoe said:

The only criticism I have with his game is he pushes off too much to create separation when he doesnt need to. I 'm surprised the refs don't call that on him more than they do. 

I was saying the same thing about Antonio Brown and all the homers came to defend him with their "unbiased" excuses. He's a star and the league love it's stars....and offense.

On 12/19/2017 at 11:51 PM, dashoe said:

He attacks the ball better than most wr's so there really is no need to push off aside from letting the defender know u can physically dominate him.

He plays aggressive, it's one of the things that makes him a great player. His job is to catch the football and advance it down the field, as long as he's not being called for OPI's it's smart to keep doing what he's doing. 

Regardless of the outcome, Hopkins has been the brightest spot across my leagues. No other receiver offered this kind of consistency and production, especially with such a dynamic cast. I'm so happy I drafted you this year, thank you Nuk!!!

• Like 2

im torn cause i need him to do well but not do too well cause i'm going against him in my higher money league but i have him and is down by 10 in another. regardless...i've been grateful to own him. fell to me round 4, pick 45 and i knew i had bounce back value. 

He's so amazing... I don't wanna let him go.  That catch today was just absurd.

If I have a mid-round draft position next year I will absolutely take him in the 1st and be happy about it.

To be determined, but that catch did a lot of good things for him. 

Steal of the 4th round in my league. 

To me considering he had tom savage and tj Yates throwing him the ball, Hopkins had one of the greatest fantasy seasons for a wr ever. The consistency this guy showed with those bums throwing him the ball most of the season was truly amazing.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, mortman212 said:

Yup see you later, Julio, AJG, Beckham, This guy is the new NUMBER 2 BEST WR in the league.

This isn't new :).  And please, Julio doesn't belong with those other names.

Guy is special. People can look at his 2015 season and shouldn't be surprised he was able to produce like this in 2017 after Watson's injury.

If anything - just showed how AWFUL Osweiler was.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Don't laugh JSA2422. Some of us actually still play week 17 for some stupid reason :D

My league plays week 17, but our Super Bowl is week 16.  17 people are just playing for one last shot at the weekly high score pot.  I've found that it's a good way to keep all teams engaged throughout the year.  You can still win money weekly, even if your team sucks.

1 minute ago, biggquis said:

My league plays week 17, but our Super Bowl is week 16.  17 people are just playing for one last shot at the weekly high score pot.  I've found that it's a good way to keep all teams engaged throughout the year.  You can still win money weekly, even if your team sucks.

I play in a roto league where I'm currently in 1st, week 17 will determine if I can hold on. Lost AB,  Nuk Hopkins and now with teams resting Big Ben, Ajayi, Elliot, Martavis Bryant, and who knows who else!  I might quit next year and find another if they don't change it, CSB.