petekrum

Brandon Marshall 2017 Season Outlook

While there are a few landing spots, I'll guess Baltimore.

My darkhorse bet wager is wherever Cousins ends up... either Washington or SF.

• Like 2

I hope Mr. Brando comes to LA Rams!

• Like 1

Please New England Please New England Please New England....

OK, seriously though, I can think of a few teams who desperately need another WR:

- Bills -- Watkins, Woods, then a barren wasteland.

- Tampa Bay -- Try to win this year!  NFC South always seems to have a team right on the door, and I think TB is close.  Winston so desperately needs another target.

- Eagles -- Would fit well, but do they want to think longer term?

- Titans -- I'd try to get Cooks instead, to build long term

- 49ers -- I'd focus on other things

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Winky said:

Why go to a garbage team like the 49'ers? He told the Jets he wanted to go somewhere he can win.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Please New England Please New England Please New England....

OK, seriously though, I can think of a few teams who desperately need another WR:

- Bills -- Watkins, Woods, then a barren wasteland.

- Tampa Bay -- Try to win this year!  NFC South always seems to have a team right on the door, and I think TB is close.  Winston so desperately needs another target.

- Eagles -- Would fit well, but do they want to think longer term?

- Titans -- I'd try to get Cooks instead, to build long term

- 49ers -- I'd focus on other things

good list and i think as Winky said, i could no doubt see Snyder making a run at Marshall in Washington, and Balt makes a lot of sense to, IMO .  I doubt he would entertain the idea of heading to SF currently though.  The homer fan in me really wants to know what the money involved here could be, pot thought he lands in Dallas opposite Dez? :D

I think it certainly helps his dynasty/ff value (leaving the jets). Obv it will depend ultimately where he ends up, but I like him being able to pick his next QB/team and I think he will show he has plenty left in his age 33 season.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, petekrum said:

Why go to a garbage team like the 49'ers? He told the Jets he wanted to go somewhere he can win.

I see that point and did say darkhorse.

I agree that SF has some work to do, but there are some positives:

SF would have a new HC, a new QB, Marshall would be the WR1 and would get overpaid like it.

The division is winnable.

P.S. I would say anything to get away from the current Jets team (sorry Jet fans).

Whoever sign Marshall better be prepared for one good season and then a huge headache because that's all he's going to offer.  Could work for a team that needs to win now though.

Pretty simple...if he is still under contract to do Inside the NFL, he will stay on the NE coast, or retire.

Brandon Marshall is a locker room cancer.

You do not want him on your favorite team, especially with his age and diminishing production.

Drama Queen extraordinaire!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Winky said:

Good call on Baltimore.

I'd cut Wallace and sign Marshall to take his spot.  Use Perriman as the deep that option.  If I'm them I also resign Aiken to be the slot guy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, psygolf said:

Pretty simple...if he is still under contract to do Inside the NFL, he will stay on the NE coast, or retire.

Baltimore would be a good fit!

Word from reports is that Marshall requested the release so he could go to a contender.  I think he still has tons left in the tank, the Jets were just terrible last year, and you could tell the whole team just mailed it in.  I think he can go to a team as a #1 receiver and do well with competent QB play.  

I don't see the Eagles (who a lot of people have said) because I don't think the Eagles are contenders yet, and I see them going a younger route to grow with Wentz.  Same with Tennessee.  I see these 2 teams going hard after Alshon, Cooks, etc.

Baltimore seems like an amazing fit IMO.

4 hours ago, FlashGordon401 said:

NEW ENGLAND PLEASE

I'd love to see this

...so everyone can remember how dominant Randy Moss was.

9 hours ago, jmausen said:

Brandon Marshall is a locker room cancer.

You do not want him on your favorite team, especially with his age and diminishing production.

Drama Queen extraordinaire!

A bit unfair to call him a drama queen.

He is the perfect guy to have on a winning team. Vocal, leads by example, warrior on the field. But on a losing team, he'll annoy his team-mates. The Jets aren't a winning team this year, so releasing him makes sense.

If he goes to the right team - playoff bound, 10 wins a season type team - his production won't drop. Remember, he is freakishly fit and as athletic as he has ever been. Elite skill doesn't fade overnight. It's all a question of whether his head is still in it. 

• Like 4

If he goes to the Ravens or another similar situation he'll have a nice bounce back year, barring injury~90/1200/10. The guy is still a freaking horse. Just needs the right locker room and consistent QB play with a franchise that has a chance to contend.

Edited by pikerbkb

On 3/3/2017 at 6:51 PM, predator_05 said:

A bit unfair to call him a drama queen.

He is the perfect guy to have on a winning team. Vocal, leads by example, warrior on the field. But on a losing team, he'll annoy his team-mates. The Jets aren't a winning team this year, so releasing him makes sense.

If he goes to the right team - playoff bound, 10 wins a season type team - his production won't drop. Remember, he is freakishly fit and as athletic as he has ever been. Elite skill doesn't fade overnight. It's all a question of whether his head is still in it. 

2014 Bears Locker room rants:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/chicago-bears-ugly-locker-room-yelling-brandon-marshall-kyle-long-miami-dolphins-101914

This was after just a 3-4 start.  More arguing the rest of the season.  He quit on the team .  The Bears cut him.

2016 Jets locker room:

http://nesn.com/2016/12/brandon-marshall-reportedly-ticked-off-jets-teammates-with-halftime-rant/

More of the same.  Released again.

If you want TO BE A CONTENDER.  You absolutely DO NOT WANT THIS CANCER IN YOUR LOCKER ROOM!!!

"Drama Queen" is entirely his doing and 1000000% appropriate!

2 hours ago, jmausen said:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/chicago-bears-ugly-locker-room-yelling-brandon-marshall-kyle-long-miami-dolphins-101914

This was after just a 3-4 start.  More arguing the rest of the season.  He quit on the team .  The Bears cut him.

2016 Jets locker room:

http://nesn.com/2016/12/brandon-marshall-reportedly-ticked-off-jets-teammates-with-halftime-rant/

If you want TO BE A CONTENDER.  You absolutely DO NOT WANT THIS CANCER IN YOUR LOCKER ROOM!!!

'just' a 3-4 start? They had a horrible performance and hadn't won a single game at home. the Jets had lost 41-3 to the Patriots, it was the worst performance i have ever seen. His rage was perfectly warranted in those situations; the fans felt exactly the same way. How come he never blows up when his teams are winning?

See, unlike most of the pampered 'yung-blood' journeymen that occupy locker rooms nowadays, Marshall actually gives a s---. He cares about winning, and he isn't afraid to drag guys that are slacking off. That is leadership. A drama queen is someone that constantly wants the spotlight for themselves, even when they are winning - team results are secondary. Marshall just wants to win and he always wants everyone to match his intensity and desire. The worst you can say about him is that he is a very sore loser. His competitiveness is unquestioned; its the reason why he is still a beast at 33.

He deserves better than the Jets, and i say this as a Jets fan. Our locker room has too many soft, unprofessional guys and it shows on the field. I'd take a one-legged Marshall over 100 unprofessional slobs like Sheldon Richardson.

I hope he finds the right team and balls t.f. out.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, jmausen said:

2016 Jets locker room:

Bless.

On 3/3/2017 at 11:57 AM, 96mnc said:

Good call on Baltimore.

I'd cut Wallace and sign Marshall to take his spot.  Use Perriman as the deep that option.  If I'm them I also resign Aiken to be the slot guy.

I'm not sure I'd trust Perriman to stay healthy.  I'd keep all of those guys if I could.  If you have the size of Marshall and Perriman along with the speed of Wallace and Aiken, some DB is going to be in a horrible mismatch.