elite

Carlos Hyde 2017 Season Outlook

It's not a bad question. If Shanahan screws me in one league by benching or limiting Hyde, I may double down in the other league and try to buy low.

Edited by Boudewijn

This thread is funny. Everyone so far off about what's gonna happen. If the rumors are true about Hyde, he is not going to be starting today and he is not going to receive 50% of the carries. He also is not going to get traded to the Packers (laughable). 

Open your eyes, people. Mostly likely it would be Seattle or Baltimore. 

8:29 am

per Adam Schefter

'There has been speculation that the 49ers could trade running back Carlos Hyde, but the team hasn't had any trade talks involving him and does not plan to have any, according to a team source.'

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21029031/san-francisco-49ers-had-agreement-trade-navorro-bowman-new-orleans-saints

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

This thread is funny. Everyone so far off about what's gonna happen. If the rumors are true about Hyde, he is not going to be starting today and he is not going to receive 50% of the carries. He also is not going to get traded to the Packers (laughable). 

Baltimore ... i can see Harbaugh calling Harbaugh, and Harbaugh vouching for Hyde to Harbaugh , and then Harbaugh makes the move

Image result for harbaugh brothers

6 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Why would SF trade him to a division rival like Seattle?

15 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

If they thought he was good, why would they be actively shopping him? 

14 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

I don't think an0-5 team trying to rebuild would really care about division rival or not if they get the right price in exchange.

Either way I don't think seatlle would take him.

I think the biggest problem with Hyde is week to week uncertainty on usage. Which makes him a sit for me even if he does start. Shanny needs to stop the coach speak. It's bizzarre that he only focuses on creating uncertainty with his rb

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I think the biggest problem with Hyde is week to week uncertainty on usage. Which makes him a sit for me even if he does start. Shanny needs to stop the coach speak. It's bizzarre that he only focuses on creating uncertainty with his rb

Do I really have to start McGuire over Hyde?  I'm really starting to hate the niners.  This whole Hyde situation is bizarre.  I've never had to sit a player due to trade speculation.

From Shefter ESPN's article on the Bowman (which confirms that the Niners had a trade arranged, but agreed to release Bowman instead so he could pick the team he wanted to transition to):

There has been speculation that the 49ers could trade running back Carlos Hyde, but the team hasn't had any trade talks involving him and does not plan to have any, according to a team source.

The trade stuff is tough to write off, but the panic this week reminds me of Jordan Howard in week 2.  This entire forum was resigned to the fact that Cohen was the only back of value in Chicago. Howard's averaged 90 yds and a TD in the three games since.  

I'm not thrilled about how last week went, but until there is a report that he will be limited or benched, I'm rolling with him.  He's 8th in the league in yds, tied for 11th in TDs, and for RBs with 30+ touches, he's 11th in yards per carry.  Still 12th in points in my PPR league.  That's tough to replace.  Wish I still had Breida for some security, but no way I'm benching Hyde without solid news.

If we see a repeat of last week's split, then it's time for some soul searching.

9 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

From Shefter ESPN's article on the Bowman (which confirms that the Niners had a trade arranged, but agreed to release Bowman instead so he could pick the team he wanted to transition to):

There has been speculation that the 49ers could trade running back Carlos Hyde, but the team hasn't had any trade talks involving him and does not plan to have any, according to a team source.

Read between the lines, sounds more like they released him because they couldnt get a trade executed and they had to do it before they took a bigger hit on the cap for next season, not that 'respect' nonsesne they are spinning in the news.

So you have to assume they were shopping Hyde since the draft and they can't get a trade done and they can't release him because their high draft pick is on IR

Just now, Boudewijn said:

Yeah, good point. Erm, what?

a bunch of nonsense posts --- speculating about this or that

Hyde is still in SF -- so you start him .. or if you are lucky like that one poster who has Bell & Gordon

at this time Elliot is suspended the Cowboys are on bye ... we all know it is either Morris/DMC or Smith could be all three one or two or none of the above

13 minutes ago, suburbanguk said:

The trade stuff is tough to write off, but the panic this week reminds me of Jordan Howard in week 2.  This entire forum was resigned to the fact that Cohen was the only back of value in Chicago. Howard's averaged 90 yds and a TD in the three games since.  

I'm not thrilled about how last week went, but until there is a report that he will be limited or benched, I'm rolling with him.  He's 8th in the league in yds, tied for 11th in TDs, and for RBs with 30+ touches, he's 11th in yards per carry.  Still 12th in points in my PPR league.  That's tough to replace.  Wish I still had Breida for some security, but no way I'm benching Hyde without solid news.

If we see a repeat of last week's split, then it's time for some soul searching.

How dare you bring reasonable rationale and logic into this stellar thread!

Praying for a trade. This guy is going to blow up if he goes to a halfway decent team. I'll take a 0 from him this week for that to happen!

1 minute ago, SamPayton said:

Praying for a trade. This guy is going to blow up if he goes to a halfway decent team. I'll take a 0 from him this week for that to happen!

Eagles or redskins. I need this

18 minutes ago, suburbanguk said:

Yep just like the Murray scare w Henry. It's probably just that. Rumor.

15 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Read between the lines, sounds more like they released him because they couldnt get a trade executed and they had to do it before they took a bigger hit on the cap for next season, not that 'respect' nonsesne they are spinning in the news.

So you have to assume they were shopping Hyde since the draft and they can't get a trade done and they can't release him because their high draft pick is on IR

No need to read between any lines.  The trade being in place for Bowman is being reported as a fact.  

Also, "assume" what you will about Hyde.  People have been way off in their assumptions about Hyde since preseason, when they were sure Hyde would be cut because Shanahan pounded the table for Williams.   Lynch and Shanahan told the media otherwise, but everyone preferred to make assumptions and read between the lines than listen to their response.

As homers for competing teams, feel free to bash away at the new Niner regime.  Real football isn't fake football, so their decisions will frustrate us at times, that is for sure.  But one thing has been proven so far with both Lynch and Shanahan.  They are probably the only GM/Coach combo in the league that is both honest in the info they share, and in total lock step with each other.  That may all change as they get more experienced in their roles, but for now, there hasn't been a single proven instance to the contrary.

Those are the facts.

Edited by Rolling Thunder

@Rolling Thunder - let's talk strictly magick foosbsll for a second ... how do you feel about Hyde today vs. Washington? 

(btw, i agree w/all you say about Shanny/Lynch - they are gonna be formidable)

thanks, i'll hang up and listen ...