IlliniGuy76

Jordan Howard 2017 Season Outlook

This Chicago team is so bad. I don't understand how Howard even gets the point he does sometimes. The offensive line gets no push and opens no holes. Started Howard 4 weeks in a row and gave me duds sat him last week he goes off. Put him back in my starting line up another dud against an easy run opponent. What is wrong with this team they just look incompetent 

2 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

Who didn't see this coming 😂😐

Me. I expected more. Oh well, off to a slow start. But not as bad as last week when Kamara left tnf with a concussion. 

Very happy benching this guy despite the high expectations. 

Pure boom or bust player, no grey areas.

5 minutes ago, iKauai said:

Very happy benching this guy despite the high expectations. 

Pure boom or bust player, no grey areas.

Benched him for who?

Had 3 solid gains negated by penalties. Would have had about 90 total yards. 

Really frustrating that the Bears were throwing in the RZ instead of giving it to you Howard. 

Thoughts on Howard this week?

- an extra day of rest from having played on Saturday

- home favorite (-6.5 pts), so there should be a positive game script

- 26 degrees with 10-15 mph winds

- Cleveland does have a good run defense though, although they do seem to be a bit more generous when playing on the road...and for various reasons, Howard had great games (140+ yards rushing each time) against the other three AFC North teams that he has faced.

23 minutes ago, irvnasty said:

I feel like he must get a touchdown against Cleveland. No way they don't get some short fields, right?

Maybe but they feel the need to throw often inside the 5. 

16 hours ago, cnewbykkn said:

Maybe but they feel the need to throw often inside the 5. 

Yeah, that's the concern. Also the Browns allowing only 3.30 ypc. Howard was born to run inside in the NFL, and makes the best use of inside blocking of any RB in the league IMO. But the inside blocking has deteriorated massively with the injuries.

I think he needs the touchdown. He'll probably get a couple cracks at it, but who knows what happens when he does?

It seems like no one is talking about him this week, but he's right in the mid-RB2 range in most rankings. I'm not sure if I can start him, even in this game where he shouldn't be game scripted out. I'm starting a WR or QB (M. Brant/DT/Shepard/Foles) over him in the OP spot (PPR).

6 hours ago, mhavens said:

It seems like no one is talking about him this week, but he's right in the mid-RB2 range in most rankings. I'm not sure if I can start him, even in this game where he shouldn't be game scripted out. I'm starting a WR or QB (M. Brant/DT/Shepard/Foles) over him in the OP spot (PPR).

Yeah I’m thinking the same. WR would be smart. May throw in Gordon.

15 hours ago, WillyG said:

Yeah I’m thinking the same. WR would be smart. May throw in Gordon.

I'm not sure. Looks like a bit of snow. I assume this would heavily favor the running backs. I am thinking of putting him at flex over Funchess. I think it is likely he sees more than 25 carries. My only issue is i dont trust Fox to give him normal and expected usage.

Just now, PizzaBeerFF said:

I'm not sure. Looks like a bit of snow. I assume this would heavily favor the running backs. I am thinking of putting him at flex over Funchess. I think it is likely he sees more than 25 carries. My only issue is i dont trust Fox to give him normal and expected usage.

I have no choice at this point. Gordon is too risky. I’m going with the guys who got me here.

18 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

You guys have First world problems... this guy is my RB1 this week. 😔

Had second pick this year and was able to grab Bell. Drake has taken over Howard’s spot as of late. 

6 minutes ago, WillyG said:

Had second pick this year and was able to grab Bell. Drake has taken over Howard’s spot as of late. 

I'm surprised Howard lasted until the end of the 2nd round, assuming that's where you got him if you had second pick.

12 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I'm surprised Howard lasted until the end of the 2nd round, assuming that's where you got him if you had second pick.

Surprisingly he did, was a funky draft. Which in turn I had a tough time with Baldwin and Cooks this year. Definitely rethinking my strategy for next year. 

No reason to believe he doesn't have a productive game as a result of the snow in Chicago and (likely) positive game-script, but it's not like Howard has been a guy whose performances have followed any sort of logic this year.

Unreliability is the reason that this will be the first time I bench him this year.  I'm sure it's going to come back to bite me (had him last year and watched him score 25 points against Minny while on my bench) but I just can't rationalize starting him this week over any of my other RBs (Kamara, Drake, Lewis, Hunt).  

But if it came down to it, I'd be very confident with him in my starting line-up this week.

Edited by PugLife