IlliniGuy76

Jordan Howard 2017 Season Outlook

Just now, taobball said:

Howard hurt himself in the game and Tarik had big plays that took away opportunities that is repeatable to SOME extent, but its the first game of the season and Howard's got a shoulder injury from the game. I definitely think you just don't have nearly as good of a grasp on this team as you think you do. Every one including Fox knows that a big jordan Howard day gives us the best chance to win a football game. He'll have every opportunity to have those in plenty of games this year if they don't turn the ball over four times in a half

Good luck with that!

Id like to see the championship percentages of the people who spent a late first/early second round pick on this bozo. I'm guessing they'll all have a common theme. Ty Montgomery or Kareem Hunt taken as the RB2. 

3 minutes ago, Experienced Rookie said:

Good luck with that!

Id like to see the championship percentages of the people who spent a late first/early second round pick on this bozo. I'm guessing they'll all have a common theme. Ty Montgomery or Kareem Hunt taken as the RB2. 

Beats spending a first overall on DJ

Just now, bhawks489 said:

Beats spending a first overall on DJ

Depends how you look at it. The DJ owners don't have to put a player into their RB1 slot who gives them one point. They just put their dude on the IR.

The injury is a concern but wasn't the matchup pretty bad? Most of Howard's runs are inside where tb is strong defensively.

19 hours ago, Chwf3rd said:

This was by far the most obvious avoid the entire offseason

Did you post this here before the season? If so, kudos.

5 hours ago, ellie826 said:

The injury is a concern but wasn't the matchup pretty bad? Most of Howard's runs are inside where tb is strong defensively.

Spot on! That was a terrible matchup for Howard

Exhale...For now folks

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/bears-jordan-howard-shoulders-good-tarik-cohen-can-make-me-better/

Running back Jordan Howard injured his right shoulder in the first half of the Bears’ opener before he scored his only touchdown of the season.

One day after leaving the Bears’ second game in a sling, Howard said his shoulder was fine.

“My shoulder, I’m good, I’m good,” Howard said Monday, speaking to the media for the first time since the regular season began.

he said he's good which makes me think he's not. also said “It could open up things for me because they’ll be paying attention to him". that doesn't sit well. 

8 minutes ago, yanki01 said:

he said he's good which makes me think he's not. also said “It could open up things for me because they’ll be paying attention to him". that doesn't sit well. 

Huh?  

11 minutes ago, Chase4181 said:

Huh?  

regarding the story link above. to me he's making excuses. hopefully he's really OK but i feel like he's making an excuse (although a bad offense).

Even if he was fully healthy I'd be nervous starting him against Pittsburgh run defense this week.  Not sure I can find any better options on my bench/WW though.

After the stinker he just put up he's going to have to earn his way back into my lineup. If he blows up on my bench so be it. I'll be starting Abdullah, Henry, or Carson. 

1 minute ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

After the stinker he just put up he's going to have to earn his way back into my lineup. If he blows up on my bench so be it. I'll be starting Abdullah, Henry, or Carson. 

This is my thought as well.  I will be rolling with Cohen over Howard until Howard is over his shoulder injury or he returns to form.

Howard led all RBs in drops last season.

He dropped game-winning TD in Week 1.

He saw 1 target in Week 2 and dropped it.

Drops are overrated ... until they start costing you opportunities. Tarik Cohen leads Bears in targets by a margin of 6 through 2 games.

Kyle Long looks like he will be back this week that's huge news for us Howard owners 

Long being back is huge 

If this injury doesn't linger we are in good shape. Might be a 3rd or 4th pick now instead of a 2nd, but healthy howard will return value

I forget what percent of runs Howard ran inside but it was a really high number. How is Pittsburgh interior line?

Howard's increasing number of dropped passes undoubtedly carved out a role for Cohen as the pass catching back. Howard will still be the hammer in this offense and will see better weeks. Cohen said in an interview on Sirius XM that his skill set was being kept hush hush throughout the pre-season  so that he could be unleashed to surprise the Falcons in week one. Game flow and the shoulder injury didn't help his cause in week two. If Long is back, I think we will see a more accurate representation of how Howard and Cohen will function in the backfield moving forward.

If Howard plays I think he does quite well this week, as long as Glennon doesn't go full on nuclear again.  PITT has been awful giving up runs so far this year, so there is hope.  As mentioned game flow went into the tank last week with Cohen's idiotic fumble inside the 10 and Glennon's picks all within about 10 minutes.  At 26-0 their offense had no shot, and TB just tee'd off on Glennon and his check down and first read offense.  With M. Wheaton potentially back this week, it adds a speed option for the offense, if nothing else to literally stretch the field somehow.  The Bears D can keep the game close, and PITT on the road is a shell of themselves.

Jordan Howard is no longer on the Bears' Week 3 injury report.
Howard was "limited" in early-week practices, but he returned for a full session on Friday and should start against the Steelers. Howard has devolved into a touchdown-or-bust RB2 with Tarik Cohen out-snapping him in the Bears' backfield. Sep 22 - 3:00 PM

On 9/21/2017 at 7:51 AM, yaw62 said:

If Howard plays I think he does quite well this week, as long as Glennon doesn't go full on nuclear again.  PITT has been awful giving up runs so far this year, so there is hope.  As mentioned game flow went into the tank last week with Cohen's idiotic fumble inside the 10 and Glennon's picks all within about 10 minutes.  At 26-0 their offense had no shot, and TB just tee'd off on Glennon and his check down and first read offense.  With M. Wheaton potentially back this week, it adds a speed option for the offense, if nothing else to literally stretch the field somehow.  The Bears D can keep the game close, and PITT on the road is a shell of themselves.

PITT has been awful giving up runs?  They've given up a total of 148 yards rushing through their first two games, doesn't seem awful to me. I really want to start Howard with some confidence this week, especially given the recent news he's been removed from their injury list, but this matchup still seems to favor Cohen more than Howard.

27 minutes ago, NinerLifer said:

PITT has been awful giving up runs?  They've given up a total of 148 yards rushing through their first two games, doesn't seem awful to me. I really want to start Howard with some confidence this week, especially given the recent news he's been removed from their injury list, but this matchup still seems to favor Cohen more than Howard.

Teams cannot stack the box with Glennon or they will get burned by Wheaton, Bellamy and...

hahahaha just kidding.

He's off the injury report which is a nice start - hopefully the shoulder injury is behind him and he gets a good number of touches this week.  They are at home so I don't think it will be a blow-out.

Long is back but Sitton looks to be out.