89Topps

Jacob deGrom 2017 Outlook

36 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

i want the yankees to trade for degrom in the offseason

then he wins the ALCY while the Mets have everyone go on the DL again

• Like 2

Buckle up ladies and gents. This could get interesting.

Ratios are already screwed this week so no reason not to start him. It's normal for pitchers to have ebbs and flows but something seems out of wack.

1 minute ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

Yeah, 8Ks through 5 is terrible.

Started out god awful. Good that he's turned it around today but it doesn't matter how many people he K's if he's consistently missing his spots each start. He's not going to give elite production with that recipe.

• Like 1

Another day where he was all over the place early (particularly with the fastball today), but then locked in after some damage was done.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ktierne3 said:

Started out god awful. Good that he's turned it around today but it doesn't matter how many people he K's if he's consistently missing his spots each start. He's not going to give elite production with that recipe.

Talking about today only. 10k through 6. Looks fine. 

• Like 1

Pretty satisfied with the start today.  Yeah, he was obviously a mess early, but he turned it around right away.  After he walked the lead-off guy in the 2nd, his line was 5 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0, BB, 8 K.  People want to just focus on the bad part of an otherwise very solid start for whatever reason, even though he should have gotten the win today too.  Don't get me wrong, he's been frustrating of late, but he still went out there and ended up pitching pretty good today honestly.

• Like 2

Two good starts in a row now.  He was in command pretty much the whole game after putting two on in the first.  No issues with the mechanics throughout the start at all, which was something I watched just as much as anything else in the game.

Nice total for this season, but sadly set his career high tonight in Wins with 15.

REALLY need deGrom to have a big game. He has faced the Nationals four times this season. He has allowed 7 ER in 27.4 innings for a 2.30 ERA. Please don't let this start be a clunker.

Edited by Fuzzy_Slippers

I really think he will turn out another pretty good game today.  The win will be extremely difficult though going up against Scherzer, but I will be happy as long as deGrom pitches really good.

11 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

REALLY need deGrom to have a big game. He has faced the Nationals four times this season. He has allowed 7 ER in 27.4 innings for a 2.30 ERA. Please don't let this start be a clunker.

Man I coulda used this start last week. Currently battling for 3rd place, and he's throwing a great game!

Unfortunately he was going up against Scherzer today, but deGrom pitched really good.  I didn't really expect a Win since the Mets are the Mets and obviously they weren't going to score much against Max.  Oh well, at least deGrom is finishing the season on a high note after that rough patch.

done for year with gastroenteritis 

sucks if you are in the championship and in a really close pitching battle.

good year on a crappy team jacob....i hope the yankees trade for you :)

• Like 1

The baseball gods must have overlooked the fact deGrom was going to be the only mets pitcher to make every start this season and in a panicked move gave him diarrhea. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

The baseball gods must have overlooked the fact deGrom was going to be the only mets pitcher to make every start this season and in a panicked move gave him diarrhea. 

Either that or the Drano prescription from Mr. Met MD worked wonders. 

3 hours ago, DidiFan said:

Either that or the Drano prescription from Mr. Met MD worked wonders. 

Yeah I'm going too with the Mets Medical Staff wanting to maintain their perfect record of messing up starters one way or the other this season.  They almost let deGrom slip past them this season.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

their medical staff  probably cooked him bad/tainted food

• Like 2

Jacob DeGrom: Gee, I feel like a million bucks. Definitely ready to go out and pitch a CGSO during a tight matchup of fantasy playoffs.

Mets medical staff: Somebody give this man some salmonella, IMMEDIATELY!

...I'm never drafting a Mets pitcher again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ktierne3 said:

Jacob DeGrom: Gee, I feel like a million bucks. Definitely ready to go out and pitch a CGSO during a tight matchup of fantasy playoffs.

Mets medical staff: Somebody give this man some salmonella, IMMEDIATELY!

...I'm never drafting a Mets pitcher again.

mets should look to trade degrom, they could get a ton

22 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

mets should look to trade degrom, they could get a ton

I think they should too. He's in the prime of his career get as much as you can for him now. I just don't think this Met team as constructed is going to win a whole lot of games. Mets would be silly not to at least listen to offers. 

• Like 1