Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elemenohpee

MLB.tv deals 2017

The Oswalt vs. Lincecum matchup drove me to buy MLB TV and I think I already got my 15 dollars worth...I dont know why I didnt do this sooner...I would prefer it if DishNetwaork hadnt been out of hand, but this is still a good thing.

I may not leave the house the next couple of days...LOL

The Oswalt vs. Lincecum matchup drove me to buy MLB TV and I think I already got my 15 dollars worth...I dont know why I didnt do this sooner...

I may not leave the house the next couple of days...LOL

Haha, funny you say that because I bought MLB TV to watch Lincecum's second start against Colorado. And now I can watch TV during class!

I've got mixed feelings on MLB.TV. Only recently have I been able to watch games without constant interruptions in the live streaming video. IMO, don't waste your time with Mosaic. Way too many glitches. Most of the touted features don't work. The most disappointing thing about MLB.TV is the local blackout restriction.

I've got mixed feelings on MLB.TV. Only recently have I been able to watch games without constant interruptions in the live streaming video. IMO, don't waste your time with Mosaic. Way too many glitches. Most of the touted features don't work. The most disappointing thing about MLB.TV is the local blackout restriction.

I bought it at the beginning of the season and have a (maybe not so secret) tip to pass along. For those of you who use a Mac and Safari, you should be given a preference to have the MLB player open on it's MLB media player page, or the option to have it open in a QT window. If you change it to always open in the QT player, then you can option "F" the player to go full screen. I often watch games on my computer in this mode and if you sit a few feet away (to over look the slightly blurry image) it's like your watching TV). Here's the real tip, if you purchase the basic package, you can still watch a few games at once (through the QT option). Click on the MLB page to view the game you want to see, once a QT window opens and plays the game you selected, then you can open the MLB page again and click another game which will then open another QT player, and whala, another game. You need a strong high speed connection or it they will pause, or one will. I'm sure anyone from MLB who reads this will surely try to correct this glitch, oh well...

The blackout restrictons are the doings of the MLB and the Commissioners Office.

Even those who subscribe to MLB extra innings on Cable and Directv have to deal with this issue.

Tx

would anyone give there passwords for MLB tv? im 2 cheap to buy it myself

I bought it at the beginning of the season and have a (maybe not so secret) tip to pass along. For those of you who use a Mac and Safari, you should be given a preference to have the MLB player open on it's MLB media player page, or the option to have it open in a QT window. If you change it to always open in the QT player, then you can option "F" the player to go full screen. I often watch games on my computer in this mode and if you sit a few feet away (to over look the slightly blurry image) it's like your watching TV). Here's the real tip, if you purchase the basic package, you can still watch a few games at once (through the QT option). Click on the MLB page to view the game you want to see, once a QT window opens and plays the game you selected, then you can open the MLB page again and click another game which will then open another QT player, and whala, another game. You need a strong high speed connection or it they will pause, or one will. I'm sure anyone from MLB who reads this will surely try to correct this glitch, oh well...

Thank you very much, my friend. B) I didn't know that! I appreciate that as a Mac user!

would anyone give there passwords for MLB tv? im 2 cheap to buy it myself

Yeah right, buddy! The first thing we want to do is pull that type of BS, piss off Major League Baseball, and have a lawsuit against us. They can track IP addresses believe it or not. So......probably not your wisest move. Besides...its only $15 a month and as far as I'm concerned worth every penny.

"No Soup For You!"

I think it is great but I have one major complaint about it. All of the advertisements that are out there say "watch your favorite team all year long with MLB tv". The only problem is that if your favorite team is in the area you live in most likely you will b eblocked out from those games. For example, I live in NY and I am a Mets fan. I wanted to buy MLB TV because I do a lot of traveling and I want to be able ot watch Mets games. When I was signing up I checked my zip code and it said that the Mets games would be blocked out fo rmy account. The stupid thing about this is that if you use another address that is outside of the blackout area for your team you can watch that team. For example, my friend lives in Boston so if I use his account I can watch the Mets games because his zip code is not in NY. This makes absolutely no sense! So much for being able to watch your favorite team.

Living in the UK, I thankfully dont have blackout issues - although that pacman really bugs me

Best $120 I'll spend in a year

I can't believe theres a baseball fan to tight not to spend $15 a month.

Living in the UK, I thankfully dont have blackout issues - although that pacman really bugs me

Best $120 I'll spend in a year

I can't believe theres a baseball fan to tight not to spend $15 a month.

I never thought about the zip code issue... that was one of the reasons I bought the internet package was for travelling on the road - which I'm about to do. It never occurred to me... especially since I'll be overseas for awhile - DAMN!!

Another thing I didn't realize until it happened, is that games on the weekends are not shown period before 7pm on Saturday and after 7pm on Sunday - Something like that - the deal they made with networks.

and to add... anyone dumb enough to give a password to someone else is a major idiot. Not only will you be unable to watch games cause someone else is logged on when you are, but it's just wrong. Finding a loophole is one thing, but flat out stealing is another.

could you give them a different zip code? like something in colorado ill never watch a rockies game anyway

I split my account with a couple other friends of mine. It's only about $30 apiece then, and I don't think there's a problem with being logged in at the same time.

Also, I think the blackouts are based on your billing zip code, so you can't really lie. I'm a brewers fan in Chicago, so it doesn't affect me too much, but I still think the blackouts are ridiculous.

I think it is great but I have one major complaint about it. All of the advertisements that are out there say "watch your favorite team all year long with MLB tv". The only problem is that if your favorite team is in the area you live in most likely you will b eblocked out from those games. For example, I live in NY and I am a Mets fan. I wanted to buy MLB TV because I do a lot of traveling and I want to be able ot watch Mets games. When I was signing up I checked my zip code and it said that the Mets games would be blocked out fo rmy account. The stupid thing about this is that if you use another address that is outside of the blackout area for your team you can watch that team. For example, my friend lives in Boston so if I use his account I can watch the Mets games because his zip code is not in NY. This makes absolutely no sense! So much for being able to watch your favorite team.

Had my little bro who lives in Omaha pay for the account. Omaha is too far away for any blackout subscriptions. They base the blockin the the zip code of the credit card that paid for the account.

Had my little bro who lives in Omaha pay for the account. Omaha is too far away for any blackout subscriptions. They base the blockin the the zip code of the credit card that paid for the account.

Hmm, that's not what they did with mine. I live in NC but my billing address is in FL (my parents's house) and I'm blacked out of Orioles and Nationals games.

smart man - I will do that next year.

The blackout is determined by your IP address. I'm from the UK and I let a friend use my account to try and watch a Jays game that wasn't on TV in Canada and it didn't work, but he could watch any other game

Those crooks!!

Hello to all. This would be my first post but I have been a long time lurker here. :)

I am from Las Vegas (no MLB team here...duh!) and I just bought MLB.TV yesterday. To my surprise, there were several teams that are included in my blackout list namely the Padres, Angels, Dodgers, Diamondbacks, Giants, and the Athletics (my team).

I think it is just retarded that a city that doesn't have an MLB team has a ton of blackout teams!! In addition, I typed in the zip code for Reno, Nevada which is WAY closer to the Coliseum in Oakland and SBC Park in SF compared to Las Vegas and Dodger Stadium and it shows that no teams are in their blackout list. It's a good thing that I just bout the monthly subscription. I probably wouldn't renew it for next month.

I think Selig just hates Vegas. B)

That is actually untrue. The Kansas City Royal's games are blacked out in Omaha. This doesn't bother me too horribly though considering I'm a Cardinals fan. It obviously doesn't seem to bother you or your brother either. And if I ever actually desire to watch Royal's games, well over 2/3 of them are on our Fox Sports Midwest anyway.

That is actually untrue. The Kansas City Royal's games are blacked out in Omaha. This doesn't bother me too horribly though considering I'm a Cardinals fan. It obviously doesn't seem to bother you or your brother either. And if I ever actually desire to watch Royal's games, well over 2/3 of them are on our Fox Sports Midwest anyway.

Guess I never happend upon a Royals game. Thats crazy though, KC is 3/12 - 4 hours away. Makes no sense at all.

Guess I never happend upon a Royals game. Thats crazy though, KC is 3/12 - 4 hours away. Makes no sense at all.

The closest MLB park to me is over 3 hours away and I'm blacked out from 4 teams. I've had it for several years and up until this season about 75% of the games that were supposed to be blacked out came through fine, but this year it's been fixed. MLB blackout restrictions are absolutely ridiculous. I'm a Cubs fan, but get the Reds and Cards games on my cable package, no cable or satellite in my area offers Comcast Sports Chicago (the channel that shows the majority of the Cubs games) and I'm blacked out from getting them on EI or MLB.TV. Thanks to MLB it's impossible for me to watch the majority of my teams games and it baffles me how someone could tell me this is good for business. If I could get the Cubs on EI I'd buy it in a second, but I'm not going to get it if I can't get my teams games. They should at least fix it so that if you have no way to get the games locally through your cable or satellite company you can get them through EI or MLB.TV. The way it's set up shuts out a large amount of fans, many who would be more than willing to pay the $160 for EI or the $120 for MLB.TV, so again I fail to see how they can believe this is good for business. Simply put, if you can't get a teams game through your cable or satellite provider, you shouldn't be blacked out, making it impossible for fans to pay to watch their favorite teams is just bad business!

I never thought about the zip code issue... that was one of the reasons I bought the internet package was for travelling on the road - which I'm about to do. It never occurred to me... especially since I'll be overseas for awhile - DAMN!!

Another thing I didn't realize until it happened, is that games on the weekends are not shown period before 7pm on Saturday and after 7pm on Sunday - Something like that - the deal they made with networks.

and to add... anyone dumb enough to give a password to someone else is a major idiot. Not only will you be unable to watch games cause someone else is logged on when you are, but it's just wrong. Finding a loophole is one thing, but flat out stealing is another.

There is absolutely no problem with more than one person beinged logged in at the same time with the same user id. I guess there is a loophole. Too bad you weren't smart enough to think of it.

There is absolutely no problem with more than one person beinged logged in at the same time with the same user id. I guess there is a loophole. Too bad you weren't smart enough to think of it.

Nah, guess I'm not, but I really don't care.