elemenohpee

MLB.tv deals 2017

Anyone else notice the change in look? Also, since then, the quality and connection has been terrible... Anyone??

There is something I hate on the new look after the software update on my ps3: Before, when you scroll through the other games on the bottom of the screen, it would tell you the batter-up from each game. Now it doesn't show that anymore. That's really really lame! Scrolling through the games and going to the games when your favorite batters came to bat was one of the things that made mlb.tv cool. With the blackouts and other lame things they have to do, this could be the thing that makes me not purchase this next year.

This new update is so ridiculous I have no idea who could have approved its release. It no longer shows hits, HR's, outs in the timeline. You cannot see who is on base, pitching or at bat. The quality jumps and rewinds itself randomly WTF MLB get your ish together!!!!!!!!

Edited by prizl

Got the renewal information a few days ago and it looks like they're overhauling the web player to be responsive. Also, they're removing the need for NexDef (not that it was really that necessary), which is a huge plus. It was a total resource hog and rarely worked correctly. Sounds like the new player may be ready in March.

I wasn't impressed with MLB tv last year and cannot justify paying its price this year.

I pay the extra to get the games from DirectTV. Way less problems with blackouts and having to call and get them to reset your IP address once a week. I get routed to a different zip code that blacks out the MIL games and I live close to 400 miles away it was a 30 minute hassle every week.

Not worth the price. There are other ways to watch games.

Not worth the price. There are other ways to watch games.

Probably. But I don't care to stream. And the actual MLB.TV through the web site created more problems then the money I saved.

For some reason I was not blocked for local/national games. Hopefully I did not jinx myself. I had problems with the layout last year but I got used to it. I noticed it auto-renewed so I'm in for another year!

The Spring Training games aren't blacked out at all, so we're fine until the season starts!

www.unblock.us does a real nice job of allowing people in the states to circumvent black outs. And as others have mentioned there are simple DNS redirects you can configure in your local DNS servers to work around MLB.TV black outs.

MLB announced that MLB.TV premium will carry the All Star Game, World Series and all Fox National Broadcasts this year!

• Like 2

MLB announced that MLB.TV premium will carry the All Star Game, World Series and all Fox National Broadcasts this year!

This is great news!! Rejoice!!

MLB is pretty sweet when you have an iphone. Being able to watch any game from anywhere is great.

www.unblock.us does a real nice job of allowing people in the states to circumvent black outs. And as others have mentioned there are simple DNS redirects you can configure in your local DNS servers to work around MLB.TV black outs.

wow, I will have to bookmark this site if it works

If you use Chrome, or Firefox, you can add the extension "Stealthy." Worked great for me last year to watch blacked out Rockies games that weren't broadcast on tv that day in our local market.

Are there any restrictions for sharing an account? I'm thinking about splitting the membership with a friend.

Are there any restrictions for sharing an account? I'm thinking about splitting the membership with a friend.

The last two years I've shared an account with a friend. We've never had any issues.

• Like 2

This year if you buy the extra innings package on FIOS or Directv, you also get mlb.tv. Has anyone had any success or hear any information about how to activate this free account?

The last two years I've shared an account with a friend. We've never had any issues.

I have friends that use it across the country. No issues. Just don't share it with tooooo many people

I have friends that use it across the country. No issues. Just don't share it with tooooo many people

Agreed. Only me and one buddy. Stoked it's now on the XB1 as well. Since my XB1 is hooked up to my home theater will make it easier now to watch games on TV.

Agreed. Only me and one buddy. Stoked it's now on the XB1 as well. Since my XB1 is hooked up to my home theater will make it easier now to watch games on TV.

Also on PS4. My friend and I will be sharing an account to watch on there.

This year if you buy the extra innings package on FIOS or Directv, you also get mlb.tv. Has anyone had any success or hear any information about how to activate this free account?

If it works anything like NBA League Pass, you create your account on MLB.com if you don't already have one and then in your account settings you will likely have to sign in to your cable provider's website. At that point the accounts will link and you'll get your free MLB.tv