elemenohpee

MLB.tv deals 2017

Just got off the phone with MLB.tv..

If you're an MLB EI subscriber you'll be able to link your cable/satellite account to MLB.TV on Sunday and not have to pay for MLB.TV separately.

Edited by peelpub94

This is my first year with it and, I've got to say, I'm pretty impressed so far. Got it to link with my Rokus after I dropped Directv and am impressed with everything so far. Was out at the Cactus League last week and got the MLB At Bat app for my Droid and we were able to watch crystal clear live games on my phone without WiFi, couldn't believe it. Expected the radio portion to work over cell network but not the TV portion.

Assuming I setup my Unblock-us account properly I'm going to be a very happy camper this season.

Oh, and I've got a buddy who's using the account in an entirely different market and hasn't had a problem either. Well done, MLB.

I saw MLB post on Twitter this morning that MLB.tv will be FREE all day today.

Just make sure you disable auto renew, and double check next January. I jumped on a $50 promo for mlb.tv premium around May/June last year, and got slapped with a $130 auto-renew this February.

I'm going to sit here patiently and wait for a coupon.

It comes every year.

I wish I would have done the same. It's lame, they don't even offer $5 off anymore for returning auto-renew customers.

I'm going to sit here patiently and wait for a coupon.

It comes every year.

How do you find it? I checked a bunch last year and never saw one. Do you just check every day or are you on their email list and wait for a coupon to be emailed to you?

Why oh why can't MLB develop an app that is compatible with Chromecast. THAT would be the best.

And does anyone know of how to get around blackouts? My buddy told me about a third party service that costs about $5/mo. that will help you get around it but he didn't have a lot of details and I haven't been able to find out more info.

I thought they were getting rid of black outs?

Watch Baseball Everywhere!

Watch every out-of-market regular season game LIVE on over 400 mobile and connected devices.

:( aming baseball.

Edited by mjb03003

I'm getting blacked out to everything cause they say they can't verify my location... getting really pissed.

I'm getting blacked out to everything cause they say they can't verify my location... getting really pissed.

This is why I left online MLBTV. I always was getting blacked out of games and having to spend time getting my IP address corrected. Got to be on a first name basis with customer help.

Problem is apparently a known issue with all mobile devices -- on Opening Day. Thanks a bunch, MLB.

Don't know if this was already posted but 20% off the annual subscription for Government/military/first responders/law enforcement, etc employees.

http://slickdeals.net/f/6723720-government-military-first-responders-law-enforcement-20-off-mlb-tv-annual-pass?

Mods: If posting this is against some kind of rule, please remove.

Lag is about 60 seconds for me today. Let's hope it's just opening day bugs.

yeah this will become very annoying if this persists all year. i basically can't look at box scores as i'm watching b/c mlb.tv is well behind real time.

What I've found annoying is that it doesn't have a bar showing the progress of the game. Sometimes I've opened another game that I have watched earlier and it won't be live, but at the point I left at. On the nhl game enter app you can click live or scroll to a specific point in the game. Not available here.

Any updates for the extra innings deal?

I was looking today, looks to be about the same $180ish somewhere in that range through directTV includes the mlb.tv on any device, etc.

Right now it always seems good but often times seems so many nights just not in front of TV at baseball times: 4:00PM for East Coast games, 5:00 for Central.

Any ideas how to circumvent blackouts on a mobile device? Somehow they're blacking out the Braves game in Austin, yet I can watch the Rangers.

It's not just mobile - I can't get access to ANY game on either ipad or laptop :rolleyes:

I couldn't connect anywhere, but went to the forum and it said to use the "old" version. It works.

Total crap by MLB.TV. Down for Opening Day on PS3 is bush league. Luckily I got in on my computer. Watching MadBum spin a gem on a laptop screen

MLB.tv for xbox box one was junk about an hour ago. Video glitches galore and the app would also crash.

Getting much better performance in the last 30 minutes.

Speed not an issue as I can watch mlb.tv fine on my computer.

MLB.tv would be cool with its own chromecast app. However, you can cast it from the chrome browser on a PC and get 720p (depends on connection) on your TV.

Chrome has a free extension called Stealthy that you can toogle on and off. Someone mentioned this earlier works well to hide your location. A blackout soloution.

So there you go, $35 for a Chromecast and whatever your cost for MLB.tv and you get all the games. In all the markets.