elemenohpee

MLB.tv deals 2017

Just as a FYI, I've been running into the annoying problem of video lag when using the "new" player that doesn't require NextDef. I've found it runs anywhere from 1-4 pitches behind, which sucks when trying to follow the games live with your fantasy team. The StatTracker basically acts as a spoiler. The "old" player is still online and it always played the games truly live when used without NextDef (obviously removing the DVR capability, but whatever). If you want to use the old player, launch the games from this link: http://mlb.mlb.com/m...jsp?nexdef=true

yeah this has been really annoying. everything else is great. so you're saying with the old player, it's live, but we lose DVR capabilities? I actually like the DVR so if I missed a great play from one of my guys i can go into the game and rewind.

also last year i had some problems that were really annoying. example, lets say i open the tigers game, and i want to switch to dodgers game, well that was fine, until i wanted to switch back to tigers game, and it just would never let me. it wouldn't load, and i'd have to close program (losing my picture in picture games etc) and load tigers game. this year that problem is no longer, and i can toggle through games repeatedly in any order, multiples times back to same game etc. so i'm loving the new version this year, but this time delay might be too much for me to bear. like you, i frequent box scores and mlb gameday as i'm watching, and this becomes frustrating when trying to avoid key information that's already taken place.

I've found that if you run that player without NexDef installed, it plays everything live and without delay - but no DVR. If you run the link with NexDef installed, you have the DVR but the delay is back. I have to think this is an issue they're trying to work out with the new player. No minute amount of visual improvement is worth a 30-second+ delay.

Just as a FYI, I've been running into the annoying problem of video lag when using the "new" player that doesn't require NextDef. I've found it runs anywhere from 1-4 pitches behind, which sucks when trying to follow the games live with your fantasy team. The StatTracker basically acts as a spoiler. The "old" player is still online and it always played the games truly live when used without NextDef (obviously removing the DVR capability, but whatever). If you want to use the old player, launch the games from this link: http://mlb.mlb.com/m...jsp?nexdef=true

yeah this has been really annoying. everything else is great. so you're saying with the old player, it's live, but we lose DVR capabilities? I actually like the DVR so if I missed a great play from one of my guys i can go into the game and rewind.

also last year i had some problems that were really annoying. example, lets say i open the tigers game, and i want to switch to dodgers game, well that was fine, until i wanted to switch back to tigers game, and it just would never let me. it wouldn't load, and i'd have to close program (losing my picture in picture games etc) and load tigers game. this year that problem is no longer, and i can toggle through games repeatedly in any order, multiples times back to same game etc. so i'm loving the new version this year, but this time delay might be too much for me to bear. like you, i frequent box scores and mlb gameday as i'm watching, and this becomes frustrating when trying to avoid key information that's already taken place.

I've found that if you run that player without NexDef installed, it plays everything live and without delay - but no DVR. If you run the link with NexDef installed, you have the DVR but the delay is back. I have to think this is an issue they're trying to work out with the new player. No minute amount of visual improvement is worth a 30-second+ delay.

What is NexDef (forgive my lack of tech-savyness). Was that the thing on last player that let you watch in multiple different quality of picture? like 5 levels or something? or is it the DVR capability? I can't watch the baseball if it's blurry or not in HD. i can but i'd probably rather the 40 second delay. but i would have to imagine they MUST fix this issue soon as i cannot see ppl being too happy about this delay. i can't imagine this was the end-game plan for them.

What is NexDef (forgive my lack of tech-savyness). Was that the thing on last player that let you watch in multiple different quality of picture? like 5 levels or something? or is it the DVR capability? I can't watch the baseball if it's blurry or not in HD. i can but i'd probably rather the 40 second delay. but i would have to imagine they MUST fix this issue soon as i cannot see ppl being too happy about this delay. i can't imagine this was the end-game plan for them.

No worries! NexDef was the non-required add-on for the old player that advertised improved picture quality (I never saw a huge improvement, to be honest) but was required for the DVR capability. You can still get an HD picture without it as long as you have the bandwidth. What they need is a solution that allows for DVR capability AND doesn't have video lag. So in summary, using the above link:

Without NexDef installed: No DVR, but no video lag

With NextDef installed: DVD, but video lag

• Like 1

Every year MLB tv is borderline unwatchable for the first week of the season (this is when everybody is tuning into every game). Once the excitement of the new season wears off some, it'll begin to be lag free (usually after the first week).

MLBAM refuses to invest in more/better servers to meet the early demand. It has been doing this every year since it started basically.

Every year MLB tv is borderline unwatchable for the first week of the season (this is when everybody is tuning into every game). Once the excitement of the new season wears off some, it'll begin to be lag free (usually after the first week).

MLBAM refuses to invest in more/better servers to meet the early demand. It has been doing this every year since it started basically.

i don't know i've been watching for a few years and don't recall a time delay. we're not referring to "laggyness" ie. "choppyness", but the fact that all video is following like a 60 second time delay (seems to be about 3 pitches or so give or take). but yeah don't ever remember this, personally.

Yeah honestly I think NexDef is only serving to screw mine up. Gotta find it and uninstall on my Mac so I can get the smooth streams again.

Anybody withh Fios have success activating the mlb.tv package that supposedly came with the MLB Extra Innings? Any information regarding this would truly be appreciated.

I had to do some hunting to find the link for the Directv one. Think I went to their FAQs in the Extra Inning area

The 4 game mosaic view doesn't work at full screen when using the new player as well. Even more reason to use the link to the old player linked in this thread.

Anybody have issues watching blacked out games using a proxy? It's worked fine for me last year and a few days ago (regular season) but I can no longer view in market games using the normal work around.

I tried the Chrome incognito work around and it's failed both times.

Also - getting sick of sound cutting out for long periods of time.

has it already been mentioned that mlb took all their developers from mlb.tv and moved them to the instant replay development?

ill have to dig up the article, but mlb has apparently acknowledged issues, giving that reason and claim to be working on issues.

I personally think mlb.tv is one of the worst products i've ever spent money on and for some reason i get sucked into getting it every year.

I'd estimate, that in the 4 years ive gotten mlb.tv, 99.5% of the time there have been issues in every game. That's not an exaggeration. I don't recall one single game where the picture has been near perfect to perfect the entire game. And to me, that's shouldnt be a lot to ask for given modern techology. This is also across many different connections, devices and tvs so i don't know what the deal is.

maybe i just have bad luck.

mlb.tv is the worst.

• Like 1

Haven't had any trouble this year at all with MLB.tv, and it hasn't always been that way in years past. Seems like the NextDef issue isn't popping up this year. Boggles my mind that that was such an issue in previous versions/years.

MLB.tv for the xbox 360 is an abomination.

• Presentation is dreadful.
  • Constantly getting booted from feeds.
  • Audio randomly drops.
  • Significant delay compared to Gameday/other live feeds.
  • Has less than 1/4 of the features found on the PS3.

Is there a patch/update coming soon? This is almost unbearable.

has it already been mentioned that mlb took all their developers from mlb.tv and moved them to the instant replay development?

ill have to dig up the article, but mlb has apparently acknowledged issues, giving that reason and claim to be working on issues.

I personally think mlb.tv is one of the worst products i've ever spent money on and for some reason i get sucked into getting it every year.

I'd estimate, that in the 4 years ive gotten mlb.tv, 99.5% of the time there have been issues in every game. That's not an exaggeration. I don't recall one single game where the picture has been near perfect to perfect the entire game. And to me, that's shouldnt be a lot to ask for given modern techology. This is also across many different connections, devices and tvs so i don't know what the deal is.

maybe i just have bad luck.

mlb.tv is the worst.

I get the same problems practically every time I try to watch. I don't have the greatest connection but I have very few problems watching Netflix as well as the majority of my streaming apps. I don't even try the 4 way split screen anymore, guaranteed bugginess.

These commericals are killing me. They make it so you can't rewind and have to switch to another game if you want to switch away from the commercial. They even have certain commercials whose sound goes on in the small PIP window even if you are watching the main screen, so you have the added annoyance of 2 sound streams at once. I NEVER see any lag, glitch or what not when these commercials are on.

$129 to have these constant commercials is ridic and I probably would not have purchased this if I had known it had these.

Installing AdBlock should ditch the commercials. I've noticed a host of problems on Roku, mainly dropped feeds and weird video playback. They really need to get this cleaned up.

• Like 2

My wife and I got a brand new Samsung TV that has Smart TV capabilities right before baseball season and I was pumped to use MLB.tv on there. Every single game I open, it'll work for a few minutes before I get a "Network Error. Please try again later." message.

Has anyone else ever dealt with this? I've called into customer service about five times and they always tell me they've found a new way to fix it. Five minutes after I get off the phone, the message is back again. I still watch on my phone and computer, but it's just such a hassle when I'd rather use those devices for other things and have a game on my TV. I have plenty of bandwidth, but it's not working and I don't think Internet strength is the issue.

Anyone else ever dealt with the network error message?

MLB.tv for the xbox 360 is an abomination.

• Presentation is dreadful.
  • Constantly getting booted from feeds.
  • Audio randomly drops.
  • Significant delay compared to Gameday/other live feeds.
  • Has less than 1/4 of the features found on the PS3.

Is there a patch/update coming soon? This is almost unbearable.

Yea I have had mlb.tv since sunday and every night the same stuff happens, Alot of times the good games like Darvish vs King Felix and tonight with Lester and Sale. I asked them to cancel my subscription its ridiculous. I watched Dexter on netflix the same nights so i know its not my connection and mlb.tv. Sucks i probably will go with extra innings even though their price is outrageous but from their free trials every mlb season i know that i wont have to put up with these problems.

My wife and I got a brand new Samsung TV that has Smart TV capabilities right before baseball season and I was pumped to use MLB.tv on there. Every single game I open, it'll work for a few minutes before I get a "Network Error. Please try again later." message.

Has anyone else ever dealt with this? I've called into customer service about five times and they always tell me they've found a new way to fix it. Five minutes after I get off the phone, the message is back again. I still watch on my phone and computer, but it's just such a hassle when I'd rather use those devices for other things and have a game on my TV. I have plenty of bandwidth, but it's not working and I don't think Internet strength is the issue.

Anyone else ever dealt with the network error message?

I have samsung smartv--cant run the mlb.tv or netflix apps without interference. but i can run VUDU picture perfectly...weird.

Just noticed that I can Chromecast to my TV now from the AtBat app on my iPhone. Pretty awesome.

I've had MLB.tv for something like 10 years. I agree with you all it's a very poor product. However, the last few years I've had very few issues and this year seems to be the best so far.

The one thing that drives me crazy is their feed is pretty far behind real time meaning you can't check stat tracker while you watch a game or you'll see everything before it actually happens.

I've had MLB.tv for something like 10 years. I agree with you all it's a very poor product. However, the last few years I've had very few issues and this year seems to be the best so far.

The one thing that drives me crazy is their feed is pretty far behind real time meaning you can't check stat tracker while you watch a game or you'll see everything before it actually happens.

If its a poor product why would you keep getting it for 10 years?

A delay sounds horrific if you want to have statracker going as well.