Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elemenohpee

MLB.tv deals 2017

I like watching baseball games but don't want to spend full price -- are there any discounts or promo codes that come out almost every year that make it more affordable? I know it gets cheaper as the season goes on, but when are the thresholds for this?

The first 3-4 days of the season I had major problems with mlbtv through ps3 & roku but since then everything has been perfect. Not one problem.

I still have issues on my xbox but I asked for my refund they said it will take three business days to review if I get my refund which is bs since i cancelled within the 5 day period of signing up

Just noticed that I can Chromecast to my TV now from the AtBat app on my iPhone. Pretty awesome.

how's the connection with that?

streaming through the ps3 is a pain but not as bad as some of the others mentioned

- constantly rewinds 2 seconds

- sometimes freezes

- poor navigation system

- and I really hate how they changed the game-choose setup - it used to be where they listed the batter-pitcher underneath the score, etc.

Just noticed that I can Chromecast to my TV now from the AtBat app on my iPhone. Pretty awesome.

how's the connection with that?

streaming through the ps3 is a pain but not as bad as some of the others mentioned

- constantly rewinds 2 seconds

- sometimes freezes

- poor navigation system

- and I really hate how they changed the game-choose setup - it used to be where they listed the batter-pitcher underneath the score, etc.

Casting from the App has been better quality but casting from the PC allows for quad screen action so I use that mostly. My buddy has had issues with MLB.tv freezing when he casts but I don't know his set up, internet connection, etc. It's been great for me.

Definitely better than the PS3 in my book.

has it already been mentioned that mlb took all their developers from mlb.tv and moved them to the instant replay development?

ill have to dig up the article, but mlb has apparently acknowledged issues, giving that reason and claim to be working on issues.

I personally think mlb.tv is one of the worst products i've ever spent money on and for some reason i get sucked into getting it every year.

I'd estimate, that in the 4 years ive gotten mlb.tv, 99.5% of the time there have been issues in every game. That's not an exaggeration. I don't recall one single game where the picture has been near perfect to perfect the entire game. And to me, that's shouldnt be a lot to ask for given modern techology. This is also across many different connections, devices and tvs so i don't know what the deal is.

maybe i just have bad luck.

mlb.tv is the worst.

i think you must have troubles your end, i have had this every year and hardly ever have issues, considering how much i watch it thats pretty impressive.

I think mlb.tv is one of the best products on the internet.

I've been having just a few streaming issues from my PC and Apple Tv with regards to switching between quality levels. It's not the PC or my internet connections so it's definitely on their end. Hopeful it will be fixed soon.

has it already been mentioned that mlb took all their developers from mlb.tv and moved them to the instant replay development?

ill have to dig up the article, but mlb has apparently acknowledged issues, giving that reason and claim to be working on issues.

I personally think mlb.tv is one of the worst products i've ever spent money on and for some reason i get sucked into getting it every year.

I'd estimate, that in the 4 years ive gotten mlb.tv, 99.5% of the time there have been issues in every game. That's not an exaggeration. I don't recall one single game where the picture has been near perfect to perfect the entire game. And to me, that's shouldnt be a lot to ask for given modern techology. This is also across many different connections, devices and tvs so i don't know what the deal is.

maybe i just have bad luck.

mlb.tv is the worst.

i think you must have troubles your end, i have had this every year and hardly ever have issues, considering how much i watch it thats pretty impressive.

I think mlb.tv is one of the best products on the internet.

I'll second that. No troubles on my end either. There is the odd time they have some issues on their end, but what provider/website/app doesn't?

Love MLB.tv. Love it.

Down for me atm. Says media error.

edit: actually it works on my phone. So clearly my PC. any ideas?

Down for me atm. Says media error.

edit: actually it works on my phone. So clearly my PC. any ideas?

There was Flash update released in the last few days. Could try that first.

I cleared my cache and flushed my DNS (should've been the 1st thing I did) and it works now :)

Not sure what the issue was but I never clear my history so it was time anyway. Must have been an update and the cache was expired

Actually now the error has returned! And if you check their forum it is flooded with complaints it is not working for anybody. Surprised there's not more talk about this here.

I can't watch it either ... getting an error saying that I've exceeded my streams amount .. lol? Is the amount of games you can watch capped?

Not working says 503 error thru my Apple TV. It does however work on my iPhone.

Has been working fine for me the last 30 mins, able to switch games without errors now. Hopefully good for you guys as well.

Anybody else getting blackout problems today? I restarted my router, still not working. Tried watching on my phone network, still no luck...

Anybody else getting blackout problems today? I restarted my router, still not working. Tried watching on my phone network, still no luck...

Upon first launch of MLB.tv I got a blackout message. I'm in Taipei, so most definitely out of the blackout range, LOL. But I closed the window, re-launched MLB.tv and the second time it worked. Go figure.

I almost bit on the 60% off for May and then $24.99 per month for a total of $109.95 for May 6 through ROS,but passed. Today I got an offer for 50% off ROS( $57.49) for MLB free game of the day users.

Time to buy in on this and Stroman.

I almost bit on the 60% off for May and then $24.99 per month for a total of $109.95 for May 6 through ROS,but passed. Today I got an offer for 50% off ROS( $57.49) for MLB free game of the day users.

Time to buy in on this and Stroman.

How did you get the 57.49 offer? Just by watching the MLB free game of the day regularly?

I've only watched 2 games,but I've been a subscriber for years until this year.Maybe they're trying to round up strays.

Does anybody here watch MLB.tv on a 360? I brought the Premium version solely so I could watch on my 360 and the majority of the time it is unwatchable. It skips, freezes (with and without the audio still playing), cuts out to the feed selection screen, servers have been down a lot and I've been blacked out (I live in the UK).

On my iPad it is absolutely fine. No problems at all so I can still watch, but I'm not happy that I've wasted money on the Premium version as I only got that for the 360 use.

Screw MLB.TV and MLB. I can't watch half the games because of blackout. I can't watch the SF v. Dodger series because of blackouts. Straight up BS