Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elemenohpee

MLB.tv deals 2017

$119 if I remember correctly, it auto renewed early March so I forgot, but at or around that price

streams are working fine, but I can't rewatch plays. Every time I click on a marker, it starts the game over from the beginning.

Am I doing something wrong?

For example, I missed Arenado's homer earlier, then found the "Arenado hits a homerun" marker and clicked X (PS4), but the game restarted from the beginning.

Anyone know if there is an App for Windows devices? I'm thinking about getting the new Surface 3 when it comes out but I see the app in their store is from last year and I don't see any mentioned support on MLB.TVs page.

Can anyone help me out on this one?

Anyone know if there is an App for Windows devices? I'm thinking about getting the new Surface 3 when it comes out but I see the app in their store is from last year and I don't see any mentioned support on MLB.TVs page.

Can anyone help me out on this one?

If you have a surface, you won't need the app. U can just use any browser. The windows MLB app was glitchy.

You can get blue stacks which will get you all the Google apps on the surface.

Anyone else getting a choppy feed from the free week of Extra Innings today?It worked fine all week,I'm wondering if it's getting overloaded.

Anyone else getting a choppy feed from the free week of Extra Innings today?It worked fine all week,I'm wondering if it's getting overloaded.

So far so good. I find the whole pop-up interface will occasionally sort of crash and restart but it takes 1-2 sec. Seems a little less clunky than last year with NextDef and whatever else was going on.

is the web based player up yet? I find mlb.tv the worst of the three major sports. starting over, skipping to end and ruining the game for you, won't start, spinning circles, clunky, stalling...it's horrible actually. they really need to install a fast forward 10 seconds feature to skip the toss back to the pitches between throws. No one has time for that.

i'm pretty frustrated with this product, yet again. i keep re-upping b/c i don't know if there's a comparable product out there. but my main problems are 1) this was the case last year too, but it's not LIVE, it's delayed a minute or so. so if you happen to have say mlb gameday open, that could ruin it for you. also the player tracker feature seems to be more LIVE than the actual video, so b/c I have for example Bogaerts and Betts on my fantasy team and they are close in batting order, I see Betts notification pop up that he's now on deck, and there's an out, so I know Bogaerts got out before the video actually shows me such. so annoying. 2) whenever i bring up a split screen option or picture in picture, the original video rebuffers, and often jumps ahead to a closer to LIVE feed. this happens whenever i toggle between the 2 feeds. ultra annoying.

there are other things, but those are the most annoying. anyone know any solutions?

i'm pretty frustrated with this product, yet again. i keep re-upping b/c i don't know if there's a comparable product out there. but my main problems are 1) this was the case last year too, but it's not LIVE, it's delayed a minute or so.

anyone know any solutions?

Dont have Gameday up on that game.

i'm pretty frustrated with this product, yet again. i keep re-upping b/c i don't know if there's a comparable product out there. but my main problems are 1) this was the case last year too, but it's not LIVE, it's delayed a minute or so.

anyone know any solutions?

Dont have Gameday up on that game.

except if you've ever used gameday along the top shows every game and men on base, outs, score etc. so it becomes a game of hiding the game you're watching which means when you want to check other box scores you're basically just trying not to look at your game as you go. not the best solution you see..

The lag has been a beef of mine for years, going back to when they used that disastrous NexDef plugin. Now you don't need it and I think it has improved this year. I usually run the ESPN FantasyTracker and they're pretty well in sync. The notifications are off, though, and your player is likely a few pitches into the AB once it shows up.

I don't use the split/PIP modes as much, but I'll play with them more. I've always had a few quibbles with MLB.tv, but it's still by far the best sports streaming service I've seen and I just can't quit it with the excitement I feel each year when it's time to re-up.

The lag has been a beef of mine for years, going back to when they used that disastrous NexDef plugin. Now you don't need it and I think it has improved this year. I usually run the ESPN FantasyTracker and they're pretty well in sync. The notifications are off, though, and your player is likely a few pitches into the AB once it shows up.

I don't use the split/PIP modes as much, but I'll play with them more. I've always had a few quibbles with MLB.tv, but it's still by far the best sports streaming service I've seen and I just can't quit it with the excitement I feel each year when it's time to re-up.

yeah u nailed it...it's the best out and it still brings me a tonnn of joy lol so i'm not going to not shell the money. that being said, 3 years ago, it was live live, in sync. that was when there was that next def thingy, so not sure what's happened since. also the PIP stuff i'm talking about where it basically kills both videos when toggling, or loading the PIP, this also never used to happen so it's def annoying. ah well, still a solid product.

One of my gripes is that you cant stretch the window ala netflix. You basically can make it PiP or side by side, 4x4, but you cannot make the window different sizes. Its something small, but i would love it if that was something that mlb.tv was capable of.

I tried to bring up the Brewers feed, in my area that doesn't show Brewers games, and it told me I was in the blackout zone. I was very close (within a couple miles) from FSN Wisconsin, but the area I was in (Michigan side of Michigan/Wisconsin border) shows FSN Detroit. I couldn't watch the Detroit OR Milwaukee game. Stupid.

One of my gripes is that you cant stretch the window ala netflix. You basically can make it PiP or side by side, 4x4, but you cannot make the window different sizes. Its something small, but i would love it if that was something that mlb.tv was capable of.

I agree. Not sure why this isn't an option. For what it's worth, NHL Gamecenter Live doesn't stretch either. It's either the size it pops up as in the viewing interface, or full-screen, just like MLB.TV.

are you sure that the problems that some of you are having are due to lack of sufficient RAM?

Im really interested in this product and my laptop is a powerhouse. Id like to hear from those of you who have strong computers

anyone else having problems streaming from the Xbox One? I can barely even watch a game right now, it keeps freezing, buffering, and then taking me to a message that says the stream is unavailable. I click retry and the process repeats, very frustrating stuff...

Constant buffering issues on my Amazon Fire TV. Horrible!!!

Maybe just be a little patient? It's early in the year and everyone is trying to watch these streams. Give it time to settle down..

Maybe just be a little patient? It's early in the year and everyone is trying to watch these streams. Give it time to settle down..

I'm sure it is hard for some people to be patient when they are paying for a service. MLB.TV requires their payment upfront, so for some folks they would expect the service to work properly when the season starts.

Can you watch on multiple devices simultaneously? A few buddies are thinking of splitting it but I need to know we can watch it at the same time. I bought MLBTV a few years ago and was able to do it but I'm wondering if they tightened up on that rule.

Can you watch on multiple devices simultaneously? A few buddies are thinking of splitting it but I need to know we can watch it at the same time. I bought MLBTV a few years ago and was able to do it but I'm wondering if they tightened up on that rule.

I can watch on my apple TV and iPhone (or apple TV and PC) concurrently.... Haven't tried all 3 together, but I presume that would work as well. Not sure whether your attempt to be a cheapskate will work though. :P

I can watch on my apple TV and iPhone (or apple TV and PC) concurrently.... Haven't tried all 3 together, but I presume that would work as well. Not sure whether your attempt to be a cheapskate will work though. :P

I know I know, I probably spend $130 on dumber things without even thinking. I spent $100 on the Cricket World Cup which would boot you off a device when you tried to sign in with another. Good to hear you signed in with two.

mlb.tv = love

I'm sure it is hard for some people to be patient when they are paying for a service. MLB.TV requires their payment upfront, so for some folks they would expect the service to work properly when the season starts.

this. be patient? we pay $170. this is the umpteenth year mlb.tv is running, so you expect them to have their sh*t together from the get go. this isn't a new product. and also opening week is what everyone has been anticipating all winter...it's arguably their most important week of the season.