Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elemenohpee

MLB.tv deals 2017

Yankees, Mets, Pirates, and Indians are all blacked out where I live in Buffalo, NY. Doesn't make much sense to me. Yankees and Mets I understand as we're considered their market, but two teams from entirely different states that have nearly zero market share here?

Is anyone else from the WNY area that could shine some light on this for me? I've never gotten MLBTV for this reason (don't feel like messing with DNS unlocators, etc.)

Yankees, Mets, Pirates, and Indians are all blacked out where I live in Buffalo, NY. Doesn't make much sense to me. Yankees and Mets I understand as we're considered their market, but two teams from entirely different states that have nearly zero market share here?

Is anyone else from the WNY area that could shine some light on this for me? I've never gotten MLBTV for this reason (don't feel like messing with DNS unlocators, etc.)

Here is the MLB Blackout map. you are just in a really crappy location where 4 teams have some market rights.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball_blackout_policy#/media/File:MLB_Blackout_Areas.png

Here is the MLB Blackout map. you are just in a really crappy location where 4 teams have some market rights.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball_blackout_policy#/media/File:MLB_Blackout_Areas.png

Thanks for the map!

Ironically, Toronto is easily the closest team to me but I would have access to all of their games. I'm assuming that's a foreign market thing.

I was just really surprised to see Pit and Cle games blacked out here, because I've never seen one of their games locally broadcast here on any of the TV providers I've had. Perhaps is has to do with former affiliations with the Bisons? That's all I can think of, because otherwise those two teams don't have substantial fan bases here.

Cain's 2-run rocket doesn't make the highlights but Braun's "ground ball single" does?

Lol, star calls even extend to the editing room.

I have a buddy who gets the blackout message for every game. This has been happening since the beginning of the season for him. The only games that should be blacked out are Rangers/Astros. He gets the errors on PS3/Chromecast but works fine on his phone. Anyone have this problem and/or know a solution?

Question: if I purchased MLB.tv premium online, is there anyway I can use that subscription to get it on my cablebox? Provider is Optimum, if that helps :/

Question: if I purchased MLB.tv premium online, is there anyway I can use that subscription to get it on my cablebox? Provider is Optimum, if that helps :/

Check and see if Optimum offers MLB.TV free with the Extra Innings package.I know Verizon and DirectTV do,my provider,Comcast doesn't.

If Optimium does include it,you can cancel your current MLB.TV subscription,get a refund,order Extra Innings and use the one that comes with Extra Innings.

Does anyone elses MLB.tv suck this year? It's been almost so unbearable that I can barely watch games. Not sure what the issue is.

Does anyone elses MLB.tv suck this year? It's been almost so unbearable that I can barely watch games. Not sure what the issue is.

First year having it. But I haven't had any issues

Sometimes it gets really laggy for me probably due to high traffic? I know it's not my internet because I have fiber optic.

Also, does anyone know if there's a workaround for blackouts?

Only issue I have is, when watching on cpu with the quad screens, the ad sound will play over the game sound even if I'm not watching that screen. Very annoying

My internet connection is weak, so that probably explains the inconsistent quality.

But I can't explain the freeze-ups. At least twice a day I'll be on the main menu (with all the games) and I can move around, but the app does not register when I click "X" (Playstation 4), and I have to close and restart the app. Gets annoying after awhile.

Actually this is the first year that it hasn't sucked for me.I haven't gotten 1 spinning circle on my PC and only 2 or 3 glitches with my new Roku.

Sometimes it gets really laggy for me probably due to high traffic? I know it's not my internet because I have fiber optic.

Also, does anyone know if there's a workaround for blackouts?

Yep,but if it was posted it would get deleted and whoever posted it would get a warning. Google is your BFF.

My internet connection is weak, so that probably explains the inconsistent quality.

But I can't explain the freeze-ups. At least twice a day I'll be on the main menu (with all the games) and I can move around, but the app does not register when I click "X" (Playstation 4), and I have to close and restart the app. Gets annoying after awhile.

Ugh. It's horrible on my PS4. Today though it was the other way around. Perfect on the PS4, horrific on the laptop. Not sure what it is, especially since they're both wirelessly connected to my internet in the same room.

i keep getting out of memory errors on the PC with nexdef. I'm not running out of memory, no idea what is happening.

Anyone else get an invite to beta test their new HD media player?

No, I'm kind of jealous! Ha.

Was it an email invite or a message pop-up or something as part of the MLB.tv application?

Anyone else get an invite to beta test their new HD media player?

I did. But I assumed everyone got it. I guess not?

I'm using it right now. It plays video right in the browser you are using and doesn't do a pop-up. Seems to work well so far.

Apologies in advance if I am posting this in the wrong forum but I figure the advice I'm soliciting would best come from the readers of this forum.

Has anyone ever purchased MILB.TV ? Is it worth the $49.99 ? And anything I should know before purchasing ?

Anyone know why the cin/CWS game is blacked out? I'm not in that region so it shouldn't be blacked out

Anyone know why the cin/CWS game is blacked out? I'm not in that region so it shouldn't be blacked out

I wish that you could get on-screen notifications for the players on your fantasy tracker while streaming. It would certainly make the experience much better.

Anyone else having an issue with the audio overlay? It keeps cutting back to the TV broadcast when I want the radio broadcast overlay... very annoying.