elemenohpee

MLB.tv deals 2017

Local Live Blackout: ALL LIVE MLB.TV games will be blacked out in each applicable Club's home television territory (except for certain home television territories for which MLB.com may offer in-market subscription services) or in Japan.

What exactly does this mean? If I purchase MLB.TV in Baltimore will I be able to watch the Orioles games?

Or do they not let you watch the home teams games? I do not have cable and really want to see the O's games! But if they do not show them then it may not be worth it to me!

Thanks for the help!

Yeah I lose Cubs and Sox games... It's basically to keep local ratings, I mean you are already getting those games reguardless of having MLB.TV, unless you have no TV other than MLB.TV which then you can watch all those games under the archives.

My question is when are the condensed games comming back? Those were the best, I was told they were trying to bring them back by June. I've yet to find them.

• Like 1

You all should call in and complain about the condensed games not being there anymore... It was their best option.

You all should call in and complain about the condensed games not being there anymore... It was their best option.

Absolutely.

these radio shack ads are getting annoying when you switch between games.

definetly is

hopefully by next years baseball season, sony will release their "play tv" and i can just order extra innings at home and watch from my work computer instead of mlb.tv

is this a joke? It wont show any games, just a radio shack ad

I just set up an account a few minutes ago and got the same problem...using Firefox. Safari wouldn't run it either. I ditched this account two years ago b/c of consistently poor quality video...wish I hadn't coughed up the money today either.

Didnt know where else to post this.. but for tonights game it says 'Game blacked out Live Nationally'. Does this mean I can not watch on mlb.tv and have to watch on ESPN?

It means it won't be available on MLB.tv in the US because ESPN has exclusive broadcast rights. They don't have exclusive rights for their weekday games for example, but they are the only one carrying the Sunday night game.

Here in Canada at least, the game is showing solid black for the teams playing.

Yeah, no MLB.TV tonight. I think most cable systems require a subscription for access to the WatchESPN app, but that may be worth looking into if you're in that situation. MLB's blackout restrictions are beyond ridiculous (I'm in Columbus, OH and the Pirates are blacked out for no reason), but nothing seems to be changing from year to year.

Those are by far the most annoying aspects of MLB.TV. On the whole, it's a great product.

Yeah, no MLB.TV tonight. I think most cable systems require a subscription for access to the WatchESPN app, but that may be worth looking into if you're in that situation. MLB's blackout restrictions are beyond ridiculous (I'm in Columbus, OH and the Pirates are blacked out for no reason), but nothing seems to be changing from year to year.

Those are by far the most annoying aspects of MLB.TV. On the whole, it's a great product.

Same problem, I'm in Cleveland and Cinci games are blacked out sometimes, but 90% of the time I get Reds' and Pirates' games. Either way, MLB.TV is amazing and if you have an Xbox 360 the app is great. While watching a game, just move the left thumbstick and it pulls up a bottom line with every game, score, inning, etc and you just click on the game to go back and forth. You don't need that extra software (nexdef) to watch in HD, either. From my experience, do not download NexDef to watch HD off your PC, it runs in the background 24/7 and eats up memory.

Same problem, I'm in Cleveland and Cinci games are blacked out sometimes, but 90% of the time I get Reds' and Pirates' games. Either way, MLB.TV is amazing and if you have an Xbox 360 the app is great. While watching a game, just move the left thumbstick and it pulls up a bottom line with every game, score, inning, etc and you just click on the game to go back and forth. You don't need that extra software (nexdef) to watch in HD, either. From my experience, do not download NexDef to watch HD off your PC, it runs in the background 24/7 and eats up memory.

Great tips. I recently got a Roku and the app for it seems awesome, too. Yes, NexDef really sucks. It's a total memory hog plus it delays your feed for about 5 seconds, so if you're following along on a StatTracker you'll see what happens on it before the stream. The feeds look great without NexDef, anyway.

So I am blacked out from the Pirates/Cubs game.. does that mean I cant watch ANY pirates game? Can i watch it after its over? I can watch the Astros/Rangers game now and last night it was blacked out.. As long as the game is on ROOT SPORTS.. im screwed, right?

Edited by mpbaseball22

So I am blacked out from the Pirates/Cubs game.. does that mean I cant watch ANY pirates game? Can i watch it after its over? I can watch the Astros/Rangers game now and last night it was blacked out.. As long as the game is on ROOT SPORTS.. im screwed, right?

Is Pittsburgh your local broadcast? Then yes, you have to watch it on Fox Sports through a cable provider.

Side not, the Xbox 360 app...mine has subtitles for every game. Is this a MLB.TV setting or an Xbox setting?

Last nights game was blacked out because it was on ESPN. Everyone has a couple teams that are always blacked out. If you're in their television market, all the live games will be blacked out. You can watch them after they're over though.

Side not, the Xbox 360 app...mine has subtitles for every game. Is this a MLB.TV setting or an Xbox setting?

This is an Xbox 360 setting, I fixed it if anyone else has this problem.

I have a CBS Commissioner league that supposedly comes with free MLB gameday audio, but when I go to launch, it's saying I need a subscription. How does this work?

Are they doing the 1 free game per day for PS3 this year?

• Like 1

This is an Xbox 360 setting, I fixed it if anyone else has this problem.

How did you fix that subtitle thing on the xbox 360? I can't figure it out for the life of me. Thanks.

Edited by samsimonimaging