BlakeP42

Odell Beckham Jr 2017 Season Outlook

Hope he can get back soon. Wish the Giants played a day game this week. Going to suck if he gets scratched Monday night.

27 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Let's everyone overreact!!!

He means it's a 6-8 week injury from the time of injury. He's 4 weeks into his recovery. He's humble bragging.

It's still very early in the season.It would be prudent for him to be fully healed before he hits the field.

Or maybe it's just a Roose

HE8fTeW.jpg

Just now, JediMasters said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TaylorRooks/status/908411749522649088

Taylor Rooks @TaylorRooks

I spoke to Odell Beckham to clarify 6-8 week comment: "Could be as little as 4 or as much as 12. depends on person & how quickly they heal"

2:26 PM · Sep 14, 2017

Sounds like Bruce Arians. Christmas ,Thanksgiving, whatever.

1 minute ago, JediMasters said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TaylorRooks/status/908411749522649088

Taylor Rooks @TaylorRooks

I spoke to Odell Beckham to clarify 6-8 week comment: "Could be as little as 4 or as much as 12. depends on person & how quickly they heal"

2:26 PM · Sep 14, 2017

So that clarifies nothing. He is on day 24. So he is saying he can come back this week after 4 weeks? And that normal people who might be slow healers take 12, so it could be eight more?

I think all ODB owners need to know is that you should have another Monday night option just in case.

Man oh man is this ugly for ODB owners.  Detroit plays NYG on Monday night.  If Marvin Jones or Golladay are still available in your leagues, grab one of them now to have an option.  Or you could use Ebron or Engram, one of the DET RBs or Perkins/Vereen, moving ODB to the flex, as a backup option.  

If these aren't viable options for you I would suggest you just assume ODB won't play and start other players in all spots.  There's a likelihood that, if he plays, he'll be less effective anyway so you might not lose much value rolling out a WR3/4 type anyway.

27 minutes ago, Psideresider said:

Hope he can get back soon. Wish the Giants played a day game this week. Going to suck if he gets scratched Monday night.

This is why in my league I've run since the 90's we use "Ifs" to sub out a game time decision guy who doesn't play...

So it's like "If no Beckham, then start Crowder"..

Why leagues with active commissioners who could make the lineup switch don't use this I just don't understand...

It will affect so many seasons if Beckham is locked into lineups and then you get a Zero, I hate that and think more leagues should do their best to minimize the luck factor....

Edited by General Gannicus

This is a painful hit for those of us that took him in the 1st round.  He will ball out when he gets back, but when is that.  How many games will we lose till he comes back?  Thankfully I have good RB's and AJ Green to go with him so Im hoping to make it till he gets back.  

1 minute ago, General Gannicus said:

This is why in my league I've run since the 90's we use "Ifs" to sub out a 

Why leagues with active commissioners who could make the lineup switch don't use this I just don't understand...

It will affect so many seasons if Beckham is locked into lineups and then you get a Zero, I hate that luck factor and think more leagues should do their best to minimize the luck factor....

My big $$$ leagues uses a slash as well.  Great for when guys are in iffy spots.

4 minutes ago, General Gannicus said:

This is why in my league I've run since the 90's we use "Ifs" to sub out a game time decision guy who doesn't play...

It will affect so many seasons if Beckham is locked into lineups and then you get a Zero, I hate that and think more leagues should do their best to minimize the luck factor....

Thats a great idea. My solution was to pick up Golladay just in case Odell sits. Your way is much better.

Wait you mean the guy who suffered a high ankle sprain might miss more than one week?  How could we have possibly known this?!

On 9/6/2017 at 10:32 PM, joshua18 said:

Don't be fooled; he's not cutting on the ankle. Betting on him being anywhere close to 100% before week 2 (4 wks after the high ankle sprain) is just asking to be disappointed. 

MNF is exactly 4 weeks from the injury (high-ankle sprain recovery is 4-6 weeks). Better than 50/50 he's actually more than a decoy, which means he's worth starting IMO as long as there are no setbacks tomorrow or Saturday in practice.

OBJs comments change nothing.  It's just him acting like the little b*tch diva that he always is.  He's now inflating the timeline so that when he comes back "early" he looks like a tough guy.  If he's not out there Monday, he'll play in Week 3.  

4-6 week timeframe just as originally thought.

5 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I remember when I said this thing would linger all year and people said overreaction. 12 weeks? Disaster for people who took him in the first round. 

I love this place.

Gonna come back when Odell drops 150/2tds?

6 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I remember when I said this thing would linger all year and people said overreaction. 12 weeks? Disaster for people who took him in the first round. 

Look at the videos, the dude is out there hopping on one freaking leg. Pre game this past Sunday he was sprinting, but the ankle wouldn't allow him

to stop quickly enough. Really doesn't seem like a guy who is going to miss another 8 weeks.

1 hour ago, General Gannicus said:

Meh, I'm not a fan.  Part of fantasy football Is luck in drafting/owning the right players.  But a big component is how you manage the team.  If ODB is injured, and he plays on Monday, that sucks.  But it's your decision whether to gamble to wait until Monday night, or to have another option just in case.  This "if" business makes no sense to me.  Why not just play best ball if you want to handle it that way?  

A preseason injury should have given all his drafters some pause before selecting him...

Gotta love fantasy football 2 of the top 5 guys are out for who knows how long

It's a 6-8 week injury for a normal human being.

He's an NFL player with top of the line treatment, blessed genetics, and youth. If he's ok to play, he's ok to play. And you are going to start him even if he has a remote shot at playing.

He's motivated this year and really wants to light up the league. He also wants to get paid the most in the league for a WR.

He'll have roughly 4 weeks to heal. There's no way he's sitting.

25 minutes ago, CooL said:

Meh, I'm not a fan.  Part of fantasy football Is luck in drafting/owning the right players.  But a big component is how you manage the team.  If ODB is injured, and he plays on Monday, that sucks.  But it's your decision whether to gamble to wait until Monday night, or to have another option just in case.  This "if" business makes no sense to me.  Why not just play best ball if you want to handle it that way?  

A preseason injury should have given all his drafters some pause before selecting him...

Agree with 1st paragraph but not 2nd. Injury was after 95% of drafts

4 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

Agree with 1st paragraph but not 2nd. Injury was after 95% of drafts

95% of drafts concluded before August 21st??? I highly doubt that.  All of my leagues draft the last week and even during the Labor Day holiday weekend right before the season starts.  

I know in my drafts he was selected without much cause for concern of the injury.  I don't think the extent of it was stressed at the time of injury, but perhaps it was because it just wasn't known.

55 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

Not as much of a disaster as one would think with his upside.  Disaster is defined as an early exit to the season aka DJ and ARob