BlakeP42

Odell Beckham Jr 2017 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

I've seen this show before. 

 

Hes either gonna be inactive or less than 100% and not confident/pouty.

 

Starting Hurns today, probably will bite me in the a**. Good luck all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was going to play it safe and bench OBJ but now thinking about starting him over diggs with this bradford news...anyone in a similar predicament?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, JoeG03 said:

Was going to play it safe and bench OBJ but now thinking about starting him over diggs with this bradford news...anyone in a similar predicament?

Same boat, but with Thielen. 

 

Super risky, as Sterling and Galloday are both owned...but my gut is telling me he plays Monday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shefter just said his status is "up in the air"

 

I am likely benching him. I can't afford a zero. If he goes off for 40 on my bench, so be it, but I'd be pissed if I lose by 5-6 points and could have one if not for him being inactive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, the holy one said:

Duuudes you dont bench your round 1 pick, if he's playing I'm starting him. It looks like he'll play imo.

If it plays out like with Megatron in 2014 then it's not always a bad idea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, adameb said:

If it plays out like with Megatron in 2014 then it's not always a bad idea

 

There are countless other examples of being it the other way

Edited by the holy one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, the holy one said:

Duuudes you dont bench your round 1 pick, if he's playing I'm starting him. It looks like he'll play imo.

The problem we all face is we have no idea if he is playing. If he doesn't start then we are stuck with Roger Lewis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, the holy one said:

Duuudes you dont bench your round 1 pick, if he's playing I'm starting him. It looks like he'll play imo.

 

Except you don't know if he is playing or not until it is too late to replace him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, the holy one said:

 

There are countless other examples of being it the other way

Of first round WR's injuring their ankle, being out for a few weeks then rumored to be coming back in a limited capacity?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In that case you should take the conservative approach and put a WR3/4 in your line up and hope for a miracle that he'll put up more points than 5.0. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd find it hard to start him without a backup player in the same game. In my case it's Sheppard but if you don't have another option in this game, I'd stay away. If he plays they will try to get him shorter plays most likely which is fine with me. He hasn't had to wear a boot which is great but my biggest worry isn't him being a decoy but instead playing one series and then sitting the rest of

the game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For your consideration: if he does play, I imagine he'll have Slay following him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Robrain said:

 

 

I took this to mean he was not going to play. Why would he tweet something like that if he planned on suiting up? I could be wrong but it just seemed like a red flag to me combined with the Schefter "up in the air" tweet. I think the smart thing for him would be to not rush coming back. He's in a contract year and it makes no sense to risk his pay day in week 2 by coming back before he was fully healed. As a fantasy owner I actually prefer this approach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JoeG03 said:

 

I took this to mean he was not going to play. Why would he tweet something like that if he planned on suiting up? I could be wrong but it just seemed like a red flag to me combined with the Schefter "up in the air" tweet. I think the smart thing for him would be to not rush coming back. He's in a contract year and it makes no sense to risk his pay day in week 2 by coming back before he was fully healed. As a fantasy owner I actually prefer this approach.

 

He probably said it because his social media accounts are getting blown up with nerds hassling him about playing. They probably think saying something like "Derp, Odell, gotta start man you're ruining my fantasy team. DERP" is super original and funny.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got OBJ in the starting lineup but was able to drop that fat load Lacy right before the games started yesterday and grab Golladay, so I have options.  need 12 points for the win...gonna be a tough decision if he actually does play.  I'm afraid of that decoy concept, although I can't imagine running a guy out there if there are no plans to get him involved.  I dunno...dang.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JoeG03 said:

 

I took this to mean he was not going to play. Why would he tweet something like that if he planned on suiting up? I could be wrong but it just seemed like a red flag to me combined with the Schefter "up in the air" tweet. I think the smart thing for him would be to not rush coming back. He's in a contract year and it makes no sense to risk his pay day in week 2 by coming back before he was fully healed. As a fantasy owner I actually prefer this approach.

 

He posted that on Saturday so it's possible his body feels different/better between now and then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

 

I wonder how much less he could care?

 

Someone should retweet this back at him. :) 

 

 

044b21b6d237b26e238e6d86b4074a67--sour-c

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, '71 Bucks said:

 

He posted that on Saturday so it's possible his body feels different/better between now and then

Yea that is true...but it could also go the other way. He feels good today, suits up, then runs a few routes and realizes he can't cut and then the giants shut him down halfway through the first quarter. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

 

Someone should retweet this back at him. :) 

 

 

044b21b6d237b26e238e6d86b4074a67--sour-c

 

 

Yes!!!!  This drives me crazy.  It's confusing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

 

He probably said it because his social media accounts are getting blown up with nerds hassling him about playing. They probably think saying something like "Derp, Odell, gotta start man you're ruining my fantasy team. DERP" is super original and funny.

 

 

 

OOOOHHHHH, THE POOR WIDDLE BABY!!1!  "WAHHHWAHH MY TWITTER FEED IS GETTING BOMBARDED!!1!  WHY OH WHY DID I CHOOSE THIS LIFE OF A MULTI-MILLIONAIRE SUPERSTAR IN THE GREATEST MEDIA CENTER IN THE WORLD??!?  LEMME ALONE YOU NERDZ!!1!  I NEED A SAFE SPACE TO 'HEAL' "

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Contract year is a pretty big deal, I know I wouldn't rush back just to get hurt again and miss even more time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.