BlakeP42

Odell Beckham Jr 2017 Season Outlook

On 01/10/2017 at 12:52 PM, phatrat said:

Yeah right let's bench the only player who can win games of offense.

51 minutes ago, Chente said:

Yeah right let's bench the only player who can win games of offense.

0-4 is not good enough, let's go 0-5

NFL Network just reported that the Bucs were consistently calling out the Giants plays and knew the routes that OBJ was going to run. OBJ backed up the statement and stated that some Bucs approached him after the game and said that they knew the plays and routes before plays were even being ran.....

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2017/10/giants_wr_odell_beckham_opponents_know_what_routes.html

Why is this significant?!?

Last year, Ben McAdoo ran 90% of his plays from the same formation in 2016. This season that number is not too much better but has been reduced to approximately 78%, which is still too high. Last year, The Cincinnati Bengals made some similar comments after a loss back in November 2016.

Based on what we saw in the first game of this season of the Cowboys, you can make an argument that the Cowboys were two steps ahead as well. Morale of the story, this offense has made progress in the last two weeks, but will never be as dynamic as it can be unless McAdoo is removed from the playcalling or the sidelines as a whole. Odell stated he had to make things happen with his pure talent and skill since the defense knew what was coming. Ultimately, OBJ's production could take a serious hit this year if nothing changes. Hopefully not because he is still head and shoulders better than most.

ODB's upcoming schedule:

Casey Hayward the the Chargers

Talib and Denver

Sherman and Seattle

BYE

I was gonna try to make a play for this CAT, but the next month looks brutal and very unlikely to return "typical" ODB production

51 minutes ago, Rs79 said:

ODB's upcoming schedule:

Talib and Denver

Sherman and Seattle

BYE

I was gonna try to make a play for this CAT, but the next month looks brutal and very unlikely to return "typical" ODB production

He will get his. Besides his antics, he is a top 5 wr in the league. He is start able vs anyone.

1 hour ago, Rs79 said:

ODB's upcoming schedule:

Talib and Denver

Sherman and Seattle

BYE

I handcuffed OBJ with Shepard for this reason and due to the fact that he'll probably be banged up for most of the season.

Has anyone else done the same?

1 hour ago, Rs79 said:

ODB's upcoming schedule:

Talib and Denver

Sherman and Seattle

BYE

he cant be shadowed .. he can align everywhere in the field and his speed + route running are matchup proof..

ODB is matchup proof I don't care who he's playing.

The problem is his health, but he's young and solid.

On 10/5/2017 at 11:53 AM, Chente said:

ODB is matchup proof I don't care who he's playing.

The problem is his health, but he's young and solid.

Yep, that's a season ender. Started 3-0 lost Cook last week and now OBJ I may not win another game :(

Looks like Tib/Fib fracture. I've had that exact injury, pretty brutal recovery I still feel it 10 years later.

1. Just traded for him and I'm embarrassed to say who I traded even though I was deep at RB and thin at WR.

One can only hope he misses a month but thats doubtful.

3 minutes ago, !!! said:

Looks like Tib/Fib fracture. I've had that exact injury, pretty brutal recovery I still feel it 10 years later.

Yeah the discussion could really shift to what kind of player we’re looking at for the rest of his career. Devastating.

With the Giants about to go 0-5 I'd say done for the season.  No reason in further risking him for this joke of a team.

1 minute ago, IDGAFOS said:

With the Giants about to go 0-5 I'd say done for the season.  No reason in further risking him for this joke of a team.

yeah time to tank in ny

Schefter reporting that OBJ is already heading for surgery.