mrblonde1984

Mike Gillislee 2017 Outlook

he carries the same upside he did in week 1, he is a rb playing on a top offense who has a chance at goal line carries.  right now we don't know who is getting the goal line.  could be lewis, could be gilly.  or they could go a completely different direction and go pass heavy at the goal line and target gronk/white instead of trying to run it in.  bottom line is gilly is worth a flier flex play for the potential td if your other options are pedestrian

3 minutes ago, mjb said:

This reminds me of the "Jonas Gray" game.

It reeks of it. I have no doubt that Belicheck is going to flip on the Saints@Bills 2017 game and see what exactly Payton did. Run Run Run. Beat them like a high school team.  

• Like 1

Do we know for sure that Gillislee will be active?  I think it is a great leap of faith to assume Gillislee will step right into the Rex Burkhead role.  Gillislee's lack of ball security and zero passing game role (Mike may not yet grasp the Pats intricate playbook) caused him to be phazed out weeks ago...

6 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Do we know for sure that Gillislee will be active?  I think it is a great leap of faith to assume Gillislee will step right into the Rex Burkhead role.  Gillislee's lack of ball security and zero passing game role (Mike may not yet grasp the Pats intricate playbook) caused him to be phazed out weeks ago...

Yes, BB has never activated only 2 RB's.

6 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

no one is saying he is stepping into Burkhead's role.  the play is purely for his TD upside, which is the role he was in at the beginning of the year.  as far as ball security, Burkhead put it on the ground too.  it was simply that he is more one dimensional than Burkhead and Lewis so there was no room for him when they were both healthy.  there is room for him now if Burkhead has to sit and i'd imagine he'd continue his old role as a short yardage rb.  Lewis will still get his, and White sprinkled into the mix for passing downs.  Gilly is a td upside play.  and given how bad BUF is at defending the run it makes him a little more this week than if it was say a game against PHI who is tough on the run.

• Like 1

Let's go!!!

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports James White (ankle, questionable) is not expected to play Week 16 against the Bills.

Chris Hogan (shoulder) is also expected to sit. With Rex Burkhead (knee) also sidelined, White sitting should open up an almost every-down role for Dion Lewis, although Mike Gillislee should get some touches for the first time since Week 8. In a good matchup, Lewis is a back-end RB1.

Dec 24 - 12:23 AM

With the news of White being ruled out I think Gillislee is due for a big game of GL vulturing. 

1 hour ago, TheINC said:

With the news of White being ruled out I think Gillislee is due for a big game of GL vulturing. 

it is definitely a positive sign for Gilly,

1 minute ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Guys, they're playing Buffalo... Both could have good games.

Lewis for 120+ total yards and a TD

Gilly for 50 rushing yards and 1+ TDs

I would feel confident starting both if I had to 

I'm still confident that Lewis will breakout big time, but just picked up Gill to block my opponent. It's the championship, no loose ends lol. No way will this guy get lucky in someone else lineup.

Edited by nonstopfan

5 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

I'm still confident that Lewis will breakout big time, but just picked up Gill to block my opponent. It's the championship, no loose ends lol. No way will this guy get lucky in someone else lineup.

Did the same as well 

nothing would drive me crazier than seeing my opponent pick up and plug in last minute vs me ...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Did the same as well 

nothing would drive me crazier than seeing my opponent pick up and plug in last minute vs me ...

I just did that. Feeling it!

I am grabbed him and really want to throw him in my flex over k wright!! Being PPR though it is pretty risky

Nothing says fantasy football like making it to the championship only to ponder and worry and sweat over starting a guy that's been out for two months. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, mar1kle said:

Lewis was quoted as saying GL still wasn't his responsibility. 

Where did you hear that? Not questioning it, just curious what the context was.