mrblonde1984

Mike Gillislee 2017 Outlook

8 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

It says he may. I may also bump into a hot girl today. I just may...

I posted the link because he says the goal line work is not his job.  Some asked for the article with the quote.

may just roll him out there today in the flex

Edited by HTXMade

It only took two RB injuries to get Gillislee to active status.  Congrats.

2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

It only took two RB injuries to get Gillislee to active status.  Congrats.

What are you sarcastically congratulating people for?

I suppose it's because up on your fantasy football pedestal, you'd never stoop so low to start a guy like Gillislee? No one is excited about starting him, but in deeper leagues sometimes necessity forces your hand.

There have been worse pickups and plays this season.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

What are you sarcastically congratulating people for?

I suppose it's because up on your fantasy football pedestal, you'd never stoop so low to start a guy like Gillislee? No one is excited about starting him, but in deeper leagues sometimes necessity forces your hand.

There have been worse pickups and plays this season.

Gillislee is not a bad dart throw.  If I had to choose between Gillislee and Lewis, however, I would take Lewis in a heartbeat.

Gillislee is not a bad dart throw.  If I had to choose between Gillislee and Lewis, however, I would take Lewis in a heartbeat.

well, yeah.

Is someone advocating Gilly over Lewis?

I think Gilly could be floor of 7 points, ceiling of 20. For those needing a flex especially in standard not bad.

Well yeah, you and everyone else. What kind of statement is that?  

I'm pretty sure no one (at least not in this thread) is debating that Gillislee is a better start than Lewis.

My gut says Gillislee will be the pounder and the goal line back. Lewis will be the passing back. Gill could have a huge day - last game they shut Buffalo down. Anyone sneering at starting Gilly is an unmitigated fool. 

Picked him up this morning and rolling him out in my flex over much higher touted, “safe” options. Risky play but no guts, no glory. Especially in a matchup where I was already a big dog and got little from McKinnon. 

On 12/22/2017 at 8:34 AM, this guy right here said:

Are you serious? You are 100% incorrect. The Pats are notorious for a running back carousel. They have three RBs getting around 33% of the snaps a game RIGHT NOW. Just last year ya boy Burkhead came out of nowhere for 115 and 2TDs the last game of the season with all their RBs active. Ever heard off Jonas Gray? Ridley, Bolden, White, Vereen, Lewis, Blount? 

Awfully quiet in here... Where was that Jonas Gray game? Bellichick gonna Bellichick, amirite guys?

Yea guys where's all the bragging on this guy now? Better bench Lewis, BB knows it's a revenge game, Jonas Gray, yada yada

2 hours ago, RustyMiller said:

One thing I learned this year is that revenge games for players being traded or released never amount to anything.

1- Gills wasn't released or traded. He signed with the Patriots and the Bills didnt match the offer.

2- Revenge games would be the FIRST time said player plays against their old team. 

• Confused 1

FWIW there was a string of years where you could set your watch to players blowing up for Revenge Games. Around 209-2012 I think? It happened often enough that people still make note of these matchups.

4 hours ago, Gryfter said:

1- Gills wasn't released or traded. He signed with the Patriots and the Bills didnt match the offer.

2- Revenge games would be the FIRST time said player plays against their old team. 

he wasn't active for the first one @Buffalo, so, unless he chucked orange peels and nasty cuss words from the bench don't know how that would qualify as "first" revenge game ...

• Haha 1

The Gillislee v. Lewis saga of week 16 is a great example of something that fantasy team managers do way too much: over-react to the active/inactive list, panic, and ignore the most relevant evidence, usually the previous six weeks or so.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The Gillislee v. Lewis saga of week 16 is a great example of something that fantasy team managers do way too much: over-react to the active/inactive list, panic, and ignore the most relevant evidence, usually the previous six weeks or so.

I think all you Lewis guys are in the wrong thread if you came to pat yourself on the back... no one in here was saying Gillislee was a better start than Lewis.  Perhaps there were those in the Lewis thread that were scared about Gilly getting the majority of touches... I'm not sure, I didn't check. 

The debate yesterday morning in this thread was if Gilly was worth a start due to the goalline work he might get.  He scored a TD and put up 10+ points in Standard.  Why is everyone coming in to say "I told you so"?  He gave all of us who started him pretty much what we should have hoped for.

Oh, and uh, Merry Christmas...

Gilly! Gilly! 🎄🍻

• Thanks 2

I started gilly for the TD upside. He had 9 points in standard. Not terrible. Scored as much as Zeke. 

3 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I think all you Lewis guys are in the wrong thread if you came to pat yourself on the back... no one in here was saying Gillislee was a better start than Lewis.  Perhaps there were those in the Lewis thread that were scared about Gilly getting the majority of touches... I'm not sure, I didn't check. 

The debate yesterday morning in this thread was if Gilly was worth a start due to the goalline work he might get.  He scored a TD and put up 10+ points in Standard.  Why is everyone coming in to say "I told you so"?  He gave all of us who started him pretty much what we should have hoped for.

Oh, and uh, Merry Christmas...

Gilly! Gilly! 🎄🍻

I think the biggest problem children were those who benched Lewis because of Gillislee.